Topic: Movie You've Seen the Most On the Big Screen?

What movie have you seen in the theater the most and how many times did you see it?

Mine are a little random...

The Phantom of the Opera (2004) - 7 times. Yes; I saw a Joel Schumacher film multiple times in the theater. It was so bad, it became good.

PunBB bbcode test

Runner up: Titanic - 4 times. I was a pre-teen girl, damn it.

While I've watched horror movies at home over and over again, I can't think of any that I've seen multiple times in the theater. How sad.

Re: Movie You've Seen the Most On the Big Screen?

I've never went to the theatre to see a movie more than once.

edit- I've watched Titanic several times.  And I'm a grown man-child-monkey-thing.  Have a problem with that, punks?

Last edited by azathoth (2011-05-27 22:04:15)

I'm a fan of Titanic also, Bride! No shame:) haha. But I don't think I've ever seen a movie more than once in the theater.

( 1981)The Evil Dead-  2X on back to back nights, ( 1984) Nightmare on Elm Street- 2X on back to back nights. Those 2 are the only movies I've seen twice on the big screen. And well worth it!

The movie that I have seen most in theatres is Shawn of the Dead at a whopping 8 times.

The runner ups, are the first two Resident Evil movies, Resident Evil and Resident Evil Apocalypse at 4 times.

The one that is the most messed up, don’t judge me but Sex and the City at a whole 3 times. There just wasn’t anything to do.

CHRISTifer wrote:

The one that is the most messed up, don’t judge me but Sex and the City at a whole 3 times. There just wasn’t anything to do.

*Judging*

smile not really, but I couldn't bring myself to even watch the show.

CHRISTifer wrote:

That's awesome.  big_smile  Welcome!  smile

I've seen both Texas Chainsaw Massacre and Pink Flamingos twice each on the big screen... Two of my favourite films.

Last edited by Ms45 (2011-05-27 22:39:56)

I have seen two movies 3 times and couple twice but I will just name the ones I have seen 3 times.

Drag Me to Hell (x3)
Rob Zombie's Halloween (x3)

Last edited by Vamp_Slayer (2011-05-28 07:32:11)

Saw Inception three times. Enjoyed it every time.

Don't think I've seen any more than twice.

Twice:

Rocky Horror

Halloween 4

Saw Zombie's Halloween remake twice and Disturbia twice.

I think as a kid we saw Star Wars four times at the theater?  Not sure on that.

Watchmen - 3 times

Scream - twice

That's about it.  I'll typically only watch a movie once at the theater.  Each time I saw Watchmen I was by myself (prefer it that way).  The first time I saw Scream was alone; the second time I took my younger sister because she was a big Drew Barrymore fan and I wanted my sis to see her get killed.  It worked, she got upset and slapped my arm and said, "You didn't tell me she was going to die!"

I don't usually see movies twice in the cinema but I see all the Harry Potter movies at least twice when they come out, sometimes 3 times. Oh and again if I am seeing a double feature with the previous one first xD.

I saw Grease multiple times with my Dad when I was young.  He loved that movie smile

the only film i ever saw at the cinema more than once was the "Towering Inferno" brilliant film. why does my computer suddenly leave half my replies out?

Last edited by wolfman1959 (2011-05-29 04:17:55)

I can count the films I've seen more than once on the big screen almost on one hand.

The Empire Strikes Back
Friday The 13th 3D
Hitchcock's Psycho
Howard Stern's Private Parts
Wild At Heart
From Dusk Till Dawn
The Devil's Rejects
(all twice if memory serves)

but the winner is undoubtedly Evil Dead 2, which I saw a whopping (at least for me)
6 times at least

Last edited by deadhorse13 (2011-05-28 16:51:58)

I've never seen a movie in the Cinemas more than once, it's a rip-off to even go Cinemas here, that being the main reason.

back in the 'before times' it used to be so easy to stay thru or sneak into other films at the theaters.   ah, memories

Well... most people don't believe me, but I've seen Raiders Of The Lost Ark 48 times at the theater. It ran here at a multiplex (one of the first ones to open in Ontario) for 54 weeks straight. I knew the manager and he'd let me in to see flicks for free. I saw that movie at the theater almost every week for a year. LOL! I also saw First Blood 3 times in one day.

Others on a more "normal" level would be:

Star Wars - approx 10 or so, including re-release
First Blood - 5 times
Empire Strikes Back - 4 times (maybe 5, been a while)
From Dusk Till Dawn -  4 times (3 times in one week, Fri, Sat, Tues)
Pulp Fiction - 4 times

And many others at least twice, most recently Sucker Punch.

The Simpson's Movie- 2 times
A Nightmare on Elm Street (Remake)- 2 times
Cop Out- 2 times

Coraline-5 times.
One of my favorite movies of all time.

I saw the first Pirates of the Caribbean 7 times....my girlfriend was obsessed with it and I didn't mind, it's a good movie.  I also saw the first Toy Story 3 times

i honestly think the only movie ive watched more than once at the movies was Scream 4 i saw it 3 times due to series of events hahahaha

The Korean film, The WiG.
Saw it 13 times when i lived in Tokyo; once in Ikebukuro and 12 times thereafter in a cinema in Roppongi. I love that film.