Topic: HM Movie Night Movie Decision

Due to popular demand, honoring one of our own, and my own damned choice ( tongue ), we're going to do AceofSpades Gun Town for our first trial run of movie night!

Acey has given us permission and dropped his price.

I've seen it and own it, and it's pretty good for the $6.83 and bubble gum Acey had to make it.  Seriously, it's better than most DIY horror flicks I've seen.

So we have the audio/chat mechanism due to Doc, we have our movie choice, so now we just need to:

1) Get everyone set up technically to be able to do it.
2) Get everyone a copy of the film.
3) Get a date to do the event.

So, if you need help get the Ventrilo software set up, post a note and either I or Doc with help.

Obtaining the film is your deal.

Let's give us a month to get everything set up and let everyone plan.  It seems a Saturday is the best day for most people (sorry for those who have to work.  Hey Doc, does vent allow recordings of the session?  A podcast would be neat for those who can't attend). 

It would be nice if someone could figure out how to record the session if they have any experience with this kind of thing; i.e. I don't.

I'm thinking start time of somewhere between 10PM-1AM US Eastern time.  It would cover North America fairly well, wouldn't be too hard on the UK folks (if you can get up early), and the Aussies are about 10 hours different(?).  Throw out your time opinions (remember to adjust to US Eastern so I don't have to look up every time zone difference please).

We're getting closer for those who care.  All 4.3 of you.  tongue

Re: HM Movie Night Movie Decision

vent does allow recording, not sure of the format, will look it up though.

Kind of interesting how it records, never messed with it before, it actually records every time you key up separately, you can export out but not sure how well it will work, gonna see if i can find another program to record it from, I'll keep you posted.

just checked the time difference and we're about five hours ahead of you......so that would make it about 3am here!! lol    it's ok though.........i'm a night owl anyway! wink

i'll get my copy of Gun Town ordered on friday......it might take a while to get here.

for us technically incompetent..........could you be a little more specific about what software we need?  is it mac compatible??

http://www.ventrilo.com/dlprod.php?id=2

mac version

http://www.ventrilo.com/dlprod.php?id=1               windows 32 bit

http://www.ventrilo.com/dlprod.php?id=4               windows 64 bit

doc_notter wrote:

http://www.ventrilo.com/dlprod.php?id=2

mac version

cheers!  all installed and ready to go! big_smile

twistedsista wrote:

just checked the time difference and we're about five hours ahead of you......so that would make it about 3am here!! l?

If we start at say midnight US Eastern, that would be 5AM for you, 7PM for US Pacific, and roughly 10AM for the Aussies.  (I'm not sure about Canada since they run on Martian time tongue )  Not perfect, since you guys and gals are all over the world.

Hey Doc, I never asked, what time zone are you in?  Probably would be a good idea to make it convenient to our tech guy.  smile

Last edited by azathoth (2011-04-11 04:03:46)

azathoth wrote:
twistedsista wrote:

just checked the time difference and we're about five hours ahead of you......so that would make it about 3am here!! l?

If we start at say midnight US Eastern, that would be 5AM for you, 7PM for US Pacific, and roughly 10AM for the Aussies.  (I'm not sure about Canada since they run on Martian time tongue )  Not perfect, since you guys and gals are all over the world.

Hey Doc, I never asked, what time zone are you in?  Probably would be a good idea to make it convenient to our tech guy.  smile

yes we do but some of us also call is Eastern time tongue hahaha

JJ wrote:

yes we do but some of us also call is Eastern time tongue hahaha

You catch it before I realized I had "Easter" time?  lol
Sir, at HM we set our clocks to the Easter Bunny!

Bump bump

I'm in central time zone, but that shouldn't be to much of an issue, i rarely sleep, single dad of a 2 year old, lol

Last edited by doc_notter (2011-04-11 14:00:56)

I'm central, and it works for me.

Doin' my bump thing

Dicks!  Gonna make me have to buy a movie.  If you had any idea how cheap I am...

I'm central and it works for me.

Confused though.  So I gotta get a hard copy of the movie?  Se we all watch it separately at the same time?  What is ventrilo for?  To talk about it?  Can someone just explain how this will work.  Where do I get the movie from?

I am NOT complaining!  I am looking forward to this, I just DON'T understand how this works.

Thanks!  smile

Confusion demystifying engaged-

Ventrilo (download here) is a free program that let's people do audio and text chat in real time.  Yes, you will have to get a hard copy of Gun Town from here.  

I can't stop anyone from sharing a copy of the movie, but Acey is one of our own.

twistedsista wrote:

just checked the time difference and we're about five hours ahead of you......so that would make it about 3am here!! lol    it's ok though.........i'm a night owl anyway! wink

Whats this thread about... I bought Aces movie from himself, I never said this before but dont get that brunette chic to be in another of your movies... she could suck the chiss out of a donkey 5 yards away. She wasn't acting she was being herself trying to be a movie star. She has to be the worst actress I ever saw in a indie. She cant act and please tell her to her face for me. Thanks
But I loved your flick no matter how bad she was but i wish she didn't go with them at the beginning.

I dont know but twisted what said made me horny tongue

I'm in....assuming that the Ventriloid app for my phone works like it's supposed to.
You are gonna get back to us with all the log in stuff we need later, correct?

Edit: we all know I'm talking about the movie night, right? Not whatever rant Demons on tonight... big_smile

Last edited by askani-son (2011-04-12 02:06:56)

I will give the info a bit before hand and let you have times to try everything out before hand, so that we are as problem free as possible.

sounds good to me, still a little sketched about how this will play out through an android phone, but it's got to work better than palringo.

askani-son wrote:

we all know I'm talking about the movie night, right? Not whatever rant Demons on tonight... big_smile

Hey I'm game im game Im an android tongue fully functional/

Big ups to the Doc man.

I/we are giving some time for people to get ready. 

With Doc's OK, I think Doc and I should run a mini-test a few days before with a couple of people just trying out the chat and audio to make sure it works.

Don't worry folks, we'll try to nail it down and invite those who want a tryout of their setup to, well, try it out.  Last thing we want is a 2 hour holdup of last second troubleshooting on the actual movie night.

Is all that ^^^^ OK with you Doc?

That was the plan, we should schedule at least 2 test runs, to make sure people get all the kinks worked out, 1 maybe a week before, and a second around 2 days before, but as long as you don't have a weird sound card shouldn't really be an issue.

I'm available for a test run this weekend. PM or post the info if you need my help.