Topic: Will Dario Argento continue his "Mother Trilogy"?

Hello!

During an interview with Dario Argento after the release of "La Terza Madre/The Mother of Tears" he stated that it is not impossible that he will continue his infamous "Mother Trilogy".

What do you guys think? Will he make yet a sequel och perhaps a prequel to his trilogy - or is it finished for good?

Re: Will Dario Argento continue his "Mother Trilogy"?

I'd love to see a prequel that establishes the Three Mothers.  A sequel could be OK, but the Mothers' movies have been going down in quality with each film.

Well, the fact that a Trilogy can only be three movies long kind of kills that idea.  Else it would be a Quadrilogy. wink

That said, I'd actually like to see him remake Mother of Tears because I found it hugely disappointing.  We waited 27 years for that???  He can do better than that.  We'll just call that one a practice run.

Last edited by LoudLon (2011-04-19 10:16:33)

azathoth:
Yes! Would be awsome if he made a prequel based on the story about where the three witches came from - that is told in "Suspiria" smile.

LoudLon:
True smile. Though, he has mentioned that he maybe would like to start a new trilogy, but I strongly doubt that he will.

Well, I myself found It quite dissapointing too, it was so far from "Suspiria" and "Inferno" - just felt like a completley diffrent movie. It doesn't really fit into the trilogy in my oppinion - Argento could have done it so much better!

But at the same time I found it kind of exciting and interesting.

Last edited by Robbgl (2011-04-19 10:32:32)

I'm on the fence about Mother of Tears too.

I'd just like to see more supernatural stuff from Argento. Suspiria and Inferno are sacred to me almost as much as Romero's 1st 3 Dead films. I think he should leave them alone.

I would like to see another film. Mother was disappointing and we all know he can do better. A prequel to Suspiria sounds awesome to me.

Last edited by Suspiria_89 (2011-04-19 12:56:52)

I agree MoT was nothing special. It didn't even seem like it was directed by Argento... any director could have pulled that one off... even Alan Smithee could have done it. As good, I don't know, maybe!

Robbgl wrote:

azathoth:
Yes! Would be awsome if he made a prequel based on the story about where the three witches came from - that is told in "Suspiria" smile.

I guess I should have stated it better- show them in a time before Suspiria, back when they were still hanging out together and starting up their havoc.

hey don't slag on Alan Smithee, man!  He's one of my heroes!

him and that Lynyrd Skynyrd guy.  LOL

MoT looked so cheap - the lighting and photography was terrible in comparison to the first 2
and the acting was awful, too.  WTF?!

a few cool set-pieces does not a good film make

Last edited by deadhorse13 (2011-04-20 18:04:36)

ha yeah which one was Lynyrd anyways? lol That Jethro Tull dude sure can make some awesome music.

Exactly, it looked so cheap. It wasn't even close to the other 2. I thought for sure he would have really put some heavy thought into his final baby. Theres no way he will ever do another since its the 3 witches and he finished it in a down note tho.

azatoth: That's what I ment.

I liked Mother of Tears, I will admit I cringed a little at the cheap look it had.

BUT, other than that, I thought the story alone was decent enough, not great but decent.  MoT also didn't seem to take itself too seriously, so I didn't as well. Oh well, to each is own. >.<

Robbgl wrote:

Sorry about that (like 9 months later lol ), completely misread your post.  Me bad!  sad

azathoth wrote:
Robbgl wrote:

Sorry about that (like 9 months later lol ), completely misread your post.  Me bad!  sad

Well it was certainly about time haha, just kiddin tongue, no worries.

On one hand it's an interesting thought and I would like to see Dario make a worthy prequel to the trilogy.

On the other hand, It might be better to not make a prequel focused on the story on how theese three mothers came to be, and simply let the audience picture that story for themselves, and keep all the mysticism in the movies.

What do you think?

Last edited by Robbgl (2011-07-15 16:40:51)

I liked Mother of Tears...I actually liked it better than Inferno. I didn't really miss the fancy lighting and artsy set pieces. Not to say it was wonderful, the womans mother reappearing as a ghost thought the movie was kinda hokie.

Robbgl wrote:
azathoth wrote:
Robbgl wrote:

Well it was certainly about time haha, just kiddin tongue, no worries.

On one hand it's an interesting thought and I would like to see Dario make a worthy prequel to the trilogy.

On the other hand, It might be better to not make a prequel focused on the story on how theese three mothers came to be, and simply let the audience picture that story for themselves, and keep all the mysticism in the movies.

What do you think?

It would depend on how it was approached; I'd like something with atmosphere and some spooky lore.

I would personally love to see him do another film. I think a prequel would be awesome if he would do it right. I loved Suspiria and Inferno. One thing that i have always loved about his films is his use of lighting and the set pieces. I kind of liked Mother of Tears, but i was also very let down by it. Like someone stated above, it took him so long to make the film that i thought for sure it was going to blow my mind. I think i could of had my expectations set to high, and when i do that i generally get let down. Very few films have exceeded my expectations. Well if he does make another film i hope that it blows us away. LONG LIVE HORROR!!!!!!