Re: Which T.v Series Scared You As A Child?

Haha The Hobbit? I won't ask. There was some movie I watched as a kid about these parents who were divorcing and the little boy went to stay with his dad, and the dad told him that he was gonna take him to disney in the morning, but instead he drugged him, poured gasoline on the kid, and lit him on fire. The kid lived but was badly burnt. I was so scared after seeing that. I couldn't sleep bc I thought my dad was gonna set me on fire. Took me to a shrink and everything.  LOL. true story.

I also remember watching The Thing when I was young and crying when the alien mutilated the dog. I was crying to my Dad saying "Daddy what's happening to the dogs?!?!"

still hide the matches from him, Icki?    (sorry lol)

The Smurfs creeped the hell outta me when I was a kid, not really sure why. I was fine with the Snorks however...go figure.

I also was creeped out by a movie called Deadly Eyes(?), didn't sleep for like three straight nights.

deadhorse13 wrote:

still hide the matches from him, Icki?    (sorry lol)

Lol you know it. I actually had a dream, he was in a burning house and I told the firemen not to save him. That movie fkd me up

I remember the made-for-TV horror flick Gargoyles fuckin' my shit up as a kid.  I think I was maybe 7 or 8 when I saw it.  The bit where the Gargoyle creeps up at the foot of the bed gave me nightmares for -- well, I don't remember the exact range of time, but at least a week.

I was terrified of the crypt keeper my father was obsessed with him but I would scream anytime he was watching it

The original "In Search of..." with Leonard Nimoy used to give me the willies as a kid. (hey, I'm old)

Do you guys remember a show called "Spitting Image"? It freaked the heck out of me.

Last edited by Deth_Banger (2011-03-22 14:49:52)

I remember seeing an odd puppet act on some tv show where it was a scientist and a robot both full size and one was supposed to be the puppeteer and the other the puppet and the act ended with the robot removing the scientist head exposing the robot as the puppeteer and sincerely scarring the shit out of five year old me.

Zed_Chuva wrote:

The original "In Search of..." with Leonard Nimoy used to give me the willies as a kid. (hey, I'm old)

I remember that show ! Id hear the theme music and run inside to watch....   the Loch Ness Monster photo and Leonard Nimoy will forever be asociated in my mind because of that show big_smile

have you seen the newer version ? Mitch Pilegi hosts it and it SUCKS !!!!

As a child, ......I'd have to say Night Gallery.  Used to give me nightmares.

You remember a show called "Ghost Story"  which I think was a series based off a made for TV movie of the same name?   Midseason, or in January in the 70's when we had longer seasons, the show changed titles to "Circle of Fear?"   I used to really dig those shows as a kid.   A lot of cool concepts on there.

Ok...bored and just read this whole Thread.  Noticed something.

From 2009:

LoudLon wrote:

And the made-for-TV flick Gargoyles used to scare the ever-lovin' pee pee juice out of me.

From 2011:

LoudLon wrote:

I remember the made-for-TV horror flick Gargoyles fuckin' my shit up as a kid.  I think I was maybe 7 or 8 when I saw it.  The bit where the Gargoyle creeps up at the foot of the bed gave me nightmares for -- well, I don't remember the exact range of time, but at least a week.

He's consistent.  smile  I'm just playin cuz I'm bored.

Night Gallery for me because It was too scary show for me when i was child..Really a horrible show!!

Ghostseeker wrote:

Ok...bored and just read this whole Thread.  Noticed something.

From 2009:

LoudLon wrote:

And the made-for-TV flick Gargoyles used to scare the ever-lovin' pee pee juice out of me.

From 2011:

LoudLon wrote:

He's consistent.  smile  I'm just playin cuz I'm bored.

lol

The Twilight Zone... man there were some episodes that still creep me out 40 years later.

I don't think I was ever really scared by anything. But I loved  - and still love - the classics mentioned.

Twilight Zone

Outer Limits

Invaders

Star Trek

Thriller  - that Wolfie mentioned

Ghost Stories at Christmas that the BBC in the UK used to make

Dr Who - the old stuff not the new stuff. I hate that.

Out of the Unknown

Journey to the Unknown

Etc, etc, etc...

When I was really young I remember specific episodes of Are You Afraid of the Dark? scared me. I also remember being scared by X-Files too.

Are You Afraid of the Dark? scared the holy hell out of me as a kid.  Eerie, Indiana did, too but not as much.  I would love to revisit those shows now.  I think they're on DVD.

The Hitchhiker tv show on HBO back in the 1980s. It scared the hell out of me.  Plus the theme song still gives me chills and goosebumps lol.

That and Tales From the Darkside show.

The X-files, Tales from the crypt and darkside......not all the episodes only key episodes.

Just read through this thread and I am glad that I am not alone in being scared of Unsolved Mysteries. When I was a kid this was about the only show that truly scared me the music and that creepy guy coming out of the fog. I swear I never made it further then that I always took off to my room. My damn sister used to watch that show all the time

Tales From The Dark Side opening credits alone creeped the shit out of me!

"Beyond belief: Fact or Fiction" had a few creepy episodes as well.