Topic: Scott Pilgrim vs the World

I just saw the movie at a staff screening at the theater I work at. 

IT WAS AWESOME! 

The best videogame movie ever made...without ever being a videogame. 

I'm not a fan of Michael Cera, but he was perfect and quite entertaining in the role.  The movie was bright and fun and perfectly paced.  Never felt dull.

SEE IT!  Awesome movie.

Re: Scott Pilgrim vs the World

Michael Cera is fkn funny - how dare you!

he usually does similar characters for most movies - but this film looks like his most diverse character yet

i am keen for this - good to hear tis funnies

i love his monotone style and logical thinking

"...and some spermicidal lube"

I saw Scott Pilgrim yesterday.  I walked out a little disappointed but as the day wore on and I thought more about it really I enjoyed it a hell of a lot more then I initially realized.  I'm listening to the soundtrack now as we speak.  We are Sex Bob-Omb and we're here to make you think about death and get sad and stuff!

Havent seen it yet but that chick in it
with the colored hair looks hot tongue lol lol

Last edited by Michael_Jason_Krueger (2010-08-17 05:00:29)

Plan on going to see it pretty soon. It looks very unique.

The one thing I have always liked about Scott Pilgrim is all the video game puns.  Like the one band being called The Clash at Demonhead.   I had Clash at Demonhead for NES as a kid, i love the game but it was hard as shit!  I never beat it without cheating

is it currently a kids cartoon?

i know nothing about it really

I thought it looked weird from the trailers i wasn't all that interested. Still am not. But i have a feeling i would love the movie

you're just a fkn hater

SHAME!

Damn right  i fkn hate it.... tongue LOL jk Not a hater, it just looked odd to me, im sure i would enjoy it the trailers just didn't do much for me ya'know?

i know - i just saw the dude and got a man boner - its really strange how i enjoy his ways - no homo-erotic feelings though - i just rekon he;d be cool to smke bngs with

Yeah Cera seems like a pretty good dude from watching him on letterman and what not, although a lot of his movies aren't really to my taste i developed a slight man crush on him from the series Arrested Development, which is where his persona originated. Highly recommend people check it out.
As for the movie i loved it, so many great references, funny plus both the coloured hair girls are total babes, awesome special effects too.

I don't have anything against Michael Cera, but I found SCOTT PILGRIM VS. THE WORLD unwatchable.  I turned it off about 30 minutes in, promptly returned it to Redbox.

Same here.  I bought the DVD sight-unseen and it's just too bad I threw away the receipt.  Maybe if it had played out like a quirky independent comedy like Napolean Dynamite or something I would have found it more interesting, but as is it seems aimed at the no-attention-span crowd -- full of mind-numbing special FX designed to distract you from the fact there ain't a lot going on.

Furthermore, I just can't stand Michael Cera.  Why people find this twerpy dope so appealing escapes me.

I too found it to be very meh. Perhaps I wasn't the right crowd for it or maybe I just don't like comic books that much (unless it's Batman).

I didn't really know what to think of this movie, I saw the trailers and thought it looked meh and then me and my girlfriend watch it at her friends house and I have to say i enjoyed it alot, I found it to be a very fun movie and very original too.