Topic: HM Movie Night #4 Finalized- Grindhouse Double Feature!

Hiya,
On Saturday, June 4th, at 6PM US Eastern time we will be holding our 4th(!) Movie Night.

Movies-
Rodriguez/Tarantino's Grindhouse double feature Planet Terror and Death Proof.

Yes, there will be a break between the two.
Yes, once again it will be recorded for a podcast.  (No naughtiness!)
Yes, we're doing Skype again.

Regular or extended versions are up to you.  We'll figure out who has what and keep the sync going throughout the night.

Remember, if you are new to Movie Night, go to this thread and register your Skype name so we know who you are and will allow you into the chat.

Also, for Movie Night #5, I've charged FloridaPossum to come up with a companion piece to her 'Bubba' film.   More info forthcoming.

-Azzy, the Tamer and Tosser of Monkeys

Last edited by azathoth (2011-05-26 23:43:15)

Re: HM Movie Night #4 Finalized- Grindhouse Double Feature!

Yay!  I can do that day.  So now...just gotta get the movies.  Need it known, that Bruce is my bald brother, and I often get mistaken for him.  So him bein my boy, want total respect for him during that movie.  smile  He is the coolest cat around...so don't you be givin him no jive.  Ya dig?

Once I get from L.A. and situated into my new house, I will be joining this. I feel like I'm missing out until then.

DAMN, Great choices. I'll probably be occupied, but if not, I'll join in if I can find a copy at work.

I have to wait until the sun rises to see which versions I have, yes, I could turn on the lights, but that would piss my husband off because he has to get up at 0430, so even though I know your all sitting around your computer to see which version I have, you will have to remain there in your suspense until daylight.

I like that I have the most votes so far... lol

azathoth wrote:

I like that I have the most votes so far... lol

Awesome!  big_smile

There!  Now you can be even happier!

i will watch planet terror with you guys but i will not subject myself to another showing of death proof once is enough. apart from one good  crash scene and Kurt Russell, the rest of it is utterly boring, prentcious crap! in my opinion and i should sabotage the showing by shouting "BOLLOCKS" at regular intervals, carefully interspersed with regular shouts of " it's pronounced aliminum, we Brits say it right"!  and "I don't know why i'm shouting"! wink

Last edited by wolfman1959 (2011-05-27 13:40:32)

Here's a suggestion for Flopo's double bill Someone went to a lot of trouble with this one and I think it will fit the theme well wink

Voted extended versions of both, because those are the only ones I have. smile

wolfman1959 wrote:

i will watch planet terror with you guys but i will not subject myself to another showing of death proof once is enough. apart from one good  crash scene and Kurt Russell, the rest of it is utterly boring, prentcious crap! in my opinion and i should sabotage the showing by shouting "BOLLOCKS" at regular intervals, carefully interspersed with regular shouts of " it's pronounced aliminum, we Brits say it right"!  and "I don't know why i'm shouting"! wink

1- Awesome!  ^^^
2- Why does everyone want me to toss off so badly?
3- Err, that's about it.

See you on the 4th!

Can we do Planet Terror 2nd?  Cuz I will be late to the first one.

Ghostseeker wrote:

Can we do Planet Terror 2nd?  Cuz I will be late to the first one.

Peoples, we have a request.  Reply!

I'm cool!

floridapossum wrote:

I'm cool!

http://images4.fanpop.com/image/photos/17000000/Possum-s-rule-ice-age-crash-and-eddie-17056754-500-500.jpg

Ahhhh...you guys are nice.  Actually...just disregard.  I have to get both yet (just ordered em), so do whatever and I'll make what I can.  Not sure if I'll have em both in time anyway.

Ghostseeker wrote:

Ahhhh...you guys are nice.  Actually...just disregard.  I have to get both yet (just ordered em), so do whatever and I'll make what I can.  Not sure if I'll have em both in time anyway.

Disregard request!

Do gotta change my vote on this poll.  Just ordered the Extended versions for both.  So...need to change it from - Toss off, monkey boy - to - Extended Version.

Puuuulllllleeeeeaaaasssszzzzeee!!!!

Relax, son, we'll figure it out the day of.  Seems like most people have the extended versions anyway.

Oh, and you were one of the 'Toss Off' people?!  Hmm, maybe I'll just ban you!  Mwah haha hahahaha!
(Just kidding)  big_smile

I'm a tosser and proud of it!

You are the original, dear.  smile

big_smile  Posts cannot contain only capital letters, bite me!

Damn, monkey tossing is over 50%  I think that must be some kind of statistical anomaly!

Uh huh, sure it is... sad
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3378/3616268611_9da2f12d43.jpg

Last edited by azathoth (2011-05-28 00:22:47)