Re: HM [Now Virtual, Maybe] HorrorFest 2011

yeah thinking about it now, justin.tv not such a good idea.........copyright is going to be a problem hmm

OK, for some reason I can't created a poll.  Some error about "number of days and responses can't exceed...."  I tried putting it down to 1 day and 1 response, so ya got me.

Someone else can try.
*Real meet on east coast, midwest-ish
*Virtual meet with real-time video/voice
*Virtual meet with real-time chat
*Coordinated reviews put here, some other dedicated site
*Something else (details please)

I'm going with Coordinated reviews put on this site.

Just checked on and haven't seen if there is another Thread with a poll yet.  Problem with a poll is I would vote for a face to face get together first, and a video conference 2nd.  Not sure if that would be an option.  Also, a park in TN was mentioned...sounds interesting, lets not ignore that.

doc_notter wrote:

as a matter of fact a certain music park comes to mind i can get for free, buddies of mine.

^  I'd be interested in knowing more abut this.

me, too

actually where i live we could do it many different places with no  worries with the law.  Very rural community, http://www.wix.com/hartsfieldmusicpark/hmp is the site for the music park, but even if that didn't work there are many other places, bonfires, and huge parties are pretty common here, a organized group would be easy to set up here.

^^
MapQuest says 14 hours driving for me.  If I can Vampy to switch off with me, doable.  About the law thing, I would request any serious violations of the law were done out of my view, please.  The last goat fleeced me for a good $45K.  (Oh, I'm so wittyalicious)

azathoth wrote:

^^
MapQuest says 14 hours driving for me.  If I can Vampy to switch off with me, doable.  About the law thing, I would request any serious violations of the law were done out of my view, please.  The last goat fleeced me for a good $45K.  (Oh, I'm so wittyalicious)

i like the words you come up with hahaha

Me likey to speaky in fancy wordies!
Also, I'm insane and make up words constantly.  You should hear some of the conversation Vampy and I have.....  (sometimes mostly her saying "What the hell are you talking about?!"  And then me saying, "I have no idea, but it sounded good in my head.")

Last edited by azathoth (2011-04-03 15:39:59)

azathoth wrote:
LoudLon wrote:

Just google-mapped it.  I'm about 1000 miles away. hmm

Well, if you drive 200 mph.... lol

Yeah, I'll just call up my buddy Doc Brown and ask if I can borrow his DeLorean. *eye roll*

Anyone read this post?
http://www.horror-movies.ca/Forum/viewt … 73#p509152

Could be an interesting solution as to where & when, with a convention tacked on.

Last edited by azathoth (2011-04-04 00:01:16)

Ok...apparently some of you actually have friends and aren't as into the idea of a meet to camp and watch horror movies, as you could do that anyway.

So...don't want the 2nd choice of watching a movie in a chat (or similar) to go away.  Think it would be really cool to watch a movie as a group, and maybe pause it to discuss it (smart people came up with that, not me).  Something like that. 

I don't even know exactly how this would be done, or what equipment it would take.  I'm sure others here do. 

#1  Should we do this?

#2  How should we proceed? 

#3  Should we do a poll to see who's interested? 

#4  Just forget it?

*Weird Az - we were typing bout this topic at same time.

Last edited by Ghostseeker (2011-04-04 00:02:47)

If we wanted to do a text chat, my site has that capability. If we wanted to do video, then there were some other people who had ideas about video streaming. Seems like video (or voice, for that matter) would work better if there were only a few people, and text would work better if there were more.

I think a poll on the chat option would be good, to see how many people are interested, as that would probably tell us whether it's worth pursuing and what equipment would be best.

I tried putting up a poll, didn't work (at least for me)

So many options, some not as realistic as others.  Why not start with text chat and take it from there?  If enough folks join in, then we can discuss video chats, and eventually a face-to-face get together.  Gotta walk before you can run, right?

Just a thought.

^^
Yeah, there are just a few dozen permutations going on.....

I think it would actually be cool if we got to the point where there was like an annual HM get-together, but the logistics...  I mean, agreeing on a date, a location, transportation.  Would people in neighboring states car-pool?  And what happens when I get there and steal all the wimmenz?  Would the other men be angry?

There are just so many variables...

^  Good point Lon, maybe that's the way to go.  I'm not sure I should start a poll, or run with this, cuz I really don't understand how it would work.  * Edit this was to your one two ago...not that you didn't have good points in your last.  smile

dar - You seem to be knowledgeable on this stuff.  Maybe you could start a poll?

Az - Yeah that conference is def an idea too.  Lucky monkey that it's happenin so close to you.

Last edited by Ghostseeker (2011-04-04 00:40:55)

OK, so I did some poking around the internet (after it said "stop tickling me!", I found a list of some free chat rooms.

http://www.thefreesite.com/Free_Chat_Services/

Anyone use any of these?  Looks like I/you/we can set up a private chat room, and at least one has video capabilities.   

As per LoudLonny's suggestion, we could all load up a movie and chat as we all watch it.  Simple beginning, free, and it gets rid of my headache trying to figure this shit out.  big_smile

The next step, obviously, is to book a flight to the ISS.  Not quite so free,  but I hear the view is spectacular!  lol

Thanks for looking inot this Az.  Thinkin the chat room won't be the problem. I've been on Chatzy before...fairly simple. 

Do we want a video chat?

Do we try to do something so we are streaming a movie so we are all watching it from the same source, at the same time?  Will this cut into our video conference?

- OR -

Do we just watch it on our own and try to start / stop it at the same time?

- OR -

We just chat (no video) about a movie we're watchin.  I'd opt out of this cuz it has nothing that I'm looking to to with other members of HM.

Curious what others think.

Ok...my 2nd choice (after meeting) is to be able to stream a movie so we are all watching it together at same time.  Also, to have our video chat open during this whole time to make comments, or pause and discuss at appropriate times.

This is it.  What I want.  Let me know if it's possible to do this on HM or not...would be hesitant to leave HM to do this...feels kinds disrespectful.  Let me know thoughts

This forum is great, and I don't want to do anything to disrespect it!  smile

Last edited by Ghostseeker (2011-04-04 02:32:41)

Just a bumpity

azathoth wrote:

OK, so I did some poking around the internet (after it said "stop tickling me!", I found a list of some free chat rooms.

http://www.thefreesite.com/Free_Chat_Services/

Anyone use any of these?  Looks like I/you/we can set up a private chat room, and at least one has video capabilities.   

As per LoudLonny's suggestion, we could all load up a movie and chat as we all watch it.  Simple beginning, free, and it gets rid of my headache trying to figure this shit out.  big_smile

The next step, obviously, is to book a flight to the ISS.  Not quite so free,  but I hear the view is spectacular!  lol

Thanks Az.  Can you see if those will do all I want done for a chat from my post above?

Ghostseeker wrote:

Do we want a video chat?

Might be too much bandwidth if we have more than a few people, but would be fun to be able to wave my monkeys at you.  Voice could also be an option, less bandwidth.

Do we try to do something so we are streaming a movie so we are all watching it from the same source, at the same time?  Will this cut into our video conference?

There are films on YouTube that are available.  I don't think everyone has Netflix, so that streaming option is probably out.  I don't want to get into a copyright mess by uploading a film onto a website so everyone can view it.  As for streaming + video/voice, it's going to depend on each person's bandwidth into their house/cave.

Do we just watch it on our own and try to start / stop it at the same time?

This could be an easy option; pick a movie that is not too rare, give enough notice so people can rent/buy it.  With chat/voice/video someone says "start" and let the fun commence.  Say, take a scheduled break every 15, 20, 25 or so minutes so everyone knows when they can pause to do whatever they need to do for a few minutes.

We just chat (no video) about a movie we're watchin.  I'd opt out of this cuz it has nothing that I'm looking to to with other members of HM.

I wouldn't mind setting up, say, a weekly time for everyone to get together just to BS, but it loses that 'fest' feel I was/am/trying to do.

Curious what others think.

Yes, peoples, give us some feedback!

Ghostseeker wrote:

Thanks Az.  Can you see if those will do all I want done for a chat from my post above?

I was planning on checking them out.  A feedback level from those interested would be helpful to determine capabilities/resources needed.

(Jimminity on a stick, I sound like a freakin' CEO....)