Topic: Day of the Dead Remake

I've got a question about this upcoming remake.  Is it true that they might use George Romero's original Day of the Dead script for the remake?  That is something I have heard, but I dont know whether or not to believe it.  If this were to be true, then I could actually end up being excited for this one.

Re: Day of the Dead Remake

Nope, false. One of the stars of the film actually released the basic plot on his blog. I can't remember the name of it, but if you google DOTD remake I'm sure you'll find it.

Damn.  I would have loved to have seen Romero's original script used.  I found it online *will go hunting for it* and I read bits and pieces of it and it rocks.  If he had the money it would have probably been teh most epic ever made.

Thats what a lot of people are saying.  If they were to use George Romero's original Day of the Dead script for the remake they could save a lot of money.  A lot of the stuff that Romero intended to do back in the 80's would probrably cost less here in 2006.  I remember reading the whole unused script and being absolutely blown away.  I cant remember where I found it, but I think this site might have it:

www.horrorlair.com

Last edited by TiM the Zombie (2006-09-24 00:32:41)

The movie is supposed to center around a town, in the U.S. i believe, that has become plague by the living dead. While a small group of the town's surviving residents try to escape the hellish town they happen to run into a military unit run none other than captain Rhodes. Conflict between the civilians and soldiers begins to break out as they attempt to survive the nightmare they are currently living through....

...and that would be the basic plot of the Day remake. According to one of the actors that is. I doubt that a person whose starring in the movie would forget would the movie was about, so I guess thats what we should expect to see on the big screen. I don't have much faith for this movie, but like the Dawn remake I'm sure it will provide some entertainment for us zombie buffs. Who knows, maybe this will turn out to be one of the better remakes with some actual dialogue. Guess we'll just have to wait and find out.

yes, a revival. it probably wont be award winning stuff, but it will still be interesting and ofcourse full of action and all that good stuff. ecspecially if Ving Rhames, a good actor is playing captain Rhodes

The plot...*shrugs shoulders*  I think they should have gone with Romero's screenplay.  Heck they bought the rights to the movie why not include the original draft?

Yeah, the website you had was right TiM.  And the early draft too.  Here's a more direct link.

http://www.horrorlair.com/scripts/dayofthedead.txt

Heh.. I mentioned in one of the Day of the Dead threads on here that I wish they used George Romeros original script.. Sorry if I caused any kind of confusion over the matter. But I'm going into this movie with VERY low expectations. Especially after seeing how shitty the zombies look..

Same here Goon As soon as i heard the folks behind Day of the Dead 2 & creepshow 3 where in on this i lost all hope i might have had for this remake.

Last edited by Norrock The Zombie Eater (2006-09-24 11:26:33)

It struck me as recent news that they might be using Romero's original Day of the Dead script for the remake.  I guess it was just a rumor.  I would have really liked to see Romero's original intentions come to the big screen for everyone to see.  Give or take, it wouldnt be the same without Romero, it would still probrably be more enjoyable than a "made up" script.

I, like many more, are not looking foward to this one.  I mean Nick Cannon?  Come on... The zombies look like shit and the plot outline really doesnt fascinate me like the original Day of the Dead did.  Yay for another shitty remake.  I hope I'm wrong.

Yea same here I really want another Dawn of the Dead 04 here.. Something that will shock me.. But I don't think thats going to happen. For one I think recasting Ving Rhames was a bad move.. Hes a good actor but I just don't see him pulling off a believeable Capt. Rhodes.. Rhodes is a dick in the movie.. Not a bad ass.. I'm afraid thats the route they are going to take with this movie..

Definatly agree with that Goon.  I can't picture Rhames as a dick...only as a badass.

Plus, there is the possiblity that people would get confused over his casting.  I bet there will be more than one thread on various forums asking where the other mall surivors are and how he ended up getting into the military.

thegoldensimatar wrote:

Plus, there is the possiblity that people would get confused over his casting.  I bet there will be more than one thread on various forums asking where the other mall surivors are and how he ended up getting into the military.

Heh.. yea that was the main point I was gonna make but I got sidetracked with my other point.. I mean hes a great actor but don't pull him into another movie with a different role. It would have been cool if he played the same character but now that he is Rhodes alot of people are going to be confused..