Re: HM Movie Night 3 Finalized (Saturday, May 21, 2010)

My sis just emailed me wanting to know if we were going to watch the original 'Dawn.'  In her words, 'I like me some Smurf zombies.'  I'm going to have to work in 'The Fog' in one of these things for her.

missed the second,i will there for saturday i hope.

azathoth wrote:

My sis just emailed me wanting to know if we were going to watch the original 'Dawn.'  In her words, 'I like me some Smurf zombies.'  I'm going to have to work in 'The Fog' in one of these things for her.

I'm sincerely confused what Smurf Zombies have to do with The Fog?

The blueish zombies from 'Dawn.'
She really likes the original 'Fog.'  It would be fun to have her on one of the movie nights.  She may be even more sarcastic than me.

Therefore, absolutely no connection between the two.  smile

Oooh, I love The Fog.  Hugely atmospheric.

This post is for Matt to be buffed, or rebuffed.  Don't worry, he'll know, and you never will.
Mwaahahahahahahaa!

I know and I still don't know, but thank you

The mysteries of the something something something are vast.  <Insert wise man verbiage here>

(What, I have to do all the heavy lifting around here?  tongue

Crap, I derailed myself again.  Ha.

Anyhoo- we're up to 12 people!

Remember, any questions can be directed here.

Surprised my joke only got one person.  I must be off my game. sad

Time for my daily bumpity bump.  big_smile

Time for the daily bump.
2 days...

1 day....

24 hours...

How does this thing work? Do we chat in a chatroom or what? I think im all set except I wont have a mic* since I will be on my phone...got a lot of the guys on my friends list but not all but im sure that can be worked out tomorrow. How do we stay in sync (as for watching the film) with one another, or do we all just try to get somewhat close?

Last edited by ChainSaW80 (2011-05-20 19:08:18)

Once everyone's there Azzie will do a count down to start the flick.  The first time we did this the movie was being streamed; the last time, when we watched Suspiria, we all cued up on the main title screen and started when Azzie gave us the nod.

If you'll be on your cell phone, you won't need a mic.  For you it'll be just like making a phone call; you connect, you talk.  It does have a text box, though, if you decide you want to hang up your phone and join us online and type instead.

Last edited by LoudLon (2011-05-20 19:27:14)

Lon got it down.  Around 5PM US Eastern, I'll see how many people are there.  If we're close to the 13, I'll give a 5 minute countdown start so everyone can make sure their DVDs or streams are set to go, hit the bathroom, etc.  Come in after that, you'll have to catch up (don't worry, we'll tell you where we are). 

I'll be getting on around 4PM or so, so people can do a final test of their setup (and for the usual figuring out how to get new arrivals into the chat; fun problem last weekend).

Remember the rules from the first post.  And remember I'll be recording this for a followup podcast.

Looking forward to it.  This should be a fun one!

Last edited by azathoth (2011-05-20 19:57:14)

azathoth wrote:

24 hours...

to tulsa ....... oh only 1 day away from your arrrrrrrrrrrrrrmmmmmmmmmsssssssss!! big_smile

^^^
I'm cuddly!  lol

How is this for f'd up- My original disc I ordered from Amazon didn't work, so I ordered a replacement.  They sent me back the 2004 version.  Huh?  I'm going to have to scramble around tomorrow to see if I can find a copy, somewhere.  In the meantime, I'm doing something I hate to do.

strangle kittens?

azathoth wrote:

In the meantime, I'm doing something I hate to do.

Ok...What!?!??

Well, I have a copy now, but I still need to go look for it tomorrow.

You dirty little copyright infringer... big_smile

I said I hated doing it.  And if the damned first DVD worked in the first place, I'd be fine.  sad