Topic: CRYPTID - Fundraiser. Become a Producer!

Hello,

I only have 41 days to meet/exceed my goal on Kickstarter to fund CRYPTID, a low budget B-horror movie. Please help me spread the word on this project. Paste the link below on your Facebook page, Twitter account, MySpace page, and any other forum you frequent.

The video on the Kickstarter page will explain the project.

A pledge of $1 or more will help me reach my goal. Go to Kickstarter.com by clicking the link below and check it out. There are great rewards for those that help, such as movies and posters. Please share this with your friends. It will help out in a big way!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/210 … rror-movie

Re: CRYPTID - Fundraiser. Become a Producer!

ArchangelProductions wrote:

Hello,

I only have 41 days to meet/exceed my goal on Kickstarter to fund CRYPTID, a low budget B-horror movie. Please help me spread the word on this project. Paste the link below on your Facebook page, Twitter account, MySpace page, and any other forum you frequent.

A pledge of $1 or more will help me reach my goal. Go to Kickstarter.com by clicking the link below and check it out. There are great rewards for those that help, such as movies and posters. Please share this with your friends. It will help out in a big way!

Hi Michael! Good to see you here. Hope you stick around and get in on the convo!

ArchangelProductions wrote:

Hello,

So, you're looking for investors.  How many shares for sale?  What kind of return are we looking at?  Are you presold anywhere?

Get real, dude.  Honest amateur filmmakers beg their friends and family for money and tap out their credit cards.  This is just shameful.

I disagree. I think it's fine for indie filmmakers to ask the community to support their work. It's up to each person to decide if they want to invest for a return of a credit on a film and a signed DVD, if that's enough to justify their 10 or 25 bucks or whatever.

Lots of good films never get picked up for distribution. This is the communities chance to show their support in something more than youtube views or whatever.

Personally, I've backed several films this way, by filmmakers whose work I already enjoy. It's my way of saying thanks, and I believe in what you do.

I would agree, though, that joining a forum JUST to promote your film isn't cool, and that's why I hope Michael sticks around and makes a substantive contribution to the forum.

Last edited by dar (2011-04-01 14:05:28)

Archangel, I think I read that script on zoetrope. It's a good script, but I think you need to get a studio involved, cause I don't know how you could accomplish it on a small budget. Unless you have access to a SFX genius. Do you???

dar wrote:

I disagree. I think it's fine for indie filmmakers to ask the community to support their work. It's up to each person to decide if they want to invest for a return of a credit on a film and a signed DVD, if that's enough to justify their 10 or 25 bucks or whatever.

Lots of good films never get picked up for distribution. This is the communities chance to show their support in something more than youtube views or whatever.

Personally, I've backed several films this way, by filmmakers whose work I already enjoy. It's my way of saying thanks, and I believe in what you do.

I would agree, though, that joining a forum JUST to promote your film isn't cool, and that's why I hope Michael sticks around and makes a substantive contribution to the forum.

I agree. Nothing shameful. You have an idea, an ambition, a script....  its the internet / digital Twitter community cyber world now... why not tap it and see if you can't make it work for you.