Topic: HM Movie Night 3 (Dawn of the Dead) Wrapup

And Movie Night #3 has concluded.  I'll be providing Meh with a full report tomorrow.  We had 11 members, though some came and went due to a variety of reasons.  Turns out there are some 'Dawn of the Dead' experts here- and I mean experts.

Half way through the movie the Rapture showed up, but we were too busy so Wolfy told it to toss off with some bollocks.  Viewing then re-commenced.

There was an extended afterparty, again.  Activities included 2 of the group watching baseball games, some watching 'The Tunnel,' and finally we, as a group, watched 'Siege of the Dead.'  Oh, and FloridaPossum searching frantically for some obscure movies.  Really, 'Bubba's Chili Parlor?'

The podcast should also be up tomorrow.  I didn't record much of the afterparty except for the 'Siege' segment, since the rest was, let's say, a bit silly.  big_smile

Seems like everyone had fun again, so I'll be putting up a new thread for Movie Night #4 soon.  The front runner for #4 is 'Planet Terror' right now.  There was also talk of doing Sonny's films if he would attend so we could pick his brain.

Thanks to everyone who attended!

Last edited by azathoth (2011-05-22 01:14:48)

Re: HM Movie Night 3 (Dawn of the Dead) Wrapup

OK, I posted the podcast of both 'Dawn of the Dead' and the afterparty movie 'Siege of the Dead.'

Warning, there is adult language.

i had a great time........despite my 'technical' issues! big_smile

it was really good to hear everyones knowledge and little film facts.....loved it!

i will definitely get a headset sorted for next time! wink

twistedsista wrote:

i had a great time........despite my 'technical' issues! big_smile

it was really good to hear everyones knowledge and little film facts.....loved it!

i will definitely get a headset sorted for next time! wink

you better i want to hear your dulcuit tones and i need support for the British with these guys! they take the piss something rotten but i Love it! + i can't get a word in edge ways ! big_smile

Yeah, it was really fun. Looking forward to doing it again. Maybe this time I'll have a mic!

Sorry I missed it...timing was just bad. My wife got off work at 5:15 and I was doin some grillin. I thought I would atleast be there for the first half but nay, my sister in law was here and my kid was keeping me busy. I just gave up...

Thanks for all the work setting these up Az!  Was a good time, even with all the Canadians and Brits.  smile  Then there were the Americans that want to be Canadian or were Canadian...so got pretty confusing.  Then the Canadians that don't consider themselves Canadian and want to live in the U.S.  Actually, now that I think of it, I don't know where I live anymore.  wink  There was some weird dude that kept screaming Aluminimunum for some reason too, which was kinda odd.  Thinking of it, I don't know how I do these movie nights sober.  Which reminds me of the talk to legalize all drugs countered by the desire to have even more drugs criminalized.  Geez...was there a movie in there somewhere?!  smile

* Edit - Almost forgot, there was also a very spirited debate about the best way to infect my computer with the most viruses!  This occurred in the after party.  Luckily my computer and me got out unscathed.

Last edited by Ghostseeker (2011-05-22 12:08:35)

^^^
Ghosty, you expressed the flavor of the night perfectly.  Controlled chaos.

Okay I've got some ideas for Movie Night 4 so go get your post up please!  big_smile

The Creature wrote:

Yeah, it was really fun. Looking forward to doing it again. Maybe this time I'll have a mic!

yeah i want to hear what you sound like as well young man! we can talk about some of the old classics smile

yes i echo ghosty's thanks to you AZ, i know you work hard on these nights and i enjoy them, it's great speaking to you guys, and i want to speak to more people, put voices to faces! might start going on  skype more, to see if i can pick up any chat , because i don't really say a lot on the nights because i like listening to  the people on there, good entertainment, Lonnie is a night's entertainment on his  own smile. it was good speaking to possum who did a below average British accent at first, but then did some pretty good ones! is there no end to her talent!? hey ghosty aluminium is the correct pronouncation and you guys talk funny not me big_smile wink

Last edited by wolfman1959 (2011-05-22 14:36:55)

Just to clarify, Wolfie, it's pronounced "uh-LOO-mih-num." lol

Another fun night hanging out and rapping about movies.  Many thanks to Azzie for once again setting it all up, and additional thanks to Deadhorse for hooking up those of us who stayed beyond the after party movie with a number of sites dedicated to obscure/cult/exploitation/sleaze flicks.  It never ceases to amaze me how many movies there are out there that even the most ardent of genre fans has never heard of.

^^^
Wow, you had an after-afterparty!

Damn, I never get credit for anything, I'm feeling unloved.

floridapossum wrote:

well  you shouldn't, you're a fun lady and you're the one that introduced to skype so you deserve thanks as well. thanks possum xx ( pats her fanny ) remember our little conversation on Saturday ?

LoudLon wrote:

additional thanks to Deadhorse...yadda yadda

well it's really out of selfishness, you see - I don't want to be the only one who can be accused of having watched all this weird shit - but you're welcome nonetheless LOL

was fun times, although I only caught the last 30 minutes of Dawn like a dink.
indy low budget short 'Siege of the Dead' was a cool little nightcap though - good suggestion

Wolfie is a very naughty boy!

deadhorse13 wrote:

I only caught the last 30 minutes of Dawn like a dink.

I've never heard of this movie...you all are watching some weird sleazy stuff.  Glad I got out of there.

Wolfie...I'm like the only one that didn't make any comments about your weird voice.  smile  Was referring to Askani who kept yelling out alllooooominnimmunn...not you.

Ghostseeker wrote:
deadhorse13 wrote:

I only caught the last 30 minutes of Dawn like a dink.

I've never heard of this movie...you all are watching some weird sleazy stuff.  Glad I got out of there.

Wolfie...I'm like the only one that didn't make any comments about your weird voice.  smile  Was referring to Askani who kept yelling out alllooooominnimmunn...not you.

oh all right then ( he says in a squeaky voice smile    askani didn't say it right anyway it's aluminium ! wink.  i can't help being weird i'm english! wink

floridapossum wrote:

Why is that?

PS -- listened to the podcast.  Funny stuff; I laughed hardest at my own jokes. big_smile

Last edited by LoudLon (2011-05-23 19:29:38)

it was fun!

floridapossum wrote:

Wolfie is a very naughty boy!

i'm not  i'm a proper English Gentleman! smile    there are so few of us left.

Didn't realize Rammbock was siege of the dead, watched it tonight, pretty good semi zombie flick, I have actually had that one for a few months, just got around to watching it.