Re: HM Virtual Movie Night Proposal

azathoth wrote:

Hey AsciiDude- do you have an Android phone?

If so, I found this little tidbit-
http://next-century.eu/showthread.php/1 … -phone-!!!

Thanks Az, I downloaded something called Ventriloid to my phone...don't know if it'll work, but now I know there are at least a few apps out there. smile

Yes, I can give you a free digital copy of "The Sky Has Fallen", "Zenith", "Puzzled", or anything I have produced. I also own the rights to a few Asian films I was not directly involved with. But I assume you meant someone else.

But what do I know?

Speaking of derailed, I saw "Source Code" tonight. Skip it. Watch Duncan Jones "Moon" instead or "Primer".... a far superior time travel film.

If we could get an exclusive, that'd be very cool!

I'd be available any Thursday night, Saturday night, or Sunday anytime to try out the server.

Last edited by dar (2011-04-05 11:56:44)

only have to get everyone to get vent, the server has been used by me and others many times, just need to get everyone set up.

http://www.ventrilo.com/download.php

Is where to download

^  I'm already lost.  How do I know which one to pick?

client programs
then pick your os if you are running reg its 32 bit, 64 bit or mac

Last edited by doc_notter (2011-04-05 16:04:22)

I got it installed (hmmph, no Mac 64b version!)

doc_notter wrote:

client programs
then pick your os if you are running reg its 32 bit, 64 bit or mac

I'm afraid to ask this...but how do I know what I'm running?

Do you have a "Start" button on the bottom left of your screen?  If so, you have Windows.  I think if you click on the "Start" button a menu pops up and somewhere it says if you're running Windows XP, Windows Vista, or Windows 7.  And you can just use the 32 bit versions of the Vent software, it won't hurt your computer.

Ok...done.  Thanks for the help.  It says I need this following stuff to use it:

Server information needed in advance.

1: The name of the server. This can be anything you want.
2: The servers hostname or IP address.
3: The servers port number.
4: The servers password (if required).

----------------------------------------------------------

Do I need this?  Care bout it?  Sorry my lack of computer knowledge is hogging this Thread.

Last edited by Ghostseeker (2011-04-05 17:35:56)

Ghostseeker wrote:

Ok...done.  Thanks for the help.  It says I need this following stuff to use it:

Do I need this?  Care bout it?  Sorry my lack of computer knowledge is hogging this Thread.

Yes, eventually you will need the above info.  Doc will get us the info before hand.  No need to worry about it now, it's still going to be a while before we attempt this.  But I'll make sure the info is out there at least a few days before so everyone can test the connection.

Just wanted to make sure I didn't Ef something up already.  Thanks for the help dude!  smile

Ghostseeker wrote:

Just wanted to make sure I didn't Ef something up already.  Thanks for the help dude!  smile

Hey your getting answers i am sure others will need.

you should know though we are watching 16 episoids of 90210

swollenguy wrote:

In slo-mo.

swollenguy wrote:
Ghostseeker wrote:

Hey your getting answers i am sure others will need.

Awesome!  As long as we're not watching them for some quote you say is in there and isn't!  smile

I'm installed and ready to go, too.

azathoth wrote:
Ghostseeker wrote:

Yes, eventually you will need the above info.  Doc will get us the info before hand.  No need to worry about it now, it's still going to be a while before we attempt this.  But I'll make sure the info is out there at least a few days before so everyone can test the connection.

Sweet, that's pretty much exactly what Ventriloid is asking for on my phone too...I'm still pretty skeptical that this will work out for me via "smart" phone, but I'm gonna give 'er a try!

Okay, so, for those of us who are too lazy to scroll back through all three pages, where are we with this?

We're gounna do it, and the thing we're gounna do it on is linked at the 55 post of this Thread.

We don't know when yet, although it's coming together pretty good so hopefully within a few weeks, if not sooner.

We don't know what movie yet, but there is a Thread for that.

Gotcha.  Thanks a bunch!

Here is also a list of Public Domain horror films. Many of which ALL true horror fans should watch at least once. Films like Nosferatu, White Zombie, or the Cabinet of Dr.Caligiari.

Check it out  http://steve-calvert.co.uk/pub-dom/pub-dom.htm

Those are good choices, though people should be aware that public-domain versions are often un-restored or otherwise not quite up to par with the ones you can get on dvd. And they're all worth owning!

Bumpity-

Az does not fail

Good, az! I'm ready and waiting!