Topic: Bridge collapse in Minnesota

I just moved from MN a month ago, this is sad they said on the news that they were planning to fix in 2020.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I-35W_Bridge

Re: Bridge collapse in Minnesota

yea i saw the collapse of the brigde on the news and it looked insane man. thats really fucked up hwo it happen. But to me it looks like terrorism, The way it collapsed but thats my opinion

So sad... I hope everyone is OK, which I doubt they are.  sad

very tragic. prayers to all those who passed away

Yeah I watched this on the news for a few hours yesterday. This morning they said that 9 people are dead so far with 62 injured. They expect more deaths though cause they had to call off the search last night and will be looking for bodies the next few days cause many of the cars are submerged in the river and they can't get to them yet til they move the rubble.

that is sad sad

i saw it on yahoo. com a while ago, very sad... kinda reminds me of The Mothman Prophecies though

Late last night i was watching one of the news channels here and they were showing a time line of all the bridges that had collapsed over the years leading all the way to this one and out of all the ones that i seen, it almost looks like that this incident is a little worse. I couldn't believe the devistation and destruction and aftermath of it. Luckily my Aunt or any of her family wasn't on there b/c they are from MN.

I have been monitoring this since last night.  I live an hour away and my little bro lives down there.  There are only 4 confirmed dead reported so far.  The earlier reports were estimates of 6, 7, and 9 were incorrect.  Divers are having some difficulty getting to the 30 to 50 cars under water and concrete today.  At the very least most of the bridge panels came down flat so people (including a bus of 10 - 12 year olds) got out with only minor injuries.  It could have been so much worse!

Last night the Mayor said there were 6 deaths. Then this morning on the news it was 9 deaths. Then at lunch time it was 4 deaths. I don't think they actually know how many deaths there are. It would seem that they would know who has died at each hospital or was pronounced dead on the scene.

I wish it would be only 4 deaths but I have a feeling it's gonna be alot more. There are still 20 to 30 people missing.

Here is a vid of that was on cnn earlier today
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=1ab_1186054443

Geez....I need to watch the news, been out most of the day.

hey, i live in mpls...was at the scene about a half hour after it happened...five of the "bodies" they found out of nine were actually all one person...just bits of them.  They are saying structural failure caused the bridge collapse.  We are dealing with lots of congestion here as they try to figure out alternate routes.  Most of the area (5 - 10 block radius) around each side of the bridge is closed.  20-30 people are estimated to be missing.  If you have any questions, i can try to answer them or go find someone at the government center here to answer them.  i will keep you all posted.

yes this is very sad..my prayers go to the family's who has lost a loved one..