Topic: The Roommate - Watch or Stay Away?

Can anyone out there tell me if The Roommate is worth watching? This site keeps advertising it, so it's kind of hard to ignore. Damn marketing geniuses. I try to keep an open mind about PG-13 horror movies and I like the cute but cardboard-talented Cam Gigandet who I see co-stars, but the premise just seems so done-to-death. Looking for some warnings/encouragement on the issue.

Re: The Roommate - Watch or Stay Away?

I haven't seen it, but I'm going to avoid it. I don't really see how it could be any good.

Haven't seen it yet either, but since I LOVE Leighton Meester, I'll end up watching it.

It's worse than AIDS that has cancer.

it's so pathetic - good for a first watch maybe even a second but I wouldn't reccomend more

MacheteMassacre wrote:

It's worse than AIDS that has cancer.

You should watch what you say/type, some people have had others effected by Cancer. So, take your head out of your ***ing ass.

man i heard this movie sucked and it looks shitty too. i will not be checking this one out. alot of crap lately!

I personally was really dissapointed It was Single White Female set at a college except without the great stellito scene I would say dont waste your time or money

The previews didn't look all that interesting. It looked like a teen version of "Obsession." Thanks for the heads up!

It sucks!!! Boring!!!!!

The acting is bad and it's a remake of Single White Female.

It's about as intriguing a white canvas painted white and called art. Look at the title, look at the box art. Done. There is nothing else to it and exactly what you think it will be from the first second to the last. And the same goes for that new psycho chick flick... (wait for it)... The Groupie.  Hmmmm... I wonder how that is going to unfold??? 

Perhaps a few suggestions in the girl-gone-murdering psycho category?

You are much better off hunting down the original girl-gone-bad suspenser, The BAD SEED (1956) about a murdering 8-year-old girl who hides behind the guise of a sweet innocent kid. Brilliant. The grandmother of them all.

And also the British film, GIRLY (1970) is really good too.

Others though not as good as the above but still have entertainment merit....
Baby Love (1969)
The Girl  (1986)
The Babysitter (Made for TV  1980)

I finally watched it, and it's total trash IMO. Not redeeming qualities what so ever.