Topic: I am attempting self-publishing

So I decided to attempt self-publishing. Having zero to invest I’m trying out kick-starter for the funding. I had to post a video which reminded my how much I hate talking in front of people. I am not a movie maker, after many painful takes I just posted the least worst. So if anyone is interested in seeing me make an ass of myself check it out.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/115 … len-corpse

Re: I am attempting self-publishing

is your goal of $1,200 just a random number or is there something specific you have in mind to cover for that amount?

I know nothing about e-books or any of the expenses that that entails, sorry.

Last edited by deadhorse13 (2011-06-02 00:50:06)

I did the math and that number will actually give me a small cushion in case something comes up. Also I have done the research and made connections with other indie horror writers and should be able to come out with a decent product on a slim budget. The budget would have been higher if I really wanted to dump money in marketing but this is a project/labor of love and not a business venture. But I will self-promote on my blog, guess blogging, forums and social networking sites if it happens.

This is really cool and wish you the best Swollen.  Clearly you have a love for horror, and I hope you can get that out to the people.

* The video was good.

Last edited by Ghostseeker (2011-06-02 13:07:53)

I see you like your Short Horror Stories, and I'm writing a book full of them. tongue

Hey, you tricked me!  You didn't make an ass of yourself at all.  It was actually a pretty sincere video for a cool idea.  The deception!!  tongue

Seriously though, you have a neat idea and I hope you manage to get where you're going.  Best of luck to you and your project.

you are a great guy Sam and i know you have the talent to succed. i wish you all the best.

That's too cool! Sounds like you have a good plan and you are going to follow through. The latter being the most important. Good luck and keep us posted, swollen.

Underdog wrote:

you are going to follow through.

i often do hmm   tongue      sorry i've been on the beer! not too much though.
do you get it undies said you are going to follow  through, i said i often do!  oh bugger ya! "BOLLOCKS" wink

Last edited by wolfman1959 (2011-06-02 18:36:53)

Thanks everyone for the encouragement it means a lot. If it wasn’t for MOH, wolf, DH, and the rest of ya I probably wouldn’t still be writing. On the flipside if any of you don’t like my writing feel free give the others the finger for what they’ve done.

I got great news; I got my first backer today! Even if I don’t get more it feels good someone thought it a worthy cause.

Last edited by swollenguy (2011-06-02 20:39:01)

wolfman1959 wrote:
Underdog wrote:

do you get it undies said you are going to follow  through, i said i often do!  oh bugger ya! "BOLLOCKS" wink

Ohhhh...I get it all right, Wolfie. Are you  " poking " fun at me? Howling at the moon as I speak good buddy. Wish I was there to share a drink with ya ol BOLLOCKS boy.

Last edited by Underdog (2011-06-02 20:46:12)

All I have to say is...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v93/loudlon/ChowYunFatthumbsup.gif

swollenguy wrote:

Thanks everyone for the encouragement it means a lot. If it wasn’t for MOH, wolf, DH, and the rest of ya I probably wouldn’t still be writing. On the flipside if any of you don’t like my writing feel free give the others the finger for what they’ve done.

I got great news; I got my first backer today! Even if I don’t get more it feels good someone thought it a worthy cause.

that's great news Sam, and if i had the money i would certainly help, i'll keep doing that lottery you never know " you've got to be in it to win it " as they say smile

Underdog wrote:
wolfman1959 wrote:
Underdog wrote:

Ohhhh...I get it all right, Wolfie. Are you  " poking " fun at me? Howling at the moon as I speak good buddy. Wish I was there to share a drink with ya ol BOLLOCKS boy.

moi? surely not!  i wish i could share a pint with all you guys and beauties but it would be so difficult  1 pint and 500,000 straws ! hmm

Great start so far. I am almost 40% !

Awesome man!

I still don’t have high hopes, but it will be cool if it happens

Hired an editor and sent my manuscript to her today.

Even though I reached half my goal and have 30 or so days left I canceled my kick starter project. It doesn’t really become apparent until after you post that it’s basically about hitting up your friends and family for cash. and i was never happy about that. its all or nothing so by canceling  no one had to pay anything.

I am still going to self-publish and am looking at ways to make it with in my means.