Topic: Interested in DVD Trading?

I am a member of several DVD trading sites on the internet. The two I use most are Switchdiscs.com (free) and Peerflix.com ($0.99 per movie) which both are great, but both have pros and cons. I may review them at some point. However, I was wondering if we could get enough interest to start our own DVD trading thread on this board.

We could keep it only about horror or include many different types of movies.

There would have to be some kind of rating system for security, so we would probably need to start with active posters and expand from there since this would mostly be based on a trust system.

The costs for mailing them would be cheaper than renting them.

So if anyone is interested post here, and if not I still recommend the other two sites mentioned.

This could also work for books as well.

Last edited by Greg (2006-07-19 17:20:52)

Re: Interested in DVD Trading?

This is a good idea.
I'm surprised nobody else is posting here.
I have a few i'm finished with.
Blind Beast vs. Killer Dwarf
The Descent region 2 official disc
Ring set
Natural City

i would support this idea if a method could be done to ensure that things go smoothly.

Interesting this is.  If anyone wants to give up a an excellent condition copy of THE BEYOND I'll trade them HELL OF THE LIVING DEAD tongue

Meh what you would have to do is start a good traders/bad traders list. At the end of the day peopple would be trading at their own risk. I would put that disclaimer on trading.

well we could enable a rating system so that folks know who is trusted here and who is not. And yeah there will have to be a disclaimer that clearly states I take NO responsibility lol.

I think the simple method is a new forum for trading. you could then post a thread for what you want to trade, and people can respond to it. You can also use the forum to let people know of members who ripped them off, and rate members so everyone knows who they can trust.

Allthough I am pretty new here, I would love to see something like this....I got a few I'd like to offload....

It could work and it would be pretty cool. As long as its done right that is. I doubt that anyone here would really want to screw over any of their fellow members, but there's always that chance that someone ends up losing a dvd and not getting anything in return. Then again, like cristeen said, it would be at your own risk and you would have to be willing to accept the consequences.

it will indeed be at the users risk but that said anyone who screws another member is pretty stupid since they will get outted here. The thing to be carefull of is to not deal with people that are not trusted members.

thegoldensimatar wrote:

Interesting this is.  If anyone wants to give up a an excellent condition copy of THE BEYOND I'll trade them HELL OF THE LIVING DEAD tongue

I picked up the region 2 version of The Beyond for next to nothing on Amazon.co.uk.  It's worth getting one of the players just for horror stuff, as a lot of out of print titles are not only in print elsewhere but are basically in bargain bins.  You can get a region free player shipped to you for about $80 total in the U.S.  I put the link in another thread, but a search for region free dvd player should do you right...the cheapest one I've found costs $69, and it worked flawlessly for 2 1/2 years for me.

Regarding the trading idea, I think it's a very cool one.  It would be a bit tough to set up who could and could not participate, I think.  I default to trusting people more often than not, but I'd probably only want to do so with the familiar names here, personally.  A great suggestion, though.

i would say we dont allow participation of anyone who has not completed their online profile and have at least 100 posts. That would be a base entry.

I have never traded DVDs online before.  But for some reason it seems like it would be a little tough and frustrating.  It could work though.

Personally for me I have had bad luck with used DVDs and have only had good results with Shivers.  But, if everyone else is a paranoid in keeping thier movies in a good as condition as they can sure.

yea this sounds like a decent idea.. I don't think I would ever trade any of my DVDs though.. I just don't like letting go of something in my collection.. But I know alot of people who do this kind of thing so as long as you are willing to accept all responsibility it should work out...

I might have one or two DVDs I would be willing to trade.  But overall most of my DVDs ain't budging from my house tongue

im so coming over to your house to steal em smile

Haha, thats what I was going to say.  I was gonna post, "Not until I steal them!".

*has house fortified with garlic, crosses and mirrors covering all doors and windows.  Has floodlights covering the front yard and a pair of 9mms in holsters and an AR-15 in hand.*

Bring it on.

I am just wondering how long the dowel will last before I have to start shaving down 2x4s when I come after you come daylight tongue

Last edited by thegoldensimatar (2006-09-23 21:50:59)

*Heads for an aerial attack*

Hee hee...

*has several 20mm vulcan guns and SAM missles on the roof that lock onto members of the board attacking the house*

smile

No one gets me DVDs.

Last edited by thegoldensimatar (2006-09-23 23:02:50)

*starts stealthly digging a tunnel under the house*

Mwa ha ha!

*Jumps out of helicopter used for aerial attack right as one of the missles hits the helicopter.  Lands on the ground and looks around suspiciously.  Chucks a smoke grenade in front lawn to block any sensors from detecting movement.  Dashes towards front door...*

I beg to differ my good sir.

*has legions of rabid moles and badgers protecting against any underground attack*

Bye bye Leon.  As for you TiM....*two quad .50 machine guns emerge from the house and open fire*

Last edited by thegoldensimatar (2006-09-23 23:47:43)

*Quickly jumps into deep hole made by Leon.  Pulls out a 12 guage shotgun and open fires on the legions of rabid moles and bagers easily wiping them out one by one*

*taking advantage of TiM's assitance, I continue digging and emerge in golden's bathroom*

Oops. I think I may have miscalculated the location of his living room.