Re: What R U Reading?

I am now starting on The Drifters byJames A. Michener

Suicide Notes-Michael Thomas Ford

J.N. wrote:
revengebiteme wrote:

Sharp Objects -gillian flynn

What do you think so far?  SHARP OBJECTS might just be my all-time favorite debut novel.  If nothing else, it's the best thing I've read in the last 15 years or so.

It was really good, I loved how it ended. I really didnt know how I felt about it till half way through and then I couldnt put it down

Just finished "Someday This Pain Will Be Useful to You"

No it is not a self-help book. I like angsty stories, but this one wasn't all that great. An ok book, but the main character is just too damn smug and the way everyone interacts with him is the same, they all use the same language and just what they say seems strange sometimes. But anyway, it did keep my interest, but it's odd.

Last edited by Vamp_Slayer (2011-05-16 11:27:08)

Currently reading Triage, written by Jack Ketchum, Edward Lee and Richard Laymon.

nice, sus.  that one slipped under my radar somehow.  well no more  smile

Mark Twain; The complete short stories & famous essays

Suspiria_89 wrote:

Currently reading Triage, written by Jack Ketchum, Edward Lee and Richard Laymon.

Curious what you think of it.  I thought it was great and was a quick read.

Tips on having a Gay (Ex)Boyfriend-Carrie Jones

The Fog by James Herbert

Inside a Cutter's Mind-Jersha Clark

Jack Ketchum's  Girl Next Door, his take on the horror genre is my favorite by far, much more gruesome and brutal, makes Stephen King look like RL Stine

I am reading The Golden Compass and taking a break from the god aweful Dark Tower series

I am reading Tarzan of the Apes (1912) by Edgar Rice Burroughs. Quite good [:

Last edited by Lutano (2011-05-28 21:23:20)

Still on The Shining...only got about a hundred pages left but haven't had much time to read lately.

I'm currently reading Sammy Hagar's autobiography.

"Red: My Uncensored Life In Rock".

I picked up a new book today, and will start reading later, it's:

"Area 51: An Uncensored History of America's Top Secret Military Base"

Hold Still-Nina LaCour

Brain Droppings - George Carlin

I love George Carlin....the single greatest stand up comedian of all time.

I usually switch between two books at a time.. one for fun and the other work related.

Fun - Star Wars: Fate of the Jedi (Conviction)
Work - The Orange Revolution

I'm also eye-balling two new books to possibly get - Sun Tzu at Gettysburg and World War II Plans That Never Happened.  I like switching things up from what I usually tend to read.. that is until this July when BIOSHOCK: RAPTURE is released.

-deadmanwalkin

I am reading Endless Night by Richard Laymon

and The Unseen Self Kirlian Photography Explained

Star Trek: Titan (Captain Will Riker's first command after Nemesis) - just started the series. Kinda meh so far but I just hit the half way point of book one and it's picking up a little bit. There needs to be more phasers and less politics. I find it odd that this ship is advertised as an exploration vessel and its first mission is politics. UGH...i want to see new worlds and meet new races....enouch with the Romulans already.

I've been reading at warp speed lately due to my extended train rides to work every day
Last couple of weeks i finished Mary Shelley's Frankenstein and High Fidelity just started Kingdom of Fear by Hunter S. Thompson

Currently reading reviews on Roger Ebert's website.  Just read the review for Johnny Handsome, which I saw years ago and thoroughly enjoyed.  Good to see Ebert agreed with me in his review.

Lots and lots of movie summaries/descriptions.