Topic: Television HORROR

What is your personal favorite horror television show???

Re: Television HORROR

The Walking Dead. Nothing compares or even comes close to this ground breaking show for me.

Twin Peaks would get my vote as all time favorite; however, I think HBO's Tales From The Crypt had the best run.

Currently, gotta be True Blood. As far out as the story gets it still keeps me hooked and wanting more after each episode. The characters are amazing, and there is some great action horrifically gory moments.

But I remember growing up watching Tales from the Crypt when I was younger before I really even got into horror. I remember being freaked out by it but unable to stop watching lol. A great show!

Gotta mention The Walking Dead as well...don't remember to many shows based on the zombie apocalypse and this one is Damn good.

Definitely Tales From the Crypt.

Currently ?

The Walking Dead
Elvira's Movie Macabre
I Survived  ( not really 'horror'  but pretty darn scary )

But I have always liked
Tales from The Crypt
The Night Gallery
Tales From The Darkside
The Unexpected
Twilight Zone
Outer Limits
Alfred Hitchcok Presents
Millenium
X-Files

Dexter, my favorite show of all time.

True Blood.  Love it.  About the only series I will DVR.

I watched Walking Dead.  Looking forward to the next season, but not as impressed with it as a lot of people here.  A couple episodes I was really disappointed, and almost stopped watchin it.  Glad I didn't.

My favorite is Tales From The Crypt as well.
Second place goes to The Walking Dead though!

"Dead Set" over "TWD". Clearly.

Speaking of, I just saw a few episodes of "Ugly Americans". This series has potential, no question about that. Might become the "Futurama" of the horror genre, although is far from being as subtle as Futurama was.

Now...Dexter. 2nd Walking Dead, Previously, Tales from the Darkside, Tales from the Crypt, & Twilight Zone.

Past - Tales From the Crypt
Current - True Blood

Hicks wrote:

i agree Hicksy " Dead Set" was very good and beats " The Walking Dead" (season 1) but WD is not bad at all, and is more character driven and you do care for the characters more than  in deadset. i liked the original " Outer Limits", " X Files " until it got too samey and boring, Boris Karloff's "Thriller", " Supernatural" and " The Walking Dead" of course.

wolfman1959 wrote:
Hicks wrote:

i agree Hicksy " Dead Set" was very good and beats " The Walking Dead" (season 1) but WD is not bad at all, and is more character driven and you do care for the characters more than  in deadset. i liked the original " Outer Limits", " X Files " until it got too samey and boring, Boris Karloff's "Thriller", " Supernatural" and " The Walking Dead" of course.

Not sure you can compare the two, Dead Set was just a two parter while The Walking Dead is a series which takes time to build.

My personal favorite horror television show would have to be The X-Files because it was that defining moment in my life where I made the transition from watching kid-friendly horror to more adult-themed horror. In other words, I jumped from watching Goosebumps to Child's Play within about 3 or 4 years. Upon revisiting The X-Files I rekindled my love for it. I'm an X-Phile till the end.

Oh, and Goosebumps will always have a place in my heart as well.

wolfman1959 wrote:
Hicks wrote:

some of my faves too, I saw Dead Set for the first time about a month before the Walking Dead first aired. Too close to call for me, I loved them both. Horror TV sure seems to be quality over quantity, which I'll take any day of the week!