Re: Horror Night #4 Movie Pick

The double feature thing sounds like a great idea. Planet Terror and Death Proof. I'm game. big_smile

I want it to be known that while Flo came up with the great idea for a double feature, I perfected the idea by nominating Grindhouse.

She has to know that I'm better than her, dammit. big_smile

Last edited by LoudLon (2011-05-24 13:25:32)

i'm sorry guys i'm good with planet terror, but i hate death proof, never want to see it again!

wolfman1959 wrote:

i'm sorry guys i'm good with planet terror, but i hate death proof, never want to see it again!

No one said he have to watch the movie.  You could just sit there and say 'bollocks', 'aluminum', and 'linoleum' all night.  Vampy listened to part of the 'Dawn' podcast just to hear you say 'bollocks.'  lol

azathoth wrote:
wolfman1959 wrote:

No one said he have to watch the movie.  You could just sit there and say 'bollocks', 'aluminum', and 'linoleum' all night.  Vampy listened to part of the 'Dawn' podcast just to hear you say 'bollocks.'  lol

i hope she liked it, i also hope her shoulder soon gets better, poor girl has been in the wars lately.

I'll let her know.  She'll appreciate it.  The goofball keeps trying to do things without telling me- like doing dishes!  Silly girl.

idea recinded

Last edited by azathoth (2011-05-25 09:29:13)

I have the perfect 2nd movie for a double feature, I finally managed to download it, but I'm not sure how to dispense it to everyone.  It is indy but very grindhousey, with fake intermissions, that are hysterical.  I could upload it somewhere, that would make it available.  Yes it is, "Bubba's Chili Parlor", and it is really awesome for an indy.  Ideas?

Don't think that's gonna work for this iteration.  What's the file size?

If it's less than 2 GB sign up for a dropbox account It's quick, easy and free. Plus if you sign up using the link and install the software you'll be helping me out.

Cap Howdy wrote:

If it's less than 2 GB sign up for a dropbox account It's quick, easy and free. Plus if you sign up using the link and install the software you'll be helping me out.

Don't know the size, but I installed your poopbox anyway.  big_smile

I hope I set up my FTP server correctly...

Last edited by azathoth (2011-05-26 04:07:18)

Hey peoples-
This droppy box thing could be useful for future Movie Nights.  Take turns giving Capt Doody (see his link above) and me some extra space so I could host movies.

Him, he's just shaving kittens.  And eating my monkeys' bananas.

Last edited by azathoth (2011-05-26 05:15:57)

OK- give me some YES/NO on "Death Proof" as part 2 of Movie Night #4.  Also, let me know about the 6 PM US Eastern time start.

I'm tabling Possum's "Bubba" to the next night unless everyone want Bubba as part 2.

I told Sonny that when 'Highway 91' was released that I would make it a Movie Night movie if he attended.

And Acey said he would try to get himself and the director to attend once 'Lashman' came out.

(Note to self- "what the fuck are you doing to yourself?"  "I'm a fucking idiot, and I play with pain.")

[Anyone who gets that last quote- 2000 ToeTags]

edit- you have through Friday to give your vote.  Then I lay down the banana.  Because I have the knife.  smile

Last edited by azathoth (2011-05-26 06:23:50)

Bumping so you can look at my previous post ^^^^

Deathproof -- yes.

Bubba -- enh.  Doesn't look all that good to me but, if it gets the vote, it gets the vote.

Movie quote -- no idea.

Cheers Azzy:D But it wasn't so poopybox when I used it to pass you The Walking
Dead season finale wink

What is this Drop Box thing?

I'm leery of clicking on links to things I don't know about.  My PC is virus/trojan free for a reason. lol

It's free, secure online file storage. It can be used for backing up data or sharing with friends.

Ah.

Don't need it.  I've got about 750 gigs of hard drive and expansion drive space which despite having upwards of a hundred video files and around 600 audio files, I've barely put a dent in. lol

Doesn't really help with sharing though wink

Screw sharing!  I'm the selfish type. big_smile

Cap Howdy wrote:

Cheers Azzy:D But it wasn't so poopybox when I used it to pass you The Walking
Dead season finale wink

And I thank you for that.  smile

LoudLon wrote:

Ah.

Don't need it.  I've got about 750 gigs of hard drive and expansion drive space which despite having upwards of a hundred video files and around 600 audio files, I've barely put a dent in. lol

The thing is, for me, here, if we want to do something weird, I can put it in my DropBox thingy, and people can, ah, rent it for the night.

Better than me running my FTF server for a few days.

Say, for example, we wanted to work out an audience participation script for Night of the Living Dead. If we all had dropbox installed we could collaborate and share changes easily.

*Free idea, steal it if you want, I'm too busy*

Edit: Although for that idea google documents would work better, but you get the concept wink

Yes to Death Proof.  That start time is fine.  I may or may not be able to participate anyway though depending on the date.  Will be gone for a week in June.

Az, we could experiment with you putting The Tunnel in that drop box thingy and see if I could watch it so I COULD FINALLY SEE THAT FREAKIN MOVIE cuz I give up BOTH tryin to down load it AND streamin it.  smile