Topic: John Carpenter's The Ward

John Carpenter's The Ward finally gets a release date...July 8th!

http://i854.photobucket.com/albums/ab101/DirtyGirlMovies/neward-1.jpg

"Hear that, kids? If you listen closely, you'll hear angels singing. What's got them all riled up, you ask? How about the long awaited Stateside release information for horror master John Carpenter's latest film? That's enough to get anyone excited!

John Carpenter's The Ward will be available on VOD on June 8th, 2011, and in theatres July 8th, 2011. Lyndsy Fonseca, Amber Heard, Danielle Panabaker, and Jared Harris star.

Synopsis
The Ward is an intense psychological thriller set in a mental institution where a young woman, Kristen, is haunted by a mysterious and deadly ghost. As danger creeps closer, she comes to realize that this ghost might be darker than she could have imagined.

Kristen, who is in her early 20's, wakes to find herself bruised, cut, drugged, and held against her will in a remote ward of Chamberlain Psychiatric Hospital. She is completely disoriented with no idea why she was brought to this place and no memory of her life.

The other patients in the ward, four equally troubled girls, offer no answers, and Kristen quickly realizes things are not as they seem. The air is heavy with secrets, and at night, when the hospital is dark and foreboding, she hears strange and disturbing sounds. It appears they are not alone.

One by one the girls disappear, and Kristen must find a way out of this hellish place before the ghost comes for her, too. As she struggles to escape, she will uncover a truth far more dangerous and horrifying than anyone could have imagined."

Last edited by DirtyGirl (2011-05-20 22:20:01)

Re: John Carpenter's The Ward

Here is the trailer also...

http://youtu.be/Mw7dvwOr8Yg

Yay! Can't wait. I'm definitely going to try and see this in theaters. cool

I will see this as soon as it hits pay-per-view! Sounds interesting and I've been excited about this for a long time!

I had no idea that John Carpenter was still making movies!  This is such exciting news to me smile

The Creature wrote:

Yay! Can't wait. I'm definitely going to try and see this in theaters. cool

comment deleted i must be going mad, i mistook Creature for a new member!  jeez i'm losing it! too many late nights:/

Last edited by wolfman1959 (2011-05-30 04:28:45)

DjangoUnchained wrote:

I had no idea that John Carpenter was still making movies!  This is such exciting news to me smile

are you by  any chance  from the Spaghetti western database? smile

Last edited by wolfman1959 (2011-05-30 04:29:40)

I'm looking forward to it, even though I've read universally negative reviews for this one.  The trailer doesn't look all that great either.

But, screw it.  I'm a sucker for anything Carpenter does . . . even the stuff he's done that I can admit is crappy.   smile

JN...dude, where ya been?  Haven't seen you post in a while.

I wanna see this movie, but expecting disappointment.

Last edited by Ghostseeker (2011-06-03 21:18:28)

J.N. wrote:

I'm looking forward to it, even though I've read universally negative reviews for this one.  The trailer doesn't look all that great either.

But, screw it.  I'm a sucker for anything Carpenter does . . . even the stuff he's done that I can admit is crappy.   smile

No,  its not crappy.  It actually was pretty good.  It was very character driven like most Carpenter movies.  I didnt like the end however because it reminded of another film.  ( I will not say which because that would spoil everything)   You guys should like it,  it has an all female cast practically,  including Amber Heard  smile

How are you guys seeing this movie?  Has it even been released yet?  What the french, toast?

I can't believe you have to ask that Lon. tongue

LoudLon wrote:

How are you guys seeing this movie?  Has it even been released yet?  What the french, toast?

I saw it at TIFF last year.   It just took this long to be released.  Carpenter was supposed to be there but he cancelled at the last minute sad

I know where you saw it, DG.  I got ridiculously jealous when you mentioned it a while back. lol

Chainsaw -- pffft!  I didn't think it had been released yet, so I never bothered looking for a torrent.  But I just did before posting this, and found it.  I'm actually disappointed that it's already available as a DVDrip.  I was hoping for a theatrical release.  It's been too long since JC's had a movie in theaters. hmm

LoudLon wrote:

I know where you saw it, DG.  I got ridiculously jealous when you mentioned it a while back. lol

Chainsaw -- pffft!  I didn't think it had been released yet, so I never bothered looking for a torrent.  But I just did before posting this, and found it.  I'm actually disappointed that it's already available as a DVDrip.  I was hoping for a theatrical release.  It's been too long since JC's had a movie in theaters. hmm

Then you will have to come up to Canada and come to TIFF this year with me  smile

Sounds like fun!  First, I'll have to hit amazon to see if they have a copy of the book "How to Shit Money," then go on a wicked taco bender so I can fill my wallet.

Once that's done, I'm there!

LoudLon wrote:

Sounds like fun!  First, I'll have to hit amazon to see if they have a copy of the book "How to Shit Money," then go on a wicked taco bender so I can fill my wallet.

Once that's done, I'm there!

You're going on a taco bender?!?!?!?  Lucky bastard!  smile

I'm looking forwards to seeing it, but honestly I don't have very high expectations.

I just watched it, it was ok.

I'm interested in seeing this, but keeping my expectations lowered on it. We shall see...

I really hope this is good. The early reviews have me worried.