Topic: Scream 5

Okay so i just saw a interview with Harvey Weinstein and he said that Scream 4 did well enough to deserve a sequel and he is sure its gonna be made! what do you guys think is this good or bad to have another Sequel??

Re: Scream 5

Well, Scream 4 was supposed to be a new trilogy, so it really wouldn't surprise me at all. I really enjoyed Scream 4, but it wasn't everything that I thought it would be. Pretty much the same old with new characters, but the main characters are still alive so I don't know how to feel about it. Plus the humor was ridiculous for a horror film, I mean it has to be the most humorous horror movie I've seen that was taken so seriously. Doesn't live up the original, about the same as Scream 2 but bettr then Scream 3. I'd pay to see Scream 5.

JJ got a link to the interview? its news worthy.

http://www.movieline.com/2011/05/harvey … ream-5.php

gracias

Not surprised at all, I enjoyed Scream 4 so I'm up for another one.

I don't see the point.  But you can always count on the Weinsteins to beat a dead horse even deader.

LoudLon wrote:

I don't see the point.  But you can always count on the Weinsteins to beat a dead horse even deader.

Does this mean DeadHorse has to change his name to DeaderHorse?  big_smile

I'm not surprised.  I'm kind of indifferent to a #5, actually.

Why do you guys always wanna beat Dead?  If I wrote that you'd have me banned.

Ghostseeker wrote:

Why do you guys always wanna beat Dead?  If I wrote that you'd have me banned.

It's easier than spanking the monkey.  lol

it's true - chimpin ain't easy.  heh

I hate the fact that sequels are always based on money. A flick could have every character killed, and the world blown up, and these days would "warrant a sequel" if it made enough money.

I still say there should be a Supreme Court ruling on a legal limit of 3. Trilogies only, nothing more, ever. If you make a fourth one, or try and veil it as a "spin off", you're shot and buried at sea.

^^^
Damn, you're hardcore.

hahaha well im glad i could bring some of you joy and some of you seer disgust i feel my job has been done haha. I'm actually excited about this for a few reasons, first off i felt Scream 4 was great not taken serious enough but overall entertaining, second I grew up with this series so its nice to have my own generations unstoppable franchise like Halloween, Friday the 13th, or Nightmare on Elm Street, and finally a 5th movie also means Scream isnt getting a complete remake for at least a few more years and to me that is a win even if the movie is not!!! big_smile and on a side not a blame the rest of you for the fact this movie didnt do well im poor because of Scream 4! tongue hahaahhahaa

Zed_Chuva wrote:

I hate the fact that sequels are always based on money. A flick could have every character killed, and the world blown up, and these days would "warrant a sequel" if it made enough money.

I still say there should be a Supreme Court ruling on a legal limit of 3. Trilogies only, nothing more, ever. If you make a fourth one, or try and veil it as a "spin off", you're shot and buried at sea.

I don't think they are always done for money cause it's been ten years since the last Scream 3, they made Scream 4 cause they really had a good story.
Regarding that you should only get trilogy's, i for one like Halloween 4 & Friday the 13th 4: The Final Chapter, even though it wasn't. lol

Yeah, another Scream movie

looks like we might be waiting awhile for this movie, i dont know if its good or bad but Wes said that he for sure isnt doing anything until after the summer!!!

ZOMBIE SLASHER wrote:

I don't think they are always done for money cause it's been ten years since the last Scream 3, they made Scream 4 cause they really had a good story.

We must have seen different Scream 4's.  The one I saw sucked. big_smile

Ehhh, I'm not sure how to feel about it. Granted Scream 4 was pretty good, although the acting was a bit..off. At least coming from the original cast. At least to me. But hey, I grew up on Scream and if it looked good enough, I'd pay to see another. big_smile