Topic: HM Movie Night Ramp-Up Thread

We (me, Doc, Askani, and Ghosty) did the first test run.  Ran pretty well except for Ghosty not having a mic.

Doc & I were (briefly) discussing how we could get some more of you mutant-fungus things to participate. 

Let us know- different movie, different time, more free beer through your computer, guaranteed* lascivious videos of our male and/or female members?

*Guarantee void in the natural universe

Last edited by azathoth (2011-04-23 08:22:22)

Re: HM Movie Night Ramp-Up Thread

Um, when is this happening? I might join in!

IckiMikki wrote:

Um, when is this happening? I might join in!

We're going to try another practice run or two first, so the actual movie event in, say, 4-6 weeks or so.  Seems like a Saturday (US) night is the most popular day/night/morning time for most people.

It's really a work in progress with trying to coordinate with people from all over.  (Or even get them somewhat interested)

Awesome, sounds like fun:) I'm down!

IckiMikki wrote:

Awesome, sounds like fun:) I'm down!

Excellent, our 1st HM lady!  I/we will keep the updates going.

That gives me a month, month and a half to get a microphone.  I'll leave myself a memo.

LoudLon wrote:

That gives me a month, month and a half to get a microphone.  I'll leave myself a memo.

Well, you don't really have to, it does have type chat.  (With the terrifying option of having text-to-voice translation.  Computer voices were not meant to say certain things.)

Az email me details on what exactly your doing, what programs, films, etc so I can see if perhaps we can get behind this and help promote it.

azathoth wrote:
LoudLon wrote:

Well, you don't really have to, it does have type chat.  (With the terrifying option of having text-to-voice translation.  Computer voices were not meant to say certain things.)

My Final Draft screenwriting program has the same feature.  I can appoint a variety of computerized voice to "read" the script back to me.  And to answer your question before you even ask it, yes, it sounds horrid.

But of course I'll get a mic.  I wouldn't want you guys to go without hearing my smokey smooth Barry White voice. 

Unh.  Sho' ya right.

Meh wrote:

Az email me details on what exactly your doing, what programs, films, etc so I can see if perhaps we can get behind this and help promote it.

Just sent it boss.

Let me know if you don't get it, or want some more info.
-Az

I got a mic for $10.  Has an ear phone too.

Az - I got Gun Town a few days ago and will not be able to wait 4-6 weeks to watch it!

Good Ghosty!  I don't know if you should watch it first or wait.  Meh is interested in promoting this so I have to coordinate with him so we can try to get maximum impact/attendance.  It would be cool if this is NOT a one time event.  I tryin' my man, but this is a first timer for me.  But if it's only the original 4 plus a few others, we're still going to do it.  It may suck, it may be fun, or it may implode the internet. 

Not knowing is half the fun; until you get kicked in the family jewels.  lol

How do people feel about Saturday, May 7th?

sounds good to me, saying that my copy of guntown gets here in time.

^^same^

azathoth wrote:

It may suck, it may be fun, or it may implode the internet.  lol

IMPLODE THE 'NET, IMPLODE THE 'NET!!!! (Sorry, the thought of a technological black hole makes me happy)

Cool...cool.

Alright.  Starting the countdown at 16 days...

Saturday, May 7th. Awesome, count me in too! big_smile

I'm not sure if I will have a mike or not yet though, I'm a little low on cash. So, I'll probably just be stuch with the typeing, which is still gonna be cool.

The Creature wrote:

Saturday, May 7th. Awesome, count me in too! big_smile

I'm not sure if I will have a mike or not yet though, I'm a little low on cash. So, I'll probably just be stuch with the typeing, which is still gonna be cool.

It's OK, you'll be able to hear everyone else.  Also, we (the one's with mics) can enable a text-to-audio feature for those who do not have a mic.  That way I can pretend you have the sexy, sexy voice of Zardox (my default computer voice.  Sounds like Robotron)!

Meh, have you gotten the email you asked for about this.