Topic: Taking Steps Forward!

The sickfucker is posting to tll my buds at HM.ca that he is blowing up and taking some major steps in the film industry. I know I don't post much anymore mostly because I'm so darn busy doing film work and projects for school. I will tell you last term, I my final project was a promo video. So I called the local Italian Restaurant and asked if I can possible make a promo video for them. After a few days went by, I got a call two days before the project was due telling me that they would be more then happy to let me film their restaurant.

So in the meantime, scared that I wouldn't make the deadline, I went off and made a simple promo video so I' have something to turn in. After I got the phone call, I went in and made a promo video the day before the project was due, filmed and edited it the same day. Got on DVD the day it was due and handed it in. The video turned out to be just over four minutes because I had so much footage (enough to make a documentary) and plus had this beautiful Italian music that I randomly found. My instructor and my master mentors John Russo and Russ Streiner loved it. They absolutely loved it and got me a 100% on the project.

The same day, I ran a copy of the DVD to the restaurant and I got a e-mail from my school telling me that Luigi's was so impressed with the video that they wanted me back to do another and make it better for pay. I was like "Oh Hell Yeah" so I went back two night ago filmed some more scenes on a busy Wednesday night and got some interviews in with some customers. It was a great shoot and I was very proud of it. I got a phone call about half way though the shoot and it was the owner of Luigi's telling me he was at a town meeting and the Penn State wanted my video for the "Our Town" presentation this summer, plus he's been getting people from all over asking who made that video. So I gave him permission to hand out my information to anybody who wanted it.

Then last night, I'm playing Nazi Zombies and having fun and I get a phone call from another business in Ridgeway, PA and they want to expend to more people and have a video to describe what exactly they want to do. I proudly said yes and I would love to do your video. So tonday at noon, I have a meeting with this business to discuss what it is that they want me to do and how much I would charge. So I'm doing that now and I'm going to let you guys know how it turns out smile Wish me Luck Yo!

BTW here's my video for Luigi's http://www.luigisristorante.com/ it's actually on their website!!!

Re: Taking Steps Forward!

Well done SF and good luck for today.

Awesome stuff!! That's awesome! Good luck sick...dude tongue
Hope things keep going this way for you, forward that is smile

That was pretty sweet!

Congrats on all your recent success and good luck for all your future endeavors.

Cool video!  Congrats on all your success!

Alright SF!  You a Penn Stater, too?

Very cool! sounds like your working hard and its paying off.

Oh yes, I'm not going to Penn State but they do want my video for the "Our Town" presentation this summer and besides that, I got the job today and my payment is between 150 and 250 dollars for my work. It's not a cool job but it is practice so I can't wait to see how that turns out. smile

Thats cool Sickfuck. At least it's keepin ya outta trouble... keep on keepin on man.