Topic: Emulators

AH-hahahahahahaha...just found an NES emulator with both the Friday the 13 and Nightmare on Elm Street games.  I still have my old NES and F13 game, but I'd never played NOES.  Honestly...it wasn't worth the wait.

Also found a Sega emulator with all the Sega Mortal Kombat games, all the Road Rash games, Zero Tolerance and a crapload of others.

Ah...makes me feel like it's 1986-1997 all over again...

Re: Emulators

^  I seem to vaguely remember this but I'm not sure I do?

http://frank21.com/images/sell%20rubber%20pussy/buy%20fake%20pussy.jpg

DUDE!  I was just about to drop a jokey Fleshlight ref in response to your last post in Xtro's intro thread, no bullshit!

Ha!  That's too funny...

I once played the NOES video game when my friend owned a copy of it. I remember getting frustrated at how awful it was. All I remember from it was collecting bones.

I played it for all of three minutes, and yep, that's pretty much all you do.

Never had a game system until a Playstation.  So I rely on the Angry Video Game Nerd videos to see how those old-timey games play(ed).  Wow, they mostly look like they sucked.

You had to be there.

I was there since Pong lol

LoudLon wrote:

You had to be there.

I was there since Pong lol

My neighbor had an NES and a SNES.  I rocked at Ghouls 'n Goblins.  Speaking of Pong, I was the first kid on the block to have one of those old, clunky Pong consoles.  We thought it was the schnizzle untill my friend got the NES.  The dog from Duck Hunt still pisses me off.

I just wasn't really into games until Marathon on the Mac and then Resident Evil on the Playstation.  I loved the arcade version of Gorf, though.  And Phoenix- first time I blew up that mothership I was jumpin'.

I was way into Super Mario Bros back in the day.  I played that thing for months, finding all the little hidden secrets and cheats.  Obviously these were the days before cheat codes and platforms which provided methods of cracking code for modification; it was very frustrating at times.  And of course you weren't able to save your progress so if you made it all the way to the end and then lost all your lives, you were screwed and had to start all over again.

But on the same token, I kind of miss that kind of thing in a weird way.

Missile Command.

I still own a Nintendo, Sega, Atari 2600, Sega Saturn, PS1 and a few other as far as consoles go. I'm a big retro gamer, but these are the games I grew up with. I do have an emulator with every game out there, so it's never a dull moment during down time here.

Got my first game system back in 1980. Traded some home grown for a Atari 2600 system. I don't think I left my room, or got much sleep for at least a month. My all time fav old school arcade game is still Robotron.

Same here, Undie.  My dad got my older sister and me an Atari 2600 with Pac-Man for Christmas of '81.  We played that thing for a week straight.  I was hearing "dink d-dink dink dink" in my sleep. lol

MM - as far as old consoles I only have an NES with two games (Mario Bros/Duck Hunt and Friday the 13th).  I do have Xbox 360 but the console crashed.

I recently dl'ed NES and SEGA emulators, as stated in the OP.  But I hate playing with a keyboard, and I'm having the damnedest time getting my xbox controller to work with the roms, despite having downloaded the necessary app files. 

If anyone can help me figure out how to make my Xbox controller work with the roms, it would be much appreciated.

Last edited by LoudLon (2011-03-19 12:27:06)

LoudLon wrote:

Same here, Undie.  My dad got my older sister and me an Atari 2600 with Pac-Man for Christmas of '81.  We played that thing for a week straight.  I was hearing "dink d-dink dink dink" in my sleep. lol

MM - as far as old consoles I only have an NES with two games (Mario Bros/Duck Hunt and Friday the 13th).  I do have Xbox 360 but the console crashed.

I recently dl'ed NES and SEGA emulators, as stated in the OP.  But I hate playing with a keyboard, and I'm having the damnedest time getting my xbox controller to work with the roms, despite having downloaded the necessary app files. 

If anyone can help me figure out how to make my Xbox controller work with the roms, it would be much appreciated.

Funny about the "dink dink dink" in sleep thing.  A couple years ago I was playing Lego Star Wars almost non-stop on my laptop, even in bed when Vampy would be sleeping.  One morning, she woke up and told me about a dream she had.  (First off, when you collect the Lego pieces it makes a specific sound.)  She dreamed that Chewbacca and Darth Vader were running around fighting each other, while Vader was spewing out the Lego pieces out of his mouth to that "collecting" sound.

As for the controller & emu problem, what emu are you running?  I've worked with a few before, so I may (or may not) be able to help.

VirtuaNES

I've downloaded the Xbox controller driver and installed it but it doesn't do bupkis. hmm

I can't help you with the controller, but this thread just made me miss my Colecovision. Damn spider in that Smurf game was the bane of my existence for a whole week once.

LoudLon wrote:

VirtuaNES

I've downloaded the Xbox controller driver and installed it but it doesn't do bupkis. hmm

Lon, just get NESticle or another emulator. I use NESticle and you can configure an Xbox controller willy nilly.

Nestopia is a good one too.

Will do.  Thanks, man!

If those other things don't work out, give me a shout.

Cool.  I'll get right back to this...

Okay, so, I got Nestopia.  But still can't get my Xbox 360 controller to work with it.

I have a SNES emulator and about 20 games on a disc. I just bought a $15 controller to play with that plugs into my computer via usb cable. The controller is similar to a PS one.

Lon, I'll look into it and get back to you.