Re: Captain America: The First Avenger (July, 2011)

Will do. 

Incidentally the current rumor is that the first official full-length trailer will be showing before Battle: Los Angeles next weekend. 

We'll see.

Well... that means I won't be seeing the trailer next wk end. Not planning on going to the theater to see Battle: Los Angeles. But that's all right. I'm sure it will be showing up on the tube soon enuf.

Word now is that the full trailer won't be released until further into April. 

Anyway, here's the latest picture released of Evans in costume:

http://comicbookmovie.com/images/users/uploads/10300/cap2.jpg

I've been following this movie, my 6yr. old son is obsessed with Marvel right now, as I was when I was his age. hope it doesnt suck!! I hate the look of disappointment on his face!! Not the best track record for Cap on film...nice pic btw.

I'm a fan! I'm more enthused about Captain America than Thor, though I'll probably see them both, then it's on to DC for Green Lantern! Nice pics Lon!

Went to see BLA on the wk end and was hoping to watch the trailer for Captain America. No such luck!

Just read this over at comicbookmovie.com.  Looks like we could have a full trailer as early as this Tuesday!

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/ … s/?a=32225

Great new pic just released of Evans in full costume, with shield and rifle:

http://spinoff.comicbookresources.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/FirstVengeanceImage.jpg

And be sure to check out tonight's episode of Entertainment Tonight, which is to feature a segment on the flick -- and possibly THE FULL TRAILER.

I'm keyed!

Here's the sneak peak at the flick as it aired earlier tonight on Entertainment Tonight; brief and the host talks over it but it provides some pretty cool glimpses of Cap in action.  And the CGI used to make Evans look like a 98 pound weakling is just about flawless.

This flick's gonna rock:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixUSuVi8ATg

The FULL TRAILER is finally online.  Check it out here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JerVrbLldXw

Last edited by LoudLon (2011-03-30 23:59:01)

Looking good! And yea, the CGI on Evans looks realistic. Thanks, Lon!!

Okay Marvel, you have me. I'll go see it.

Okay, so, comic nerds know movies like Iron Man, Hulk, Thor and Captain America are stepping stones for an Avengers movie to be released next year.  Here's a surprisingly well made fan-made Avengers trailer I just came across.  Impressive, though Ed Norton won't be appearing in the movie since Mark Ruffalo has signed on to play Bruce Banner.

Check it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl … b_Dba7VWUM

LoudLon wrote:

The FULL TRAILER is finally online.  Check it out here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BBXXnYo … r_embedded

Looks like it got cut.

Okay, replaced it with another link.  This one works. smile

Lon - Didn't know all these movies were a set up for Avengers...even after seeing the end of Iron 2.  That trailer looked bad ass.  So you're sayin Norton is replaced by Ruffalo?  Why did that happen?  I like Ruffalo more anyway, thought he was awseome in Collateral and some others.  Didn't get who Renner is playing though?

*Wrote this after seein the Avenger Trailer, not the other one.

Last edited by Ghostseeker (2011-03-31 00:04:19)

LoudLon wrote:

Okay, replaced it with another link.  This one works. smile

Thanks.  Looks very cool.

Ghostseeker wrote:

Lon - Didn't know all these movies were a set up for Avengers...even after seeing the end of Iron 2.  That trailer looked bad ass.  So you're sayin Norton is replaced by Ruffalo?  Why did that happen?  I like Ruffalo more anyway, thought he was awseome in Collateral and some others.  Didn't get who Renner is playing though?

Yup, The Avengers will be next year.  The superhero roll call so far is:

Chris Evans - Captain America
Chris Hemsworth - Thor
RDJ - Iron Man
Samuel L. Jackson - Nick Fury
Scarlet Johanssen - Black Widow

Mark Ruffalo - Bruce Banner/The Hulk:  Norton was replaced due to being difficult to work with on The Incredible Hulk; great actor, but he often, quite pretentiously, rewrites the script as he sees fit, and Marvel Studios/Paramount are more about team players.  Also, Ruffalo will be performing all the Hulk motion capture himself.

Jeremy Renner - He was a late, surprise addition just before the project was announced last year, and will be playing Hawkeye.  He'll have a brief appearance in Thor, and it seems they're using the Ultimates version of the character rather than the purple mask/pirate boots old school version.

askani-son wrote:

I've never liked Cap, even when I was a kid...I always hated the boy scout attitude, the villians, and especially those lame little wings (I had the same issue with Namor too). As I grew up and my casual interest in comics turned to obsession I started learning everyones backstories, both fictional and real world, and I began to have a respect and admiration for the character. Hell, I even found myself rooting for him during the whole "Civil War" event where he and half of the Marvel Universe both good and bad went up against Tony Stark's ego and the other half....but I never liked the man. That being said, I can't wait for this movie. I know I won't like it. I know that, just like any other comic book movie, I will pick it apart. But I will still go see it and give it support because, after all, he is one of the classics that gave birth to the fantasy world my mind oft resides in...and without the Cap there would be no Avengers, and Joss Whedon is directing that!

(And yes, I do know that Cap was NOT in the original Avengers line up and didn't join them until issue #4 but, as they've often stated, he is the heart and soul of the team.)

So I've just seen the trailer...honestly, this looks a lot better than I had expected but all of the above still holds true. Unfortunately, I also just saw the X-Men: First Class trailer, which pretty much loocks like a giant steaming load of mushy fecal waste.

LoudLon wrote:
Ghostseeker wrote:

Yup, The Avengers will be next year.  The superhero roll call so far is:

Chris Evans - Captain America
Chris Hemsworth - Thor
RDJ - Iron Man
Samuel L. Jackson - Nick Fury
Scarlet Johanssen - Black Widow

Mark Ruffalo - Bruce Banner/The Hulk:  Norton was replaced due to being difficult to work with on The Incredible Hulk; great actor, but he often, quite pretentiously, rewrites the script as he sees fit, and Marvel Studios/Paramount are more about team players.  Also, Ruffalo will be performing all the Hulk motion capture himself.

Jeremy Renner - He was a late, surprise addition just before the project was announced last year, and will be playing Hawkeye.  He'll have a brief appearance in Thor, and it seems they're using the Ultimates version of the character rather than the purple mask/pirate boots old school version.

Thanks for the info.  Sounds good.

askani-son wrote:

So I've just seen the trailer...honestly, this looks a lot better than I had expected but all of the above still holds true. Unfortunately, I also just saw the X-Men: First Class trailer, which pretty much loocks like a giant steaming load of mushy fecal waste.

Yeah, I have no interest in X-Men: First Class.  The only thing even slightly appealing about it to me is Michael Fassbender as a younger Magneto.  Other than that, pffft.

As for Captain America, all those who have seen footage (particularly the twenty minutes shown at CinemaCon a few days ago) are raving about it.  I think it may surprise you.

^First Class has January Jones playing Emma Frost and I knew her in high school. They also have Havoc in it and he has always been on of my favorite X-characters - unfortunately neither if them should have anything to do with young Xavier or Magneto, leaving Kevin Bacon playing Sebastion Shaw as the only selling point for me...oh wait, he really shouldn't be there either. Damn it.

Wow, you went to high school with January Jones? 

Y'know, I ask that out of genuine curiosity but if I'm honest I'm aware of who she is, but I've never seen anything she's been in. hmm

so far from the trailer of it im not impressed or do i care to watch it

About damn time.  Finally, some new stuff on CA:TFA in the form of a couple just-released TV spots featuring new footage:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvV2yfLT … r_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JE4rX3vf … r_embedded

Last edited by LoudLon (2011-06-01 21:16:09)