Topic: HM Virtual Movie Night IN ONE HOUR (May 7th)

Almost there folks!

Quick recap-
At 10PM US Eastern time, some of us will watch AceofSpade's "Gun Town" while voice and/or type chatting.

We will be using Ventrilo software.  It is free and fairly easy to set up.  If you do not have a microphone to talk, you can still type!

If you do not have a DVD copy of 'Gun Town,' you can steam it from YouTube for US$0.99. You can find the link on Gun Town's web.  The link is at the bottom of the page.

Here is a previous thread about this event.

Here is Meh's announcement thread.

Here is a page with the settings to use with Ventrilo.

I do not know how many will be showing up, though around 10 people have said they will so far.  The more the merrier.  (And more chaotic, but that is kind of par around here.  big_smile )

If you have questions about setting up Ventrilo, or anything else, feel free to PM me or post the Q here.  I'll be getting on Ventrilo tonight around 11PM Eastern and 9PM tomorrow in case people are having problems.

Hope to talk to you.
-Azathoth

Last edited by azathoth (2011-05-07 19:53:20)

Re: HM Virtual Movie Night IN ONE HOUR (May 7th)

bump

bumpity bump bump

You available for a mic test tonight?

^^^
As I said, around 11PM I'm hopping on.

11 Eastern huh?  Hmmmmm, think that's 10p here.  Roger.  Think the wife and I are going to try to do some of the Scream marathon tonight.  We're a little behind when everyone was doin this a couple weeks ago.  That should work for a quick drop in though.

Oh...and see where you wrote you are popping on tonight.  Didn't read the first post cuz I thought it was old.  My bad.

Last edited by Ghostseeker (2011-05-06 14:36:06)

azathoth wrote:

Almost there folks!

Quick recap-
At 10PM US Eastern time, some of us will watch AceofSpade's "Gun Town" while voice and/or type chatting.

We will be using Ventrilo software.  It is free and fairly easy to set up.  If you do not have a microphone to talk, you can still type!

If you do not have a DVD copy of 'Gun Town,' you can steam it from YouTube for US$0.99. You can find the link on Gun Town's web.  The link is at the bottom of the page.

Here is a previous thread about this event.

Here is Meh's announcement thread.

Here is a page with the settings to use with Ventrilo.

I do not know how many will be showing up, though around 10 people have said they will so far.  The more the merrier.  (And more chaotic, but that is kind of par around here.  big_smile )

If you have questions about setting up Ventrilo, or anything else, feel free to PM me or post the Q here.  I'll be getting on Ventrilo tonight around 11PM Eastern and 9PM tomorrow in case people are having problems.

Hope to talk to you.
-Azathoth

A reminder wink
Testing tonight and playing tomorrow.
Hope it works well for you guys.

Don't feel like staying up 'til 4AM, El Capitan?

how did i miss this? hows it work?

shesaid? wrote:

how did i miss this? hows it work?

Check the first post of this thread.  Explains what is going on, and has links to other threads that breaks down the specifics.

Feel free to PM is you need any more info.

First post pretty much explains most of it, any other questions, feel free to ask.

Heya Doc, been getting some last minute interest.  I may have to refer TheCreature to you, he seems to be having some connection problems.  I'll see if my 'help' has helped.

Also, everyone, just got a message from Acey that he will be attending tomorrow!  Typed chat only for him, but a nice chance to pick the mind of the movie maker.

doc_notter wrote:

First post pretty much explains most of it, any other questions, feel free to ask.

bubbadee bubadee doo! first post....

I'm taking a look at the chat room now.  I'll be text only until I get off my ass and get a head set/mic.

i was reading the site and the site has legal rights to information on your computer....

shesaid? wrote:

i was reading the site and the site has legal rights to information on your computer....

Where?  I haven't seen what you speak of.  I'm guessing the rights are to connect with the computer.

Thats fine AZ, i have been keeping up with the posts, just real life has been taking a lot of my time, but i still check these boards a few times a day, any help i can give i will, and very glad to have acey hanging around.

Hey peoples, Acey made a nice post over in the other thread.

Because of  our support, he will drop the price on the YouTube stream of Gun Town to $0.00(!) tomorrow night.  Everyone give the man a hand, that's cool of him.

acey, you are the man, big props to him.

Right on.  I was dreading having to create a Google bank account or whatever to pay for the stream; I'm very untrusting when it comes to my money and the internet. lol

Very cool of you, Ace.

room name:  Raid Two

doesn't matter what you name the server
host or IP:   173.208.17.207

port:   27642

password:    alliance

please use at least part of your HM username

That is correct ladies and gentlemen.

Tomorrow night during the event...Gun Town is FREE FREE FREE.

All I have to do is change the settings (i've already checked how it works) so with the magic little click of a button, it's free Time.

If it fouls up, I will curse the wrath of spades on YT. lol

But we should be all set. Thanks again and looking forward to it.

LoudLon wrote:

Right on.  I was dreading having to create a Google bank account or whatever to pay for the stream; I'm very untrusting when it comes to my money and the internet. lol

Very cool of you, Ace.

I'm a Nigerian prince with $300,000,000 that I need to move to a US bank.  If you provide me with your bank account number and a small fee of $20, I will give you 10% as a facilitator for helping me.

big_smile

I'm hanging out on Ventrilo for the next 1/2 hour or so for testing.

Be there in a min...hold on!  Pleez.  smile