Topic: My Bloody Valentine steelbook

SWEET !!!!  Gotta love Euro steelbooks!!! Bagged this on Ebay Netherlands.

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m311/KimInSook/July/DSC09269.jpg

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m311/KimInSook/July/DSC09275.jpg

Re: My Bloody Valentine steelbook

Very nice, Bunshinsaba! big_smile

So pretty, Steelbook and Digibooks are underutilized here in the States

That's cool...too bad its not the original. I want the planet terror steelbook!

Hey, Chain -- guess who's got it?

<--- This guy. big_smile

Can I have it? big_smile

Big fat no.

lol

Hmm.. sad

I have been considering selling off the majority of my DVD collection, but Planet Terror ain't one of 'em.  You know, I actually got it for seven bucks at a used DVD shop?  They got royally screwed on that deal. lol

LoudLon wrote:

I have been considering selling off the majority of my DVD collection, but Planet Terror ain't one of 'em.  You know, I actually got it for seven bucks at a used DVD shop?  They got royally screwed on that deal. lol

Hahaha, nice!!

I love my dvds...I could never sell em.

I have two bookshelves which hold about 250 each and another 100 or so in a closet.  That's not including a UHaul packing box full of chop socky and Hong Kong flicks.  I've got somewhere around seven hundred in total; thinking of selling about 500 of 'em.

That's a lot of living space being taken up, man.  Besides, I've got about 800 gigs of space on my PC.  I can rip all the ones I want to sell onto my PC first and still have room for a hundred more movies.

the only Steelbook I own is Fulci's The Beyond.  It's sweet.

I have about 500 DVD's(only about 20 Blur-rays) and I use to have about 600 VHS's but I sold and gave away about half of my VHS collection. Like Lon said, they took up way to much space.

Cool Steelbook BTW

I had a buddy on the site I used to review for who collected every DVD release of The Beyond; he had something like seven versions of it from various countries  (even the cut US 7 Doors of Death version).  He also said the steelbook was bad ass. 

What all's in it?

Suspiria_89 wrote:

I have about 500 DVD's(only about 20 Blur-rays) and I use to have about 600 VHS's but I sold and gave away about half of my VHS collection. Like Lon said, they took up way to much space.

Cool Steelbook BTW

I have about 200 VHS; about 80% of them are original OOP releases (big plastic boxes like old Vestron releases, Wizard Video, etc) I've saved up over the last 21, 22 years.  I don't ever see myself parting with them, though.

deadhorse13 wrote:

the only Steelbook I own is Fulci's The Beyond.  It's sweet.

That's awesome. I love The Beyond.

I also only own one steelbook; one of The Texas Chain Saw Massacre (1974). It is also sweet.

I have only around 150 VHS releases "proper", but - if you can believe it - I have over 1600 VHS dubs - they take up a half a wall stacked from floor to ceiling with every conceivable type of thing recorded on them - copies of films, music videos, stuff from talk shows, band performances, cable oddities, you name it.  From the ages of about 15 to 35 I kept a blank tape in my VCR and recorded anything of interest I'd come across.  The amount of stuff I taped was pretty freaking absurd.  I don't plan on making another move without going thru them, keeping the necessities and ridding myself of the rest.  I dread that task to no end. LOL

edit: and that's right!  I own 2 steelbooks - I also have the TCM one  smile

Last edited by deadhorse13 (2011-03-13 23:32:30)

LoudLon wrote:
Suspiria_89 wrote:

Cool Steelbook BTW

I have about 200 VHS; about 80% of them are original OOP releases (big plastic boxes like old Vestron releases, Wizard Video, etc) I've saved up over the last 21, 22 years.  I don't ever see myself parting with them, though.

I kept all of my rare OOP VHS's. Most of the VHS's I sold I had already upgraded to DVD so there was really no use in keeping it.

Last edited by Suspiria_89 (2011-03-13 23:49:18)

deadhorse13 wrote:

I have only around 150 VHS releases "proper", but - if you can believe it - I have over 1600 VHS dubs - they take up a half a wall stacked from floor to ceiling with every conceivable type of thing recorded on them - copies of films, music videos, stuff from talk shows, band performances, cable oddities, you name it.  From the ages of about 15 to 35 I kept a blank tape in my VCR and recorded anything of interest I'd come across.  The amount of stuff I taped was pretty freaking absurd.  I don't plan on making another move without going thru them, keeping the necessities and ridding myself of the rest.  I dread that task to no end. LOL

edit: and that's right!  I own 2 steelbooks - I also have the TCM one  smile

Dude, I grew up poor.  Dubbing three movies on ever VHS tape was de rigeur for me, so I know exactly what you're talking about.  lol

Like you I had all kinds of stuff...George Lynch playing Mr. Scary for a Japanese instruction video I copied off a friend, Geraldo opening Capone's "treasure room," episodes of the Morton Downey Jr. Show, first runs of Freddy's Nightmares, concerts, bodybuilding events, kickboxing matches, my very first lip-sync "band" (we called ourselves Dead Cat Rigormortis, dressed up like rockers and lip-synced to stuff by Metallica, Skid Row, Motley Crue...all the greats lol ).  I only have like three of those tapes left, though.  The rest were lost years ago.  Pisses me off, I had all kinds of great shit recorded.

Very nice steel book fkn love the texture on the inside. I was collecting them for a while but gave up lol. More dvds/blurays should include interior artwork. Im cutting my dvds down from around 450 to a bit under 100. Need the money and only selling ones that are on bluray or I don't care about lol.

deadhorse13 and LoudLon, thats pretty bad ass haha big_smile

Steelbooks that I own are Gotham Knight, 5 Films by Dario Argento, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Planet Terror and...I think that's it.

I got all you guys beat.

Back in 1997, just before moving to Japan for 11 years, I owned close to 3000 VHS tapes, all rare, genre stuff, some boots of course. Had over 100 women-in-prison films alone. Yeah those were the days... and really regret letting most of those tapes go as so many have never come onto DVD. Bollocks! Nowhere near that these days. Have about 25 Blurays and 80 DVDs.... not counting my massive Korean horror collection nearing 150 DVDs/VCDs now.

I have. The TCM 74' steelbook and a Dog Soldiers one. I think that's it for me.