Topic: Altoona, PA renamed for movie

HA!  Vampy's hometown is being renamed for 60 days for a movie!

Altoona renamed \"POM Wonderful.\"

Film maker to have an event in Altoona.

And the obligatory IMDB page.

The Horseshoe Curve, Altoona's biggest claim to fame.  Was targeted by Nazi's in WWII and had at least 4 nukes aimed at it by the USSR during the Cold War.

Re: Altoona, PA renamed for movie

Pennsylvania native here, 'deported' to Tejas @ age 10.
Born in Lancaster, lived in Reading and surrounding areas (little sleepy Amish town Rothsville is haunted as shtup!) and then in and around Pittsburgh for a good spell.
(my Daddy had job issues. LOL)
History lesson aside and to get to point:  COOL!

I had an uncle who we'd visit in Altoona  smile

I really miss PA and the innocence I left behind there LOL

Half of my family makes up about half of the population of Altoona, PA.  Going there is amazing.  I love PA...much better than Detroit

I been to Altoona I am from pittsburgh

I lived inmonroeville next to the monroeville mall but spent most of my childhood in murrysville, pa. My granddad was a steelmill owner in the pittsburgh Area

deadhorse13 wrote:

lived in Reading and surrounding areas (little sleepy Amish town Rothsville is haunted as shtup!)

So does this mean you have a Amish virgin sister? or did you get to her first lol

oops did I say that out loud?

deadhorse13 wrote:

Pennsylvania native here, 'deported' to Tejas @ age 10.
Born in Lancaster, lived in Reading and surrounding areas (little sleepy Amish town Rothsville is haunted as shtup!) and then in and around Pittsburgh for a good spell.

Heh, I live about 20 minutes east from Reading on 422 (well, it depends on how fast you drive....)

Gardenofstone10 wrote:

Half of my family makes up about half of the population of Altoona, PA.  Going there is amazing.  I love PA...much better than Detroit

And Vampy's family makes up the other half.  Me, with 1 aunt and 2 uncles (no kids), was in for quite the shock for my 1st Thanksgiving event at her extended family's- all 100 some people.  Then I got schooled by a 5 year old girl in the football game; I still get reminded of that every year.

Godzilla_Rules wrote:

Not a bad town, been there twice.  Once for a Barenaked Ladies concert, the other to see my friend ordained as a priest.  I like that near-vertical trolley thing that goes up the mountain.

azathoth wrote:
Godzilla_Rules wrote:

Not a bad town, been there twice.  Once for a Barenaked Ladies concert, the other to see my friend ordained as a priest.  I like that near-vertical trolley thing that goes up the mountain.

And there is a fantastic restaurant called the. Grand concourse at the base of that by the river