Topic: HM Movie Night Review

Hi,

I will be sending a proper writeup to Meh in a bit, once I get some rest.

Everyone seemed to have fun.  Ace provided lots of insights to why & what happened.

Who attended:
aceofspades
askani-son
azathoth
doc notter
floridapossum
ghostseeker
loudlon
she said?
Vampy

Apparently, everyone wants another virtual movie night.  I'll be posting a thread about that sometime.  A bunch of ideas for the next movie were mentioned.

Also, for the next trial, we going to try using Skype. FloridaPossum educated me on it (haven't used it for like 2 years). Turns out you can use just voice on it, so low-bandwidth people won't get swamped with video feeds.

Also, I'm going to set up the next one on a Saturday at 5PM, which will be 10PM (yes?) over in Britain.  LoudLon expressed a desire to here Wolfy say "bollocks."  (Don't ask me why, Lon is way stranger is person than he is on the forum)

Probably 2-3 weeks til the next movie night.  Give everyone a chance to figure out Skype, and time to pick a movie.

Here are some of the choices tossed out:
Tourist Trap
Re-Animator
Dawn of the Dead
sentinel '77
sorority babes in the slime ball a rama
fortress
Halloween
night flyer
dead set (you tube)

There was a nifty 'after party' where a bunch of us hung out for another 2 hours.

If Meh wants/allows, I'll post the podcast here.  Otherwise, I'll put it on my website.

Thanks Ace for allowing us to use your movie and the free YouTube feed.  Thanks everyone who showed up, it was fun.

Tallyho, I'm beat.
Az

Re: HM Movie Night Review

Awesome, sounds like you guys had fun! smile
Sorry I couldn't be there, I was still having problems with connecting the server on Ventrillo, dang it. Hopefully Skype will work better for me. I'll try harder to be present at the next movie night!!!

I think the best part was when everyone mistook FloridaPossum's growling animal to be her dog.  It was her hamster.  His name is 'Monster.'

Everything else was fun.  Someone apologized to Vampy for being married to me.  She got a kick out of that.

The movie watching was fun.  Nice insights from Lee (Ace).

After-movie 'party' just got weird, in a good way, much fun.  Went on for another 2 hours.

Last edited by azathoth (2011-05-08 01:06:25)

ok, that wasn't really me in the chat room, that was my stunt double.

Ok, it was me, never mind.

Thank you to those who joined in. I appreciate the fine support.

An awesome time during the "after" party.

Good Night all.

Skype is crap.  I've just spent ten minutes trying to register and no matter what I put for country or language, it takes me back to make corrections without registering my account. 

Pass on the Skype.

LoudLon wrote:

Skype is crap.  I've just spent ten minutes trying to register and no matter what I put for country or language, it takes me back to make corrections without registering my account. 

Pass on the Skype.

I was never there, I don't know any of these people. 

Skype is not crap, it was built so a five year old could use it.  *snicker, snicker*  Wait till you recover from the after party before trying to operate heavy machinery.  Not that I would know anything about an after party of course.  But I do have large, angry, and growling hamsters!  They power my ISP.

I don't know what the problem was.  Doesn't matter what I put in for country and language, it simply isn't taking it.  And since these are "required," I can't register.  Thus, therefore and so -- crap.

Crap!

skype sounds good to me az! Andy my 12 year old son knows about it ( he is much better technically than me and i'm pretty sure he's not my son, he's too intelligent must be the milkman's:/) i would hope that would be a  go, and yes i'll say BOLLOCKS  no problem. The British are coming! big_smile

I never got a chance to join in on the chaTownt did watch Gun Town last night and was supried at how well done it was! Damn fine work Ace! I hope I can get my stuff together and join in next time.

Congratulations everyone! Sounds like it was freaking awesome... I was stuck at work which sucked ass! Hopefully when you do the next one I'll be able to join in.

Glad that all who made it had such a great time. Sorry I could only be there spiritually.

LoudLon wrote:

I don't know what the problem was.  Doesn't matter what I put in for country and language, it simply isn't taking it.  And since these are "required," I can't register.  Thus, therefore and so -- crap.

Crap!

Take a deep breath, have a smoke, walk outside and turn to your right 360 degrees. Do this three times.  Take another deep breath, have another smoke.  Come in and uninstall.  Reboot, and have another smoke.  Re-install, reboot while having another smoke.  Register, bang!  It works, guaranteed!

(If its' a full moon do those turns to the left)

I did all that last night before posting the above.  Didn't work.

Skype's crap.

LoudLon wrote:

I did all that last night before posting the above.  Didn't work.

Skype's crap.

Nuh uhhh

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v93/loudlon/crap.jpg

We got 2 - 3 weeks to work it out Lon.  Relax man!  You think the Ventrillo thing was easy setting up?  Doc and I should have set up a short term consulting business on that. 

Give it a few days.

In the mean time I have to write my official recap, figure out what the hell we're doing next, and post my pics from the TooManyGames expo.  Even got my picture taken with the Angry Video Game Nerd.

[edit- and Meh does all this stuff for free?  Shit, man, you be nuts!]

Last edited by azathoth (2011-05-08 15:07:38)

Sounds like a load of fun! Sorry I missed it. I'll try better next time!

LoudLon wrote:

Nuh uhh

was fun and interesting, thanks again ace and everybody who put the show together.i vote halloween.

I still love the idea of having the maker involved, someone should ask sonny if he could do one. Or any other filmakers we have.

doc_notter wrote:

I still love the idea of having the maker involved, someone should ask sonny if he could do one. Or any other filmakers we have.

Good idea!

floridapossum wrote:
LoudLon wrote:

Nuh uhh

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v93/loudlon/knocked-the-frick-out-o.gif

lol

Last edited by LoudLon (2011-05-08 20:27:42)

azathoth wrote:

We got 2 - 3 weeks to work it out Lon.  Relax man!

Yeah, Lon. Settle down! tongue LOL

I'm relaxed.  Just reiterating it's crap. big_smile

LoudLon wrote:

I'm relaxed.  Just reiterating it's crap. big_smile

Nuh uhhh!  big_smile