Topic: Suspiria's Top 100 Slashers of all Time

I made this list months ago and forgot to post it. Feel free to add something if you want.

1.My Bloody Valentine
2.Halloween
3.Stage Fright
4.Intruder
5.Slumber Party Massacre
6.House on Sorority Row
7. The Mutilator
8.Friday the 13th Part 4
9.The Burning
10.Slaughter High
11.Psycho
12.The Texas Chain Saw Massacre
13.Home Sick
14.Night School
15.Maniac
16.The Prowler
17.Just Before Dawn
18.Twitch of the Death Nerve
19.Halloween remake
20.The Initiation
21.Alice Sweet Alice
22.Curtains
23.Tenebre
24.Scream
25.Hatchet
26.Black Christmas
27.Blood and Black Lace
28.Candyman
29.Phenomena
30.A Nightmare On Elm Street
31.Halloween 2
32.Friday the 13th
33.Prom Night
34.Hell Night
35.Terror Train
36.Sorority House Massacre
37.Happy Birthday to Me
38.Pieces
39.Peeping Tom
40.Dementia 13
41.The New York Ripper
42.Don’t go in the House
43.Maniac Cop
44.Madman
45.The Last Horror Film
46.Silent Night Deadly Night
47.Gutterballs
48.Scalps
49.The Slayer
50.Cold Prey 2
51.Death Valley
52.Opera
53.Sweatshop
54.Cold Prey
55.Wrong Turn 2
56.A Nightmare on Elm Street part 3
57.Eyes of A Stranger
58.Visiting Hours
59.Sleepaway Camp
60.Slaughterhouse
61.Horrible
62.The Outing
63.Chopping Mall
64.Hatchet 2
65.Silent Scream
66.Blood Night: Legend of Mary Hatchet
67.Cat in the Brain
68.Midnight Movie
69.Popcorn
70.The Funhouse
71.Alone in the Dark
72.Don’t go in the woods Alone
73.He Knows You’re Alone
74.Final Exam
75.Blood Frenzy
76.Bloody Movie
77.Jack Frost
78.Killer Movie
79.High Tension
80.Murder Set Pieces
81.Uncle Sam
82.Friday the 13th remake
83.Shredder
84.Dr. Giggles
85.All the Boys Love Mandy Lane
86.Slaughter Night
87.A Clown at Midnight
88.Satans Little Helper
89.Urban Legend
90.I Know What You Did Last Summer
91.Cheerleader Camp
92.Spirit Camp
93.TCM: The Beginning
94.Tool Box Murders(remake)
95.Bloody Moon
96.Killer Workout
97.Return to Sleepaway Camp
98.The Haunted House of Horror
99.Evil Laugh
100.Tormented

Honorable Mentions: Behind the Mask, Campsite Massacre(the final terror), Return to Horror High, Knock Knock, Edge of the axe, Hack, The Tripper, Kolobos.

Re: Suspiria's Top 100 Slashers of all Time

thats an impressive lists of slasher flicks...  I have seen about 75% of these movies.. Thanks I can use this as a list of 'must see' movies

I would do tons of juggling as far as numerical placement goes, but overall this is indeed an impressive and indispensable list of slasher films.  Great job, sus!  smile
I've only not seen 5 of them if my memory serves me correctly and slashers aren't even my favorite genre. LOL

Last edited by deadhorse13 (2011-03-11 14:49:03)

very cool list. I find # 8 a little weired any reason that one is spec to you more so then the other Ft13?

Awesome list Sus, my favourite wink I copied this list so that I can go back to it when I am looking for more new slashers. I haven't seen all of those, but I think Shredder and Sleepaway camp should get the boot tongue Ok you can keep Sleepaway Camp because it is considered a cult classic, but ugh...Shredder I hated. It was funny at first then it was just sad and I wanted my 3 dollars back so I sold it for 7. Put Scarecrows on it smile
But again great list obviously.

swollenguy wrote:

very cool list. I find # 8 a little weired any reason that one is spec to you more so then the other Ft13?

Part 4 is by far the best Friday film IMO. Tons of awesome kills, plenty of T&A, and some of the most interesting characters of the franchise.

Vamp_Slayer wrote:

Awesome list Sus, my favourite wink I copied this list so that I can go back to it when I am looking for more new slashers. I haven't seen all of those, but I think Shredder and Sleepaway camp should get the boot tongue Ok you can keep Sleepaway Camp because it is considered a cult classic, but ugh...Shredder I hated. It was funny at first then it was just sad and I wanted my 3 dollars back so I sold it for 7. Put Scarecrows on it smile
But again great list obviously.

BTW, If you're looking for new slashers and you decide to check out the movie The Outing, be sure its the one about the killer genie inside of the museum. Theres another movie by the same name that's one of the worst slasher's I've seen. I believe that one also goes by the name Scream.(No relation to the Wes Craven movie)

Haha oh really? I almost picked up that Scream movie before too. Just a couple days ago, although I had heard it was horrible many years ago when I used to visit another horror site (it didn't work wink ) But I will keep that in mind.

And I agree about Friday part 4, it is the best one, it's the only Friday movie have given an 8/10 all the rest got a 7/10 or less from me. I actually got to see it in theaters when it played here too, about two years ago (since the remake was coming out) that was a blast with the audience.

My top ten...

1. Black Christmas (1973)
2. My Bloody Valentine (1981)
3. Intruder (1989)
4. Halloween (1978)
5. The Burning (1981)
6. American Psycho (1999)
7. Maniac (1980)
8. A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984)
9. Texas Chainsaw Massacre (1974)
0. Unhinged (1982)

I Need to look up a few these...looks like im gonna have to dl thought because they are not available unless you wanna pay out the ass on amazon for em.

I can't even find The Mutilator available to dl sad

Friday IV is hands down my favorite of all The Friday flicks also. Had the best/coolest F/X and Corey Feldman big_smile

Wow Sus,  great list!  I see a few I have not seen yet.  I will have to make a wish list to watch...

Now that is an extensive list.  That I would disagree with the order is beside the point -- I don't think I could have thought of that many slasher movies on my best day!

Good job, man.  Some classics, indeed.

Great list Sus! definitely will check out a bunch of these smile

ChainSaW80 wrote:

My top ten...

1. Black Christmas (1973)
2. My Bloody Valentine (1981)
3. Intruder (1989)
4. Halloween (1978)
5. The Burning (1981)
6. American Psycho (1999)
7. Maniac (1980)
8. A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984)
9. Texas Chainsaw Massacre (1974)
0. Unhinged (1982)

I Need to look up a few these...looks like im gonna have to dl thought because they are not available unless you wanna pay out the ass on amazon for em.

I can't even find The Mutilator available to dl sad

Yeah, some of the rare ones that aren't available on DVD are hard to find sometimes. I just buy DVD-R copies of them instead of downloading or buying worn out VHS copies.

Sus, that is an EPIC LIST!!!!! big_smile

That is an awesome list.  A lot I haven't seen.  Gotta depart from a lot on this Thread though...Friday 6 is my fave and the best IMHO.  Might have something to do with when i t came out though for me.  4 is great too.

Holy Moly, sus that is one hall of a list buddy! Even bigger than my Christmas list when I was about ten yrs old. I so have to see Satan's Little Helper.

Last edited by Underdog (2011-03-12 00:08:19)

Suspiria_89 wrote:
swollenguy wrote:

Part 4 is by far the best Friday film IMO. Tons of awesome kills, plenty of T&A, and some of the most interesting characters of the franchise.

I agree. Part 4 is one of my favorite entries in the Friday series, along with Part 6: Jason Lives.

Part 6 is tons of fun. I love the paintball scene.

Vamp_Slayer wrote:

Haha oh really? I almost picked up that Scream movie before too. Just a couple days ago, although I had heard it was horrible many years ago when I used to visit another horror site (it didn't work wink )

You were part of another Horror site?!?!?!?!  Did you all know this?  I feel so dam betrayed!

I don't get all the love for 'My Bloody Valentine'. I only saw the remake but the idea is so retard to me 'oo watch out it's a miner dude with a pick axe' ha ha.

Cool list though. Jack Frost ha ha ha loves it.

I think I will be forever puzzled as to why you would dislike My Bloody Valentine but love Jack Frost.  That's like dumping the prom queen for the chick who sits in the corner while picking her nose and eating it.

But, to each his own.  I guess... lol

Holy sh*t Sus, thats a impressive list!! Can't say i've seen allot of them though lol. Really want to see Popcorn.

LoudLon wrote:

I think I will be forever puzzled as to why you would dislike My Bloody Valentine but love Jack Frost.  That's like dumping the prom queen for the chick who sits in the corner while picking her nose and eating it.

But, to each his own.  I guess... lol

LMAO

Baby, forget about the remake. Watch the uncut version of the original.

Baby_Firefly wrote:

I don't get all the love for 'My Bloody Valentine'. I only saw the remake but the idea is so retard to me 'oo watch out it's a miner dude with a pick axe' ha ha.

Cool list though. Jack Frost ha ha ha loves it.

Sooooo, you pretty much don't like any  70's & 80's Slashers?