Topic: Hm Movie Night Movie Pick

OK, fine, I lied and couldn't stay away.

Looks like we got the the tech idea down (the other thread), and looks like a Saturday night is the preferred day.

So, now we need to pick 1 or 2 movies to watch.  I think someone mentioned Acey's 'Gun Town', as we may be able to get the author's permission (right Acey?), as well as getting him a few more sales of his film.  It's a fairly good film, so that is an option.

We could go to public domain movies.  We could find some movie that is not in the PD but cheap to rent/buy.  (Violate copyright at your own risk, I just got FBI fingerprinted last month.  Oh don't worry, it was so I could work on the local youth theatre show.)

edit- Seems that Doc_Pepper also has the rights to some movies, too.  More options.

So let's see some titles tossed into the ring.  I'd vote for 'Shaitani Dracula' just to listen to all of your jaws drop, but it would be one big MST3K-like fest (see my review if you don't believe me).  Though if everyone wants to go that route, so be it. 

Up to you, my fellow members. And don't forget, if it works out, we can always do it again. big_smile

Last edited by azathoth (2011-04-04 22:47:41)

Re: Hm Movie Night Movie Pick

Gun Town sounds great.

I found a website that lists Public domain movies and I was surprised to find Argento's Deep Red on there.

if we are streaming it by invitation only i wouldn't think copyrights should be a problem.

DirtyGirl wrote:

Gun Town sounds great.

I found a website that lists Public domain movies and I was surprised to find Argento's Deep Red on there.

Could a simple monkey get a link to the website?  Would be interesting to peruse (and Deep Red?  How'd that happen?)

If not public domain,

I would still pick a giallo.  Perhaps...

Deep Red
Suspiria
Tenebrae

Here you go Azz...

http://www.publicdomaintorrents.net/nsh … ovieid=820

Here is the page with all the Horror listed.

http://www.publicdomaintorrents.net/nsh … ory=horror

Last edited by DirtyGirl (2011-04-04 23:42:23)

DirtyGirl wrote:

If not public domain,

I would still pick a giallo.  Perhaps...

Deep Red
Suspiria
Tenebrae

Love it!

Thank you!

Here is another website with more public domain movies...

http://www.filmchest.com/film-chest/sea … rm_action=

A veritable fount of knowledge!

There is no copyright infringement if all we're going to do is watch the same movie from our homes while talking about them online.  That's not public display or illegal copying, and nobody's paying for admission or making money from showing it.

So, technically speaking you could pick any movie you'd like, so long as it's a film which has already been released to home video.  If it hasn't, that means its still in theaters or pending home video release, in which case we'd be watching a bootleg, which is illegal. wink

^^
I was just thinking of people downloading torrents and such.  Don't tell me & I won't ask.

But anyway, let's hear some movie picks!

I'll throw out a few- Gun Town, Deep Red could be interesting, The Beyond, Zombi, Shaitani Dracula (I just love typing that title), Demons, The Church, Tenebrae, The Convent, Evil Dead 1/2/3, Event Horizon.

azathoth wrote:

^^
I was just thinking of people downloading torrents and such.  Don't tell me & I won't ask.

But anyway, let's hear some movie picks!

I'll throw out a few- Gun Town, Deep Red could be interesting, The Beyond, Zombi, Shaitani Dracula (I just love typing that title), Demons, The Church, Tenebrae, The Convent, Evil Dead 1/2/3, Event Horizon.

I like The beyond or Demons...

City of the Living Dead
Dead Alive-Just because the comments would be great
Maniac

Dead Alive just gave me the idea for 'Bad Taste'!  That one has a ton of good lines; plus it blows up a sheep.

Az...you are funny dude.

Ghostseeker wrote:

Az...you are funny dude.

You should see my Thursday show. lol

Let's see some more suggestions!

Last edited by azathoth (2011-04-05 00:50:29)

shietan
night of the living dead
trick or treat
texas chainsaw massacre
and of course guntown

I have no suggestions, lots of good movies already suggested.  I will strongly encourage us NOT to watch Shaitani Dracula though.

I like Dirty's idea.

Ghostseeker wrote:

I will strongly encourage us NOT to watch Shaitani Dracula though.

Do you think I really hate you all that much that I would actually run that one?! smile

I'm thinking that Dead Alive might be a good one.  All kinds of weirdness and funnies.  (Bonus- it's all caused by a demon monkey thing!)

Last edited by azathoth (2011-04-05 01:21:00)

I dunno man, I think I really need to see it...

askani-son wrote:

I dunno man, I think I really need to see it...

Check the reviews here.  I think you will like.

[edit- This dude is really starting to freak me out.]
<<----

Last edited by azathoth (2011-04-05 01:30:34)

It's freakin me out more.  It's starin at me.

Ghostseeker wrote:

It's freakin me out more.  It's starin at me.

I think it likes you.

edit- more movie opinions!  Or that thing will eat you!

Last edited by azathoth (2011-04-05 01:36:13)

Rec 2 - Haven't seen it yet.

^^^
Nor have I.  Wouldn't mind doing it.