Topic: Trailer for Fright Night remake

Ok, So just saw this posted

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxqtyTH5bzM

Re: Trailer for Fright Night remake

To me, Fright Night (1985) was such a great, fun movie. I have been really excited for the remake, even though they usually end up horrible, however, I had high hopes with this one. After seeing the trailer....

I'm SOOO effin disappointed!!!

This shit looks terrible. Really? By modernizing it they doomed it. Looks so much more like Disturbia than a remake of Fright Night IMO. I'll be sure to avoid this, even though Colin Farrel is kinda handsome;)

Aw, hell no!  This looks worse (comparatively) than the new Prom Night.  I don't even see a Roddy character in there.

I know! Why would you cut him out of the movie.. the Peter Vincent character was so great to us fans.. Bleh. Guess they just wanted to cash in on the whole vampire craze while they could.

To their very, very slight credit, the vampire is not sparkly.

http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2010/6/1/129198961658485027.jpg

They God damn killed it, and I use to hope for it. But now...

eh, whatever. Looks ok but never as good as the original.

I hated the idea of this remake.  After watching the preview I'm kinda diggin it.  Actually looks pretty cool.  Very interesting cast.  That alone could make it worth seein.

Pass.

the most impressive thing about the trailer are those imposing eyebrows.  wow.
I'm with you Icki - looks to me like they've totally changed the general tone of the film - that's usually the one thing in remakes I like to see retained in some way.
Gonna take more than lots of crash, boom and pows to peak my interest.
plus that trailer seems a little spoiler heavy.  eh.

Last edited by deadhorse13 (2011-05-16 21:17:48)

Yah I am a bit disappointed with this trailer.
But I am still going to see it. The trailer for Piranha was actually atrocious as I recall, but the movie was a blast. Not that I think this will be as much fun as Piranha, but we will see.

I always give remakes the benefit of a doubt before watching them

but with the ratio of success hovering somewhere around 1 in 10 at best for these things, coupled with this ineffective trailer, I shan't be any hurry.

Do you mean to say that you daren't see this film pronto?

indeed I daren't!  LOL

Me oh my!

Ok...You all have talked me into it.  Before I thought the Trailer looked pretty cool, and it changed my mind about wanting to see this movie.  After reading your posts, I now declare:

The Fright Night remake looks like it could possibly be the BEST movie EVER made.  I think it will redefine Horror, and become an instant classic. 

In fact, I am so sure of this, I bet Lon and Dead's reputation on it!  big_smile

that sounds pretty fair.
after all, I could use a clean slate.  LOL

^ What reputations?

I have already stolen their mojo's..mwha...mwhaha...mwhahahahahahahaha!

I better not see those up on ebay, dammit

Well,  judging by the Trailer, Fright Night does not look very good.   Unfortunately it looks like they took the humor out of it, which is what made the original so good.  Oh well, another stupid Remake!  I will probably watch it just to see what it is about.

It feels more like an action-horror movie with a little revenge thrown into it. But I'm not complainin', it does fit in with this generation and has a gritty feeling to it.

I'm not even going to compare it to Disturbia, because I actually liked that movie. It was good for what it was, this on the other hand looks like a total piece of shit. Hopefully I'm wrong and it will end up being ok, but I have a feeling it won't.

new Fright Night looks shit.. although i also wasn't a fan of the original either.. The remake obviously looks worse..

Last edited by Ms45 (2011-05-17 18:42:35)

this looks just terrible i bet every action sequence in this movie was just shown

DirtyGirl wrote:

Well,  judging by the Trailer, Fright Night does not look very good.   Unfortunately it looks like they took the humor out of it, which is what made the original so good.  Oh well, another stupid Remake!  I will probably watch it just to see what it is about.

Exactly what I thought when I seen the trailer...seems to take itself to serious.