Topic: Approaching the Dark Ages - Resonance

Hey guys, I thought I'd just plug a book here by a friend of mine by the name of Matthew Chivers. He has recently published his own book which is a sci-fi/fantasy/thriller. I thought maybe you guys would like to take a gander, I'm not sure on currencies but the book is available for download for £1.99 or for an actual paperback it costs £8.99.

He is just looking for some feedback and I wish him all the best, I believe he is writing a trilogy and has almost completed his second book. Anyway check out the synopsis below and give it a whirl if it tickles your fancy.

Check out his publishers site here http://www.lulu.com/product/paperback/a … iewSection

"In the near future Humanity is all but obliterated by a massive doomsday. For well over a century we still survive and fight for our very survival. This tale follows a Tribal known as Maledream, a troubled and quiet young man fed up with his existence on the outskirts of a city that had long ago fallen into ruin.
One morning after a row with his foster father he decides to leave the safety of the Tribal camp and ventures deeper into the ruins of the city. Stopping in his tread Maledream is alerted to the screams of a woman nearby, watching scared beggars run in the opposite direction. Unable to turn a blind eye like he normally does, Maledream takes it upon himself to investigate the distress.
What he finds goes against all perceived nature and it is this moment onwards that he finds himself spurred on a journey that is soon filled with danger from strange supernatural forces only heard of in legends from his people. Can Maledream hope to survive?"

Re: Approaching the Dark Ages - Resonance

When I get around to finding my pants (i.e. credit card in wallet), I'll order the download version.  Shipping would probably cost more than the book.

Last edited by azathoth (2011-05-04 13:49:51)

Thanks a lot Az, I hope you enjoy it. Be sure to let me and him know what you think. I think he has something good going here. For a guy (myself) that doesn't read as much as I should, I enjoyed it but it's all personal tastes.

Last edited by Deth_Banger (2011-05-04 13:57:04)

Deth_Banger wrote:

Thanks a lot Az, I hope you enjoy it. Be sure to let me and him know what you think. I think he has something good going here. For a guy (myself) that doesn't read as much as I should, I enjoyed it but it's all personal tastes.

When I get around to it, I'll write up a review and let you know.  Can't promise any home-town bias, though.

^ Hahaha! Yeah man, say what you think dude, all he wants is some feedback be it positive or negative, just to see if he is taking the right route, y'know.

OK, you can tell your friend I found my pants and he now has a sale.  At 270 pages, it may be a while before that review pops up.

Awesome stuff man! I look forward to reading your review in the future Az big_smile