Topic: Dead Island

Check out this incredible trailer for the upcoming humans-vs-zombies-on-an-island game.  This is probably the single best video game trailer I've ever seen:

http://www.horror-movies.ca/horror_20006.html

Edited... silly loudlon.

Re: Dead Island

great trailer I edited to post to our own article on it smile silly boy!

Whoops!  Much obliged.

Yes.. It is a really good trailer.  I've been reading up about the gameplay and I'm very interesting in "seeing" how it will all come together.  But it is a great introduction, to hopfully a great game.

-deadmanwalkin

Huh.  I have to admit I was a bit puzzled when Meh said he linked the trailer to my article but rolled with it.  Just clicked the link and realized the article is actually Deth Banger's.

Sorry, DB.  Wasn't trying to steal your thunder, bro. smile

WOW...Beautiful tralier....Wow.

Definitely cool! I'm gonna show this trailer to my kids and have a bidding war. Winner will be determined by how many extra chores they're willing to do for it???  smile

that has to be one of the best game trailers i've ever seen.........it's up there with the 'gears' mad world trailer.

lets just hope the game delivers..........

It was a good trailer, I remember seeing this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kx1tl-X8 … re=related about it years ago. I really hope they actually use that feature in the game. I really hope it sets itself apart from the loads of zombie and fps games.

Here's the trailer shown in standard forward play, as opposed to reverse/slow-mo.  Loses some of the emotional impact, but still a good and scary trailer:

http://www.ign.com/videos/2011/02/16/de … id=ign1161

not quite as effective...........but still quite emotional at the end there.

LoudLon wrote:

Huh.  I have to admit I was a bit puzzled when Meh said he linked the trailer to my article but rolled with it.  Just clicked the link and realized the article is actually Deth Banger's.

Sorry, DB.  Wasn't trying to steal your thunder, bro. smile

Hahaha no worries dude big_smile

You gonna pick this up for xbox Lon?  If so ill get a copy as well...you need to get dead space 2 so we can play online!  Its a lot like left 4 dead just in 3rd person

Although I'm not a big gamer (BATMAN: ARKHAM ASYLUM was the last game I bought and played all the way through, and that's just 'cause I'm a lifelong Batman nerd), and despite the fact that I'm sorta sick of zombies . . .  I'm gonna have to pick this one up when it's released.  Judging from that trailer, it's just gonna be too kick-ass *not* to.

Finally, a next generation Left 4 Dead video game.  This will be a "money well spent" purchase for me!!

I've been keeping tabs on this game for some time now.Looks to be one of the best games I've seen in along time.

When this trailer first dropped a couple months ago, it floored me. Still an amazing trailer, and THE best I've ever seen. But the more I read about the game, the less interested I am in playing it. It REALLY sounds like an FPSRPG... boring. There is leveling, stat building, hoarding... guh, not my thing anymore. Initially it looked like a L4D clone, and that's fine. But as more and more info comes out, it seems more like L4D meets Fallout... and I hate Fallout.

Eh, knowing me, I'll get it anyway, cause it's what I do. LOL! smile

I want this game.  I'm not sick of Zombie movies or games at all.  Think they at least help us by keeping us aware of the inevitable apocalypse that is coming our way.

I'll be covering this game at E3.

I stumbled on this randomly one night when I was bored a few months ago. It. Looks. Amazing. Def one of the best trailers I have seen for a game. I can't wait for it to come out [:

Apparently, the trailer is nothing like the game play. The game play will be more Left 4 Dead style with make shift weapons, similar to Dead Rising. To someone like myself, I find this disappointing. The trailer gave me such high hopes and another FPS zombie game is a dime a dozen. I'm hoping there will be more to it. I'll let you all know in a few weeks.

So is it a melee weapon game only or are they actually going to have guns? I didn't care for Dead Rising but loved L4d. I think the only thing missing from those two were a storyline, so I was thinking this one would bring more background. Idk I'm still excited to see more gameplay.

Don't know at this point besides what I wrote. I'll actually get to play it when I am in LA, so I'll have more info then.

This was on their website

Features

- first-person melee combat

- 4 player co-op

- weapon customization

- set on an open world tropical island

- RPG elements for character development

- hordes of gruesome zombies

for Playstation 3, Xbox 360 and PC - Release Date: 2011

So yeah, I'm pretty sure it is just going to be melee combat but the trailers they have for it make it seem like there is going to be a good storyline to it. But we will have to see (:

There WILL be gun play, but minimal. There's a video of actual game play, and it REALLY reminds me of Fallout 3. Talk to this guy, talk to that guy, get quests, drive across town to save this person, weapons wear out/take damage... eh, looking more and more like I'll be passing on this one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDzFzNg0bxk