Re: HM Movie Night Movie Decision

Ok...just curious if there were advantages.  No worries...it'll work out.

Forgot to mention some people can't handle a video feed.  AsciiBoy, for example, is going to be doing this on his cellphone, believe it or not.  I never got around to investigating the other, free, audio/chat options, so one of them may be better.

Just send the information. I'll be around tomorrow night to do the test.

Keep tuned.  I'll make sure the info gets out when Doc gets it.

LOL AZ, i have had the info the whole time, was just making sure the others that used it, know what what going on before i posted it, so they wouldn't freak out.

And without further ado, the info is
We will be using the very bottom room, raid 2
name, don't matter a bit, whatever you want it to be

host or IP 206.217.205.83
port 27642
password alliance

this server is in use, don't try not to log on and clog it up much till movie night please, we will be testing on it Saturday night at 9 central time, i will be on and checking the boards at that time if there is a problem. Try to make your chat name the same as your site name, should help with figuring out who is who some.

doc_notter wrote:

name, don't matter a bit, whatever you want it to be...

Try to make your chat name the same as your site name, should help with figuring out who is who some.

Damn it, man, make up your mind!

^^^^
"You want my name?  You can't handle my name!"

Two opposable thumbs up Doc!

Alright everyone, 9 PM Central US time on April 16 we shall commence a test.

Ef yeah!  Woo Hoo!  We gotter rollin!  Sweet.  Thanks Doc and Az!

*  Edited - A little over zealous in my sleepy state.  smile

Last edited by Ghostseeker (2011-04-16 08:35:38)

LOL, i mean what you name the server don't matter, your chat name does.

Then I shall name the server, "Fluffy."

14 hours till HM's first (?) live audio/chat session!

And since I'm going to be there, you know all the sexy men, women, wolves, elves, monkeys, and (maybe) leprechauns will be there.  Oh yeah!  big_smile

Last edited by azathoth (2011-04-16 07:21:18)

Sorry  I will miss your first night,  I am going to see Scream 4 tonight with my son   smile

DirtyGirl wrote:

Sorry  I will miss your first night,  I am going to see Scream 4 tonight with my son   smile

Don't worry, tonight is only the 1st test.  The actual movie night is still to come!

[Edit:  Please God, Jobu, Cthulhu, Easter Bunny, Max Headroom, let this not be a total cluster-f' tonight]

Last edited by azathoth (2011-04-16 07:30:09)

azathoth wrote:

And since I'm going to be there, you know all the sexy men, women, wolves, elves, monkeys, and (maybe) leprechauns will be there.  Oh yeah!  big_smile

What about ghosts?!?!?!!?  Effin leprechauns before ghosts?

There might be a better / easier way to do this, but I posted the link to the Ventrilo Tutorial below.  I hope this helps me get this set up.

http://www.ventrilo.com/tutorial.php

Ghostseeker wrote:
azathoth wrote:

What about ghosts?!?!?!!?  Effin leprechauns before ghosts?

Sorry about that!

Ghostseeker wrote:

There might be a better / easier way to do this, but I posted the link to the Ventrilo Tutorial below.  I hope this helps me get this set up.

http://www.ventrilo.com/tutorial.php

Good stuff.

Just under 7 hours.

2 hours till test time.

Think I'm in it now?

We are up and running, sort of

Seems to be working with little problems

Alrighty folks, we ran the test and it worked well.  (Except for the really freaky "text to voice" feature in chat.  I do not want to hear a robotic Ghosty again.)

We're going to set up another trial run in a week or 2 for anyone else that wants to try this out.  I found it easy to set up, and Doc has tons of experience with it if you need some help.

Az - If you're around tonight, let me know if you have time to pop into Ventrilo quick.  Got a mic and wanna see how it works.

Ah, crap!  I popped in for about 10 minutes but missed this post.  You'll have to check with Doc when the server is free so we can check.  Or we could do a Skype if you'd like.  I'll even introduce some of my monkey horde.

Let me know.

Just pop in, if it is empty, go to the same channel, raid 2, if anyone asks who you are, just say friend of ag's, and everything should be ok.

Oh, glad you said that Doc.  I have popped in there since our test night just to check some things and didn't thing anything of it.

Az - I'll check with you at some point.  Just for a couple minutes to see how the mic works.  I'm impatient.