Topic: HM Virtual Movie Night Proposal

A few of us are interested in watching horror flix as a group, using something called ventrilo to provide voice and text chat. Please vote in the poll as to whether you'd be interested in doing this, and, if you are, reply with the days of the week that would be best for you.

Re: HM Virtual Movie Night Proposal

Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights are best for me.

With the variety of time zones that could be involved, the weekend is probably best.  Interested parties wouldn't have to worry about staying up late, getting up early and then dealing with work

Good going on getting the poll up dar- I still can't figure out why it doesn't work for me.  :-

that's a resounding yes from me.............and weekends are definitely better.........don't have to get up so early in the morning! lol

Definitely yes, and while any day is good with me I'd imagine the weekends would be the most viable option to have the  most attendees. smile

I will try to make any day work.

I'ld mist deffinately be down but, as I've explained to Az, I would need to get some equipment together...once I do though Thursdays and Saturdays work for me but NOT Fridays (I need that time to yell at the drunks lol)

sat or sun

Hey AsciiDude- do you have an Android phone?

If so, I found this little tidbit-
http://next-century.eu/showthread.php/1 … -phone-!!!

I'm interested, but I work on weekends. No way I would be able to participate.

^^^
Bummer.  Stay tuned to see what happens, though.

Weekends are best.

Friday and Saturday sound good if I don't have any plans. Will we be chatting on Skype or webcamming on ooVoo?

Tripod wrote:

Friday and Saturday sound good if I don't have any plans. Will we be chatting on Skype or webcamming on ooVoo?

From Dar-
"A few of us are interested in watching horror flix as a group, using something called ventrilo to provide voice and text chat. Please vote in the poll as to whether you'd be interested in doing this, and, if you are, reply with the days of the week that would be best for you."

We're going to try to start out small first (call it a test run) to see how everything goes with just voice + chat at first. Simpler, and some folks have said to me that they may not have the equipment and/or bandwidth to do full vid conf. 

Basically, we're flying by the seat of our (on fire) pants here.

Feel free to send us (me, Dar, Ghosty) any (any!!!!!!) ideas to smooth this jabberwockey out.

Tripod wrote:

Friday and Saturday sound good if I don't have any plans.

Well we definitely don't wanna get in the way of any of your plans!  smile

Ghostseeker wrote:
Tripod wrote:

My horde is very efficient at taking plans, ripping them to pieces, and eating them.   Then they scratch puppies' ears.

Ghostseeker wrote:
Tripod wrote:

I just smoke alot of pot, but unless you guys would wanna do that..then..urm never mind! tongue

Tripod wrote:

I just smoke alot of pot, but unless you guys would wanna do that..then..urm never mind! tongue

To each his/her own.  Unless you spend 4 hours just saying "dude, man, I'm so high I can see my wang floating away."  tongue

[edit- unless you get video.  Then we could sell it to the National Enquirer or whatever rag paper for money]

Last edited by azathoth (2011-04-04 15:50:17)

So Thursdays and Saturdays are looking good, with a definite preference for Saturday. If this thing takes off, no reason we couldn't have something on the occasional Thursday for those who can't do weekends. Once we get the vent server, it's there for our use any night--no extra cost.

How does this work?  Am I watching the movie on my computer and there is also a text / chat box?  Or something else?  Curious.

I'm off work for family leave for a while so anything works for me.  I work nights, so once I go back...I'll prob be out for the most part.

Last edited by Ghostseeker (2011-04-04 16:10:39)

You have go to a special liquor store and give the guy behind the counter an egg. He’ll then give you card with a phone number to call after a certain time for further instructions.

Definitely yes.

5 toe tags to whoever can tell me what lame 90’s TV show I referenced in my smart ass answer to GS’s question.

swollenguy wrote:

You have go to a special liquor store and give the guy behind the counter an egg. He’ll then give you card with a phone number to call after a certain time for further instructions.

Not this time Swollen.  I fall for that every week.  Same ending...I end up in the ER getting a gerbil pulled out and stitches put in.  I'm keepin my eggs from now on.

Ghostseeker wrote:
swollenguy wrote:

Not this time Swollen.  I fall for that every week.  Same ending...I end up in the ER getting a gerbil pulled out and stitches put in.  I'm keepin my eggs from now on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ap0JbCAibUQ