Topic: The Lashman

Well ladies and gents, I couldn't help myself. I just had to make a thread to share some thoughts on this past weekend.

Me and Cameron rode to Kentucky to film a few more scenes for The Lashman at the Copper Canyon Ranch. Naturally it's always good to see Tim and Carole and get away from the bustle of the big city. The fellowship, calm atmosphere, the land mass, the animals and of course the sheer existence of the western town makes it all worth it.

But the R&R was scarce as we worked straight through the weekend day and night to get what we needed. Hot weather, fooling with equipment, loud Cicadas, etc. etc. I even got to do my favorite thing: Stunt Work. We also had a fantastic cast of characters for a couple of our scenes, and I mean fantastic. They had the look.

The thing is...after all that, the long drive home this morning followed by a hard days work, I realized something.

What we did this weekend alone was as awesome, if not more, than what we did for a whole 2 weeks during the initial shoot.

I can't share any major details of course, but let me say this...when this movie starts to show itself, I really don't expect anyone to be disappointed. If they are, they don't appreciate movies too much at all.

Re: The Lashman

You know I had great admiration for GT, and if this is that much better, I can't wait.  Once it comes out, we'll be doing Lashman as a movie night posthaste.  Would you attend, pretty please?  We'll work around your schedule.

Thanks Az. I know it may be strange that I am boasting so much about this film though it isn't my own. The thing is, I am proud of what we have accomplished, and I can see that Cameron has put his heart into this film to provide good entertainment for everyone. I believe in this film, otherwise I would have never signed on.

See folks, it's about those who put forth a valid effort into what they do. It's about people who care what the viewers watch and what the viewer thinks. One thing is for certain, a good story is the main ingredient for any film. The story of The Lashman...is exactly that.

It will be a while before this can become a movie might. But when it does, I'll do my best to be there. I'm sure Cameron will to.

Last edited by aceofspades70 (2011-05-23 19:15:10)

^^
Ah, hell, when it does come out we can do movie night with the 2 of you doing a commentary, with questions.  That would be a hell of a thing.

Sounds awesome, can't wait to see it.