Re: What are you writing?

it just so happens it's the reason for being on the train, but aside from that Christmas has no real bearing on any of the events that transpire - I'd say do it

Hi All,

I haven't been on the site in a while as I've been busy with a few things, work-related (

I have writers block..can't think of ideas worthy enough for my script.

Weird, the majority of my post never made it through..

Anyway, since we're on the topic of books, I just accepted an exciting opportunity that I wanted to share with everyone. I am going to be writing the biography for Eileen Dietz. Those of you who are hardcore fans of The Exorcist will know who she is. I just spoke with her for the first time yesterday and she seems like a wonderful woman rich with incredible stories about her life, the horror industry, etc.

That's about it for now. We're going to get started shortly. If anyone's interested, I'd be happy to keep you updated on the book's progress (i.e. proposed titles, release date, etc.).

And lastly, if you paid any attention to this post at all, I thank you deeply!

-Dan

Hey Dano WB

DanofDarkness wrote:

Anyway, since we're on the topic of books, I just accepted an exciting opportunity that I wanted to share with everyone. I am going to be writing the biography for Eileen Dietz. Those of you who are hardcore fans of The Exorcist will know who she is.

Cool, Pazuzu herself!  Good luck with the bio, man.  Definitely keep us posted.

DanofDarkness wrote:

I am going to be writing the biography for Eileen Dietz. Those of you who are hardcore fans of The Exorcist will know who she is.

That is SO damn cool, Dan!  Congrats!

Thanks J.N., LoudLon! I'm pumped!!! I'll definitely keep you posted. The fun begins tonight!!!

Scavenger.

New from my bizarre imagination:

http://theswollencorpse.blogspot.com/20 … enger.html

Writing two novels.

Both untitled as I like to come up with that idea when the story is actually finished. Half way through one at the moment that is a mix of Laymon meets King and the other nearing completion. Hope to have them both finished by the end of next month.

Oh, is this why you have been gone?
I was just looking for the "writer's corner thread" and I was like it's been so long since I have been there since I never see it anymore since BTK doesn`t post in it anymore sad

That and at the moment using the library internet system, which you have a limit to go on. But one day... will be back.

Miss you too Vampy smile xox

swollenguy wrote:

Scavenger.

New from my bizarre imagination:

http://theswollencorpse.blogspot.com/20 … enger.html

haha! Great stuff, SG! Keep up the good work!

deadhorse13 wrote:

it just so happens it's the reason for being on the train, but aside from that Christmas has no real bearing on any of the events that transpire - I'd say do it

Yeah, true. If I'm going to do two reviews during Christmas, I want them to be something that's not so obvious like Silent Night Deadly Night (as much as I love those movies). For my two reviews in December, I was thinking of doing Inside and Night Train Murders.

I hereby nominate this thread for stickiness.

I think every thread is sticky. oh I guess it's just my keyboard

Last edited by swollenguy (2011-03-17 17:08:48)

Actually, a guy I sorta know ask me to write a review for his new book.  I'll post it here once I finish it.

Put The Swollen Corpse on face book. just posted today so the page needs some work.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Swoll … 7002276607

A very short story based on a reoccurring dream of mine.

The Hill:

http://theswollencorpse.blogspot.com/2011/03/hill.html

Oh cool, I didn't know there was a thread like this.

Well, I am currently writing out an outline to present to Sega. I want them to give me the okay to publish some fan-fiction about a certain game they released. Hopefully my presentation will be convincing enough for them.

Xtro wrote:

Well, I am currently writing out an outline to present to Sega. I want them to give me the okay to publish some fan-fiction about a certain game they released. Hopefully my presentation will be convincing enough for them.

It wouldn’t be Toejam and Earl would it? I love that game.

swollenguy wrote:
Xtro wrote:

It wouldn’t be Toejam and Earl would it? I love that game.

Not even close. wink

Just an update to an earlier post... Eileen's book is coming along great. We're going over "the early years" right now. Got some good stories about her acting classes and Summer Stock. After this, we're going to get into her early roles i.e. David Holzman's Diary, Steambath, Teenage Gang Debs. We even got into some stuff that may or may not make it into the book... calling it 'off the record' for now ;-) After THAT -- we talk Exorcist. yeeaaaahhhh!

My “The well” story is in the new edition of ‘Support the little guy’, which was posted today.
http://stlgzine.wordpress.com/issue-3

Working on a Lovecraft piece for here.