Topic: Mother's Day, The Nesting, Bloody Birthday and more on DVD!

There are a lot of re-releases and new to DVD/Blu-Ray releases planned for the upcoming year for some very fine 80’s slasher and horror films! I cannot wait! I am sure a lot of you know of all or many of these releases, but for those who might not know I have compiled a list of some of the horrors I think would be worth spending your time and money on.

1. The Dorm That Dripped Blood (April 26th 2011) (Blu-ray/DVD combo)
2. Mother's Day (May 10th 2011) (On Blu-Ray and DVD)
EDIT: Also listed as June 7th 2011 on Amazon.com and June 24th on Troma's Website.

The Dorm That Dripped Blood Here and Mother’s Day Here on Amazon.ca (this is a Canadian site after all tongue).

3. The Nesting (June 28th 2011) thanks to Blue Underground.
4. Bloody Birthday (June 28th 2011)
5. Nightmares (not Nightmare sorry tongue) (June 28th 2011)

Bloody Birthday Here and Nightmares Here thanks to Severin Films.

6. Ghostkeeper (2011?) Code Red’s DVD news from Killer Film.

Apparently Night School and Killer Party will also see new releases, but they are 'supposedly' not being sourced from their original negatives, which would be a bummer.

Last edited by Vamp_Slayer (2011-03-18 12:10:25)

Re: Mother's Day, The Nesting, Bloody Birthday and more on DVD!

The Dorm That Dripped Blood and The Nesting are two good ones.

I can't wait to buy The Nesting. It's about time someone finally released it.

Last edited by Suspiria_89 (2011-03-18 13:05:25)

The Dorm That (aka Pranks) will only be good it's the uncut print... otherwise forget it.  And is TROMA releasing MOTHERS DAY bluray. That's a big red flag.  From what I have seen of their non-Troma releases, they are transferred VHS prints. PIGS was HORRIBLE!!

The Dorm That Dripped Blood will be Uncut, from a newly found 35 mm print.
Mother's Day says it is in Widescreen, meaning it won't be a VHS transfer, not sure of the quality though.

I have seen Night School, Nightmares, Mothers Day and they are all worth a buy at a reasonable price. The rest I am very interested in seeing.