Topic: Hall of Fame Enshrinement

These players are getting inducted into the Hall of Fame on Saturday

Gene Hickerson
Michael Irvin
Bruce Matthews
Charlie Sanders
Thurman Thomas
Roger Wehrli

I am a bit suprised that Irvin made it because of his drug addiction but he was pretty good WR in his day, looks to be a good show check the website for when it will be aired in your area.

http://www.profootballhof.com/enshrinem … ry_id=2474

Re: Hall of Fame Enshrinement

I've never even heard of Gene Hickerson, Charlie Sanders, or Roger Wehrli before.

Michael Irvin does not deserve to be in the Hall of Fame but in the Hall of Shame. He's a joke. I never liked that idiot.

I always thought it was BS how the board would hold something against someone for their off the field actions.. He was a great football player.. Isn't that the only priority? The whole Pete Rose thing has me pissed off too.. So what he bet on his team? If he is confident enough to win let him bet.. If he bet on the opposing team thats a conflict but he didn't..

Goon wrote:

I always thought it was BS how the board would hold something against someone for their off the field actions.. He was a great football player.. Isn't that the only priority? The whole Pete Rose thing has me pissed off too.. So what he bet on his team? If he is confident enough to win let him bet.. If he bet on the opposing team thats a conflict but he didn't..

well I could bring up the Michael Vick thing here but I won't, you have to be a pro in every way shape and form to make the hall of fame, I only think Irvin made it there because he turned his life around.

Well you gotta do a lot more time then Vick has done anyway... His career isn't over yet.. well it could be. But lets say this dog incident never happened.. If from that point on he went downhill he wouldn't make the Hall of Fame.. You really have to have a really great career..

I never liked Irvin on the football field at all. I never thought he was that good to begin with. There's way more retired NFL players who deserve to be in the Hall of Fame instead of Irvin.