Topic: The Killing - AMC

Anyone see this premier?  Any good?  Meant to tape it but didn't.

Re: The Killing - AMC

Saw it.  Pretty good.  Really liked it.

Hope there is finality at the end of the season, and that it doesn't just try to suck you in for another season with no conclusion.

Specially cool AMC is in HD which I just found out.  Anyone else that saw this show would be curious what you think.

I was dying to see this, but then was out Sunday night when it premiered and for some reason my DVR is screwing up -- it hasn't recorded either of the two times I've tried to record the first episode.

Hoping they replay it again before Episode 2 tomorrow night.  sad

For those who have Comcast 'smartboxes', Killing is OnDemand.

Wasn't bad, pretty good story line

Havent heard of it...whats the premise?

The Killing stars Mireille Enos (Big Love) as Sarah Linden, the lead homicide detective that investigates the death of Rosie Larsen; Billy Campbell (Once and Again) as Darren Richmond, Seattle's City Council President and now running for Mayor; Joel Kinnaman (Snabba Cash) as Stephen Holder, an ex-narc cop who joins the homicide division in the investigation to find Rosie's killer; Michelle Forbes (True Blood) as Rosie's mother, Mitch Larsen; and Brent Sexton (W., In the Valley of Elah) as Rosie's father, Stan Larsen. The pilot is directed by Patty Jenkins (Monster).

Sounds like the premise is going to be 3 different perspectives on the murder of a teen.  The police, the family and politically.  Of course this will be as they try to solve it.

Gettin better each week so far.  Good show.

I read:

The Killing AMC as in Killing All My Children.

LOL!

Still pisses me off that they canceled that and One Life To Live. I've been watching those soaps pretty much my whole life. sad

Anywho, carry on.

big_smile

I've only seen commercials.  Seems like it has a Twin Peaks kind of vibe, especially with the "Who killed Rosie Larsen?" TV spots.  I'll check it out one of these days, I'm sure.

That's funny Lon!  My wife loved Twin Peaks and said that she was reminded of Twin Peaks when seeing The Killing. 

I actually don't think I've ever seen Twin Peaks.  I have also noticed there are people here who compare Twin Peaks to some of the Wonders of the World...therefore I didn't even dare write about the comparison!  Thought I would get sniped or sacrificed or something!  big_smile

Last edited by Ghostseeker (2011-04-25 16:01:22)

This is gettin really good.

Ghostseeker wrote:

I actually don't think I've ever seen Twin Peaks.  I have also noticed there are people here who compare Twin Peaks to some of the Wonders of the World...therefore I didn't even dare write about the comparison!  Thought I would get sniped or sacrificed or something!  big_smile

I never watched Twin Peaks when it originally aired.  I was too busy in the Army at the time, doing Army things.  But I got my hands on the entirety of the show's full two-season run a few months back and, honestly, while I LOVED the first season, the second season is mostly tripe.  I totally understand why it never saw a third season.  It left a lot of loose ends -- a LOT of loose ends -- that the follow-up movie Fire Walk With Me didn't even bother to address. 

But that first season -- fantastic.

Last edited by LoudLon (2011-05-03 00:46:48)

yes i watched and it's fantastic to watch.

Wow...this show got really good.  I saw last weeks episode last night.  The ending was crazy.  Tonight is the season finale and it is supposed to be surprising. 

I am not spoiling here, cuz this is a guess before hand, but I am suspecting the blond assistant campaign guy may have something to do with this.  Total guess, and may be way off, but I am not sold on it being who the show was pointing at in the last episode. 

I just hope there is an ending tonight, and if there is another season it isn't just a total continuation of the original story.  If it is, I will freak out and destroy all who come before me (ok...a bit dramatic, but you know what I mean. big_smile).

Last edited by Ghostseeker (2011-06-19 17:03:26)

Bam!  112 TTs to Ghosty because he has Scooby Snacks.

^ You are giving away a lot of TT AZ.  Are you suicidal?  Thanks for them.

Well...gotta say I'm disappointed with the final show of the season.  They have me wanting to know what's gounna happen next though.

87 TTs to Ghosty for questioning my sanity!

Ok...I realize me and some dude in Omaha are the only two people watching this show, and I really wasn't looking forward to the second season...

However, the season premiere was pretty darn good.  The show has peaked my interest, and it was surprising to see that last season's finale wasn't as it was presented.

I know we're grieving there being no Walking Dead (I'm with ya), but you could do worse than this show if you're looking for something.

P.S.  Az is still coo koo.  smile

Bam!  1000 TTs to Ghosty for calling me cool!
Though I should get around to watching this one of these days.

Once again I realize no one other than me on this planet is watching this show.  I really just want it to end.

However, it has gotten really good, and I want to see where it goes.  Very suspenseful.  You really need to see them all to appreciate the last few episodes, but if you can easily get them, it is worth it IMHO.  smile  Two more left...hope in the series, not just season, but not sure on that.

I have bee watching and enjoying it myself, and i agree with ghost, want to see the last 2 episodes to finish it off.

So its finally done.  Interesting ending that I didn't expect.  This show had a lot of good things about it.  Just kinda didn't hit on all cylinders.  It was very intelligent though, and really realistic relatively speaking to other shows.

I watched the first couple the other day but didn't get round to finishing it cause I'm watching a few others at the same time. So far I'm enjoying it. Slower pace than the usual "whodunnits". Does have a more realistic vibe. Very good show.