Re: Favorite David Cronenberg film.

Definitely can't pick a favorite.

I'm kind of surprised to see that Dead Ringers hasn't been mentioned. I highly recommend it to anyone who hasn't seen it.

1. The Brood
2. Videodrome
3. Scanners
4. Dead Ringers
5. Rabid
6. Shivers
7. Spider
8. The Fly (The original was better! IMO)
9. The Dead Zone
10. Crash
11. eXistenz
12. Eastern Promises
13. A History of Violence

Scanners for me

I still can not believe I have not seen Videodrome.
Going to see that tonight no matter what!

I have just Videodrome for first time

What a movies, i loved it smile

How about mostly ALL of his films due to the fact there are tons of them in my school's list of 1001 films to watch before you die?

Last edited by A Lost Boy (2012-10-13 15:06:21)

SOOO hard to pick..but Dead Ringers, Naked Lunch and Videodrome stand out.

Cronenberg is a master director, most anything he touches turns to gold. I haven't seen his latest two movies though. That said my favourites would have to be between Videodrome and the Brood, just depending on my mood.

Rabid and The Fly.  My big brother took me to go see Rabid in theaters when it came out in '77.  I was nine.  Still give him shit about it, haha.

I feel that I need to watch his movies through again, maybe do a movie of his each night for just over a week.

They all have a similar dark feel, but I think that Videodrome is my favourite. It's been a long time since I've seen Rabid and Scanners though. Something about Rabid just made me feel... uneasy, but it was great.

Videodrome for me. I'm about to see The Brood for the first time all the way through though so it may change. By far my favorite director