Topic: Dream Home

This looks promising from Hong Kong. This is a Japanese version trailer. Playing uncut in Japan.

http://www.dreamhome-movie.com/movie/movie.html

Re: Dream Home

this has benn lurking about online for awhile.
cool film. both funny and brutal.

Been hearing good things about this movie for quite a while now and the other trailers I've watched all look pretty damn good. Looking forward to seeing it when it hits the USA.

Have it, but haven't watched it yet.  hmm

I watched it on Demand. It's a pretty cool slasher, definitely worth a watch if you're into J-horror or slashers.

Suspiria_89 wrote:

I watched it on Demand. It's a pretty cool slasher, definitely worth a watch if you're into J-horror or slashers.

It's Chinese isn't it?  Let's not profane its good press by attaching the word  "J-horror" to it.

Bunshinsaba wrote:
Suspiria_89 wrote:

It's Chinese isn't it?  Let's not profane its good press by attaching the word  "J-horror" to it.

Ahhh a member that will forever be in my good graces.  I hate the term J-horror because they attach it to anything asian, which is a shame because the koreans have been pumping out things far better than anything coming out of Japan lately, why attach the stigma of J-horror to it.

Is this the one you speak of?

Easiest way to tell Chinese from Japanese:

Names.  Chinese names tend to have no more than two syllables.  Chan.  Yiu.  Li.  Yuen.

Japanese names tend to be multisyllabic, and almost always end with a vowel.  Yamaguchi.  Hiroshi.  Ritsuko.

Just sayin'.

good call.  my tentacle rape test wasn't always fool-proof LOL

Movie looks cool...seems like the whole J-horror thing kind of came to a screeching hault...probably for the best

deadhorse13 wrote:

good call.  my tentacle rape test wasn't always fool-proof LOL

I am intrigued and would like to sign up to your newsletter.

this is a great time to subscribe, az!
Put It In Her Pooper, You Masochist is now a quarterly, with more pages in full color

Bunshinsaba wrote:
Suspiria_89 wrote:

My bad, Asian horror isn't my thing. Plus the few that I do like are actually Japanese so I just called it that out of habit. Should have looked it up though.

Last edited by Suspiria_89 (2011-04-26 22:34:41)

deadhorse13 wrote:

this is a great time to subscribe, az!
Put It In Her Pooper, You Masochist is now a quarterly, with more pages in full color

I got my first edition!
http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTIzvZuFOg-peZ_V83_vTeGNgyK04WGRKJsZ_5S3dPVT8qyD4kr&t=1

There is going to be a special hell for me.....

VALOR promises to be a double-issue.  stay pooned.

jmh314 wrote:

Ahhh a member that will forever be in my good graces.  I hate the term J-horror ....

And in my good graces shall you forever be, sir.
J-horror should be vaulted to the front of the line for new entries in the "out-of-vogue" word dictionary, seeing how they now make the worst horror films in all of Asia. But while we're celebrating real Asian talent...  let's not forget to also give horror kudos to Thailand. WOW!!!

I can't wait to watch this one, its on my LoveFilm just waiting for them to deliver... C'mon Do Eet Now!!!

LoudLon wrote:

Names.  Chinese names tend to have no more than two syllables.  Chan.  Yiu.  Li.  Yuen.

Japanese names tend to be multisyllabic, and almost always end with a vowel.  Yamaguchi.  Hiroshi.  Ritsuko.

Just sayin'.

You're killing me... killing me, I say. Actually talking syllables as a way of distinguishing between the name recognition of two common Asian languages. 
I mean, that was a joke.. right? Not that you're wrong in your grammatical recognition method, but I thought that the simplest response to your statement.. " Easiest way to tell Chinese from Japanese " would have been something short and to the point, such as simply writing.... EDUCATION !!!!

Last edited by Bunshinsaba (2011-04-27 06:37:11)

ive seen trailers for this movie, it looks good and has been getting good reviews, i think it will end up in my collection one day smile

Bunshinsaba wrote:
LoudLon wrote:

Just sayin'.

.....would have been something short and to the point, such as simply writing.... EDUCATION !!!!

Went to Alabama?  Irony.  big_smile

Last edited by azathoth (2011-05-01 11:07:16)

Bunshinsaba wrote:
LoudLon wrote:

Just sayin'.

You're killing me... killing me, I say. Actually talking syllables as a way of distinguishing between the name recognition of two common Asian languages. 
I mean, that was a joke.. right? Not that you're wrong in your grammatical recognition method, but I thought that the simplest response to your statement.. " Easiest way to tell Chinese from Japanese " would have been something short and to the point, such as simply writing.... EDUCATION !!!!

But then I wouldn't have been giving the easiest way. lol

I could have gone into a detailed explanation but nobody would have cared, really.  So I brass tacked it.  This is the easiest way for a casual Asian-movie viewer to differentiate between a Chinese or a Japanese flick.

Last edited by LoudLon (2011-05-01 12:39:13)

LoudLon wrote:
Bunshinsaba wrote:
LoudLon wrote:

Just sayin'.

But then I wouldn't have been giving the easiest way. lol

I could have gone into a detailed explanation but nobody would have cared, really.  So I brass tacked it.  This is the easiest way for a casual Asian-movie viewer to differentiate between a Chinese or a Japanese flick.

I like tacks.  smile  Not so much brass, more a fan of molybdenum.