Re: Rob Zombie's Lords of Salem

So he's making a movie version of his song.

sounds cool enough, hope it doesn't suck!

Mistressof Horror wrote:

If Sheri Moon Zombie is in it --best believe he will show off her ass...

I hope so

Witches?  C'mon, Rob -- WEREWOLF WOMEN OF THE SS!

This is my beckon!  AH ha ha ha ha ha ha!

i personally dont like zombie because he screwed up michael myers with his portrait of michaels family and house of 1000 corpses just was dumb

LoudLon wrote:

Witches?  C'mon, Rob -- WEREWOLF WOMEN OF THE SS!

This is my beckon!  AH ha ha ha ha ha ha!

I agree.. I can't imagine producers getting on board to do it though... But then again apparently he's filmed like 30 mins of footage when he made the trailer.. He should just finance the rest and chuck something together..

I love Nicholas Cage

This one sounds interesting.  I liked House of a 1000 corpses and Devils rejects.  But I didn't care for  Zombie's version of Halloween.

After some thought (not a lot...I'm only capable of a little here and there) I can see Zombie doing something interesting with a movie about witches.  His directing style lends itself to down and dirty horror...and if the movie takes place back during the Salem witch trials, every other word won't be "motherfucker" or "spunk."

That's really the only thing that bothers me about his movies, the overuse of profanity.  Makes every character sound the same.

I think this movie sounds ssssuuuuuuwwweeeettt!

Really looking forward to seeing how this one will turn out. I have high expectations since I've liked all of Zombie's films so far.

I'm already lookin forward to the remake!  smile

Next to John Carpenter's The Ward, this is one of the films I'm most looking forward to seeing. I'm so glad Rob is going back to his original works....Lords of Salem should be awesome.

Heidi, a blond rock chick, DJs at a local radio station, and together with the two Hermans (Whitey and Munster) forms part of the "Big H Radio Team."

A mysterious wooden box containing a vinyl record arrives for Heidi, a gift of the Lords. She assumes it's a rock band on a mission to spread to spread their word. As Heidi and Whitey play the Lord's record, it starts to play backwards, and Heidi experiences a flashback to a past trauma.

Later, White plays the Lord's record, dubbing them the Lords of Salem, and to his surprise, the record plays normally and is a massive hit with his listeners.

The arrival of another wooden box from the Lords presents the Big H team with free tickets, posters and records to host a gig in Salem. Soon, Heidi and her cohorts is far from the rock spectacle they're expecting. The original Lords or Salem are returning and they're out for blood.

well this doesn't seem bad at all.. I do enjoy his original work and style.   I am pretty sure he is going to use his Devils Rejects cast  . Im gonna watch this !

It's going to be a hit or miss I think, just like with the rest of his movies..I've never really liked any of his movies except the first Halloween. House of 1000 wasn't that great and Halloween 2 was just awful. But I'm always game for a good witch movie.

I'm a fan of Zombie's...im very curious as to how his latest is gonna turn out...I have high hopes and expectations.

MistressOf Horror wrote:

Heidi, a blond rock chick, DJs at a local radio station, and together with the two Hermans (Whitey and Munster) forms part of the "Big H Radio Team."

A mysterious wooden box containing a vinyl record arrives for Heidi, a gift of the Lords. She assumes it's a rock band on a mission to spread to spread their word. As Heidi and Whitey play the Lord's record, it starts to play backwards, and Heidi experiences a flashback to a past trauma.

Later, White plays the Lord's record, dubbing them the Lords of Salem, and to his surprise, the record plays normally and is a massive hit with his listeners.

The arrival of another wooden box from the Lords presents the Big H team with free tickets, posters and records to host a gig in Salem. Soon, Heidi and her cohorts is far from the rock spectacle they're expecting. The original Lords or Salem are returning and they're out for blood.

well this doesn't seem bad at all.. I do enjoy his original work and style.   I am pretty sure he is going to use his Devils Rejects cast  . Im gonna watch this !

This sounds kind of silly.. But then again i think form is more important than content.. and blending rock with horror seems to be his thing.. I'll definitely give it a go..

Ms45 wrote:

blending rock with horror seems to be his thing.. I'll definitely give it a go..

word

I do agree it sounds silly, but disagree with form over content.  At least, given that storyline.  I was hoping for something more period -- like a Salem Witch Trials kind of thing, which would be cool.

I'll still give it a look regardless because I'm a Rob fan, but I'm not exactly jazzed about that plot.

just saw him in concert this weekend. it wasnt really advertised. I stumbled across a concert announcement in our little 'bohemian/rocker/gay' part of the city ( they have the best eclectic shops and record stores there )
he played a small venue a restored movie theater used for concerts now..

hopefully this will be good. 1000 corpses and rejects were good, halloween movies sucked. rob zombie july 27 should be good.

I've been following the news on this one for awhile, and I for one am very excited. Big fan of his past work, well most anyway. LOVE House of 1000, Halloween, Devils Rejects. HATE H2. Superbeast was kinda eh, I dunno. It was a cartoon, so it was different. I think he could do justice to a story of some Salem witches doing the revenge thing. Seems up his ally. Besides, ya put Sheri Moon Zombie in it, and I'll for sure watch that! My ol' lady dressed as Baby Firefly for Halloween once...wheres that pic...

wayne toth and his craziness.
http://www.oimag.com/iwave/images/36/o- … -salem.jpg

Hmm...still not warming up to it..but knowing me..I'll go see it...then proceed to purchase it even if I hate it

masochist, huh?  nice.  LOL

Fancyfeast...that is an interesting name/avatar combination lol

I kinda agree with Lon, I kinda thought this woulda been a period flick...still interested though.