Good question. Here are some of my thoughts.
I can't go with Freddie for a variety of reasons.
1. In so many of his movies, he goes out like a bitch. In the first one, for example, the lead basically disbelieves him out of existence.
2. When things go badly for him, he begins to whine. Not a very attractive feature in a villain.
3. He's often seen as comical.
Side Note: I don't think part 2: Dream Warriors went far enough, really. As far as I'm concerned, it's my dream/nightmare, he's an intruder in my home town. I can do anything I want. One power ain't gonna cut it for me. Super strength? check Sonic Scream? check...I got 'em all. And if I did only get one, it would be the power to adapt. Both myself and my surroundings. And before you ask: Yes, I've repressed the real part 2.
1. Both are "unstoppable" killing machines.
2. Neither of them know fear.
3. Neither of them would ever be confused with the court jester.
4. I would choose Jason in a fight with Michael, but only because I don't know quite what to make of Michael. Af first I believed him to be wholly human, but he seems to have evolved. I'd love to see that fight, though, it would be as violent and as bloody as it would be silent.
5. Ultimately, both of them are earthbound manifestions of whatever they may be.
So that leaves, Pinhead.
With all the powers of hell behind him I believe he would win. Of course, would Jason or Michael have the wherewithal or ambition to decode the puzzle box? Would Freddie be dumb enough? Is Freddie even vulnerable to it?
Do cenobytes dream?
Wait!! I believe I answered the wrong question here.
I think Jason makes the most efficient killer, followed by Michael. Neither of them really have limits, though Michael seems more concerned with killing his family, and anybody who gets in his way. They're both essentially killing machines however. Pinhead relies on a puzzle box, while Freddie relies on a sleeping dreamer. I like my first response, though, so I guess I'll leave it as written.
Edited to add the final two paragraphs.
Last edited by sMart (2006-10-19 20:36:05)