Topic: Halloween 3

So i just read that apparently Halloween 3, the sequel to Rob Zombie's Halloween is not dead as Patrick Lussier stated he is still in discussion with TWC to make the movie and as soon as it is approved it will be made!! Lussier hopes to go into production as soon as Hellraiser is released. Any thought on this??

Re: Halloween 3

I enjoyed Zombie's first Halloween, but as far as I'm concerned his god-awful H2 killed the series.  I can't imagine anything new or interesting being done with the Michael Myers character that would be anything other than a gimmick.  We know all and more than we needed to know about him; he's no longer scary, or interesting.

Let the series die, already.  We'll always have the originals to enjoy.

I'm actually looking forward to this. Lussier's My Bloody Valentine 3-D wasn't bad, and Zombie needed a break from making more Halloween films anyway. His first remake was great, the second, in my opinion, was just OK. Rob needs to get back to his original work. Lords of Salem is the film I'm really looking forward to.

I would love to see more of Michael Myers as he is the original supernatural stalker and my favorite to boot...with that being said there have been some terrible entries in the franchise that kind of make me cringe...But suffice to say I will see any movie that features this character plain and simple

I'd see it, but if it were never made, I wouldn't be disappointed either.

Horrible, horrible, horrible.

What about Michael Myers vs some other horror character?  How about Michael in space?!

^  At this point why not?  Michael vs Godzilla.  Michael takes on that unicorn or white horse or whatever it was in part two.

I say if you're gounna do it, then do it right.  Part 3 should follow the same story line.  Masks that attach to your head, then inexplicably make bugs come out of your eyes.

I am guilty of liking a lot of these remakes of the classics.  Blob, Texas, Friday, Last House, Halloween, Spit Grave, Thing (HATED Elm St!), so I am guilty.  I am part of the reason these remakes are made, and there are less original ideas.  Still, just don't think entire series need to be remade.

Halloween 2 was so bad that it left a bad taste with me.  So at this point I don't care anymore.  Michael goes to space and takes on the Leprechaun, and we'll throw in the puppets from the Puppet Master.  Make em.  It could not get worse then H2.  I realize of course it could, just don't wanna believe it.

Anyway...just my humble opinion.  smile

I agree Halloween is my fav series and H2 was just terrible but i also feel Lussier might be able to at least finish it on a better note than H2

JJ - Ohh ohh....just read a press release on this, and it turns out Jack Black declined the offer to play Michael.  So...thinkin you are not lookin forward to it as much as you were huh?  big_smile

^^o yeah send me the release on that tongue and why wouldnt i I Still Know was a movie masterpiece tongue hahaa

I love Zombie's Halloween, didn't like the sequel as near as much but I still enjoyed it, I wouldn't mind seeing a part 3, but I have to admit that I'm not a huge Lussier fan.

I just started writing a sketch comedy that Michael Myers and Sam Loomis are room mates. Loomis is a party animal and Michael is a neat freak. It's like Perfect Strangers, My Two Dads, Full House and all those others shows had a baby.

Aidan13 wrote:

What about Michael Myers vs some other horror character?  How about Michael in space?!

Please tell me you're joking...

^^ Why not? They had Jason go to space, Michael wants a go as well T.T No, I agree with Lon..the series just needs to die. I will give it to Rob that the first remake he made was pretty good, but the second one was so awful, I was tempted to go jump into the river. I can't see him doing anything much with a third one.

MacheteMassacre wrote:

I just started writing a sketch comedy that Michael Myers and Sam Loomis are room mates. Loomis is a party animal and Michael is a neat freak. It's like Perfect Strangers, My Two Dads, Full House and all those others shows had a baby.

This is the most ridiculous idea I've heard.  CLEARLY, Micheal would be the party animal and Loomis the neat freak.  C'mon Chete, get it right.  smile

Ghostseeker wrote:
MacheteMassacre wrote:

This is the most ridiculous idea I've heard.  CLEARLY, Micheal would be the party animal and Loomis the neat freak.  C'mon Chete, get it right.  smile

Ha, yeah I thought about that, but in classic comedy skit format, you reverse it. Plus, if you think about it. Look at their lives (the original Halloween, not the remake). Michael is cleaning up his past (bit of a stretch, I know) and Loomis' life is a mess. He's running around, trying to find Michael, making a mess of things. I'm killing my voice trying to do the Donald Pleasance voice.

Yeah this, next Nightmare, next Texas Chainsaw and next Friday are all going to be made pretty soon.  It's crazy but I'm excited to see them live, good or bad.

They should make Halloween 3 a remake of the original Halloween 3: Season of the Witch.. or perhaps that's what Lords of salem should be.

Lords of Salem is going to be awesome

Gardenofstone10 wrote:

Yeah this, next Nightmare, next Texas Chainsaw and next Friday are all going to be made pretty soon.  It's crazy but I'm excited to see them live, good or bad.

I gotta agree with that. I don't know how a new franchise of remakes will be, but I'm excited to see the possibilities. Why not? Not like the classic franchises ended up being any good in the end anyway. Perhaps we can learn from past mistakes...? Yea your right, probably not.

SW1134 wrote:
Gardenofstone10 wrote:

I gotta agree with that. I don't know how a new franchise of remakes will be, but I'm excited to see the possibilities. Why not? Not like the classic franchises ended up being any good in the end anyway. Perhaps we can learn from past mistakes...? Yea your right, probably not.

hey dont say that Jason in space, Halloween in the ghetto, and Leprechaun in tha hood were all amazing movies that ended the franchises on top!!! lol tongue

Every franchise should end up in space at one point or another, thats just the logical outcome of any given situation.

Let's see-

Slasher in space- check
Leprechaun in space- check
Dinosaurs in space (Future War)- check
Demons in space (Hellraiser Bloodlines)- check
Morons in space (Plan 9)- check
Aliens in space (well, duh!)- check
Dracula in Space (Dracula 3000)- check
Kung Fu Werewolf in Space- check
Robots is space- check
Monkey is space- check
http://viralswagger.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/space-monkey.jpg

What am I missing?

This would fall under aliens in space, but I hate that Critters 4 went to space. It makes sense within the overall story and all, I just hate it. I mean, Critters are aliens, and they should be in space to begin with, but it just bothers me. I dunno, just sayin.