Re: Hm Movie Night Movie Pick

DirtyGirl wrote:

If not public domain,

I would still pick a giallo.  Perhaps...

Deep Red
Suspiria
Tenebrae

Any of those sound great.

I also vote GUN TOWN. I haven't seen Ace's film yet, and I'd like to check er' out.

swollenguy wrote:
azathoth wrote:

Here we go:

4 votes-  Gun Town, Rec 2
3 votes- Dead Alive, Tenebrae
2 votes- Deep Red, Demons, Evila Dead, Suspiria, The Beyond
bunch of 1 votes

Hey what about "Lust in the dust"?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mtrv1jmFyeo

1st, it was included in the "bunch of 1 votes."    2nd, I've seen that film, and it is just silly.  Especially since a lot of the 'lust in the dust' involves a rather unattractive woman.

Looking like Rec 2 and/or Gun Town.  Could always do a double-header; people can drop out whenever they want.  It's not like you're going to be graded!

If you're looking for a tie breaker I'ld say Gun Town...just puttin' in my loud opinion big_smile

I'm fine with either.

im down for either

Since I haven't seen Rec 2, I'd do that as the primary, with Gun Town as the secondary/backup.

Hmm... Rec 2 doesn't look widely available.  I'll keep looking...

Keep in mind that ace has not yet given us the permissions to play guntown, out of respect for a member/filmmaker I wouldn't do it without it.

We're all bout respect here.  Fersur.  We want to keep this all on the up and up.

doc_notter wrote:

Keep in mind that ace has not yet given us the permissions to play guntown, out of respect for a member/filmmaker I wouldn't do it without it.

Great point...my bad, wasn't thinkin' about it from that side of things.

I don't think Acey would mind, but I would definitely ask him first.  Wonder if he would gives us a group discount purchase price?  (I already have it, don't know how many others do)

I sent an email to Acey asking for permission to use his film.

Ace emailed me back.  He's fine with us using Gun Town if we want to.  He also dropped the price on it to $7.

Another bumpity

I would rather give our respect and possibly cash for people that like it to a fellow member, and thx Ace, a class act.