Re: HM Movie Night Movie Decision

I am up to help. have the dvd and tech savvy.

Should I get a camera?  Or are we just typing in a box?  This is what I'm talking about when I write I don't know how this works.

Ghostseeker wrote:

Should I get a camera?  Or are we just typing in a box?  This is what I'm talking about when I write I don't know how this works.

Get a camera, I am going to buy the domain: ghoatseseeker.com. we’re going make some money and you my friend are going to be a STAR!

swollenguy wrote:
Ghostseeker wrote:

Get a camera, I am going to buy the domain: ghoatseseeker.com. we’re going make some money and you my friend are going to be a STAR!

What the hell is a ghoatseseeker?!?!?!?  lol

do a yahoo image search for "goatse"

http://i54.tinypic.com/2djazhk.jpg

Ok...not sure how you'll make money on this.

Az - Don't get pissed.  We're still on track.  I had to respond to Swollen.  smile

I bought the movie and will get a camera.  I think?  Guess I'm still not sure if we'd use one.  Can someone pleez tell me if anyone is using a camera for this thing?

Last edited by Ghostseeker (2011-04-12 12:27:37)

Ventrilo is voice and text chat only, no camera's, some members wouldn't have the bandwidth to use a camera.

^  Thanks doc!

Just a mic and speakers/headphones for now.  Video adds an order of magnitude of problems- maybe later, but then again who wants to see my mug anyway?

Anyone know of a good headset that has a mic & headphones that are computer compatible?  Preferably not very expensive.

[edit- nevermind, I bought this for $5.  Had 1 (good) review, so we'll see.]

Last edited by azathoth (2011-04-12 13:35:21)

Do the interested parties want to give the Vent audio/chat a try this Saturday (the 16th)?  No movie or anything, just to see if we can get it working correctly and to solve problems.

Throw out a (US Eastern, for syncho) time you'd like.

Yes.  Later evening / early night at the earliest for me.  Or I'd be out.

I can.

YES....(hate having new toys on my phone and not knowing if they work or not)
Anytime after 4 eastern.

yeah, we can, should be around 8 or 9 central time, will get back Friday or Saturday early afternoon, with the info, and a definite time.

doc_notter wrote:

yeah, we can, should be around 8 or 9 central time, will get back Friday or Saturday early afternoon, with the info, and a definite time.

Excellent.  You bring the tech, I'll bring the cheese.  big_smile

I want cheese

Smoked gouda OK?

i can live with that.

Back to serious-
(yeah, right)

Any others who want to try this test out keep watching. Feel free to ask questions.

When I get some solid date/time info from Doc I'll keep bumping this thread. 

When we get the actual event nailed down, I'll try to beg Meh to let me post an announcement on the front page.

Bumpy time
2 days till test.....

Yeah, I'm annoying this way

What way?

Ghostseeker wrote:

What way?

By bumping my own stuff to keep its awareness until it happens.  I.e.-  in this case keep reminding people about our upcoming voice/chat test.  I'm invested in this so I'm selfishly popping up my threads. 

Therefore, I'm annoying. smile

Is Ventrilo better than Skype or Chatzy?  Why did we go with Ventrilo?  Seems like there are more common ones that do the same thing?  Totally just curious here.   Don't get all pissy (like Az when you don't peel his banana).  smile

I think our reasoning was that Doc could get us a dedicated Vent server.  We'll see how it works out Saturday.  Got to start somewhere.