Re: HM Virtual Movie Night IN ONE HOUR (May 7th)

Talked to Ghosty.  I'll hang on for a bit more.

Talkin' with the Doc on Vent.  Come bring the noise.  (wow- 80's flashback lol )

azathoth wrote:
shesaid? wrote:

i was reading the site and the site has legal rights to information on your computer....

Where?  I haven't seen what you speak of.  I'm guessing the rights are to connect with the computer.

i was kidding!

I made it to the part where you type in the IP and Port, then it gives me a list of room, however, none of them highlight when I scroll over.

Raid Two sits there and laughs at me as I try to click it. Any advice oh great ones?

aceofspades70 wrote:

I made it to the part where you type in the IP and Port, then it gives me a list of room, however, none of them highlight when I scroll over.

Raid Two sits there and laughs at me as I try to click it. Any advice oh great ones?

They don't highlight, just click (or double click) on Raid Two and your name moves to there.  Nice program, just takes time getting used to it.

shesaid? wrote:
azathoth wrote:
shesaid? wrote:

i was reading the site and the site has legal rights to information on your computer....

Where?  I haven't seen what you speak of.  I'm guessing the rights are to connect with the computer.

i was kidding!

Oopsie! big_smile

Just a reminder, I'll be hoping on Ventrilo at around 9PM (an hour early) for any last minute questions.

Also, I'm going to this expo today, so I'll be gone for a big chunk of the day.  Looking forward to meeting The Angry Video Nerd.

I love the angry video nerd ha ha ha.

I wish I was doing this but I don't have the movie and my net connection is waaay slow so I don't think I can get the thing set up. Probably wouldn't know how to use it anyway lol

Baby_Firefly wrote:

I love the angry video nerd ha ha ha.

I wish I was doing this but I don't have the movie and my net connection is waaay slow so I don't think I can get the thing set up. Probably wouldn't know how to use it anyway lol

sad

I'm going to try and record a podcast of it.  No promises, though.

Looks like I got a program that will be able to record the event tonight.  Don't know how well it will do since I have had, oh, 1 hour of testing it.

Somebody please show up early (anywhere from 9PM on) so I can check the EQ level ahead of time.  I'd hate to have everything garbled.

Ok...I get this: http://www.ventrilo.com/status.php

and it says I have to open it with something, so I "click to start a local copy...." and a little box pops up.

Don't really know what to do from there...

Edit: and I see the list of rooms, but they don't highlight when I scroll over them.

Last edited by aceofspades70 (2011-05-07 11:39:16)

Just double click on raid 2, you already did the heavy lifting.

thats the thing, it doesnt highlight, i click on it and nothing

"link needs to be opened with an application"

*box*: choose

So which app do I choose?

Last edited by aceofspades70 (2011-05-07 12:08:03)

I think I know your problem.  I tried it, and it wanted a local application to start up.  You need to download the Ventrilo app to use the server.

I figured it out! Ok, I am ready to go. I joined chat and moved the chat box down out of the way to make room for the movie on my screen.

Ok az, figured out how to get in Raid Two, I clicked on wrong room, lol. Alright...All Set! See you guys tonight.

As you may have just noticed, Ace & I text chatted nicely.  Hopefully he'll get his speakers working so he can hear the dulcet tones of our fine members tonight.

Heh heh..."members"...

I was wondering which one of you were going to go there 1st.

You can always count on me, Azzie.  I won't let you down!

Ugh.....

That's what she said -- in pleasure.

Oh, I'm going low-brow today.

You a Jem* among princes, sir.

*-
http://files.g4tv.com/ImageDb3/255795_S/Top-Cartoons-That-Need-To-Be-Video-Games.jpg

Last edited by azathoth (2011-05-07 15:31:57)

I'm going to try and be there if I can stop feeling sorry for myself long enough.  Oh and stop crying.

Last edited by floridapossum (2011-05-07 15:50:19)