Topic: HM Movie Night #4- Grindhouse Recap

Well, not as vibrant as the previous nights, due to slow pacing through the movies.  (Note to self, more action-y movies in future.)

Overall, not as much fun as last time.  My fault- I'll have to review movies with a better eye on the conversational aspect from now on.

I'll be submitting a full write-up to Meh in a bit.  I'm still freaking tired; I dozed off about 2/3 of the way through the 2nd movie.  I'll be putting the podcast up (check the official writeup), but it's not exciting. 

On the upside- FloridaPossum's choices have a high-level MST3K opportunity.  (Hmmm, maybe I should make up a new term-  "Horror-Movies Movie Night (?)K?"  'HMMNK'?  Give me some ideas.

Thanks for everyone that showed up.  Sorry it wasn't as good a showing as the previous ones.  sad

-Az

Last edited by azathoth (2011-06-05 10:10:52)

Re: HM Movie Night #4- Grindhouse Recap

Well, I think it was a fine night.  How would you know anyway?  smile  Thanks for setting it up.  It went well.  Personally, thought the movie choices were great.  Just a bit more time than I commit at one time.

Don't worry, Drive-In movie night has intermission and refreshments breaks, thanks to my uncanny ability to plan ahead.  big_smile

Aw, it wasn't that boring. Sure, not as lively as other nights, but all in all, the night went just fine I think.

Thanks for setting it all up, Az-man. smile

Thanks Azz, for being a great host.  Sorry I missed out on Deathproof.   And it is always fun to talk to everyone smile

yes az, nothing says "great host" like having the film's dialogue almost drowned out by your incessant snoring.  Keep up the good work, buddy!  tongue

in all seriousness, I had some fun and it was a much needed distraction, so I'll not complain.
Look forward to the next one.

This was not my finest moment. Nor my 32,403rd.

^  Hey man...don't lose any sleep over it.  big_smile

Seriously though...no one cares.  Was still a good night.

Last edited by Ghostseeker (2011-06-05 13:54:13)

The Creature wrote:

Aw, it wasn't that boring. Sure, not as lively as other nights, but all in all, the night went just fine I think.

sorry i didn't reply to your message creature, didn't see it till it was too late. sad

i enjoyed it az, didn't think it was boring and my thanks for your hard work and time in setting these up. always a pleasure to talk to you guys and girls, lon and Pam are always entertaining, and i hope more people get to join in, they are missing out! enjoyed " Planet Terror" and i don't blame you falling asleep during that piece of crap "Death Proof" did i ever tell you guys i don't like that film ? smile

wolfman1959 wrote:
The Creature wrote:

sorry i didn't reply to your message creature, didn't see it till it was too late. sad

Ah, don't worry about it Wolfie, it's all good. I was just simply saying 'hello there'! smile

The Creature wrote:

Ah, don't worry about it Wolfie, it's all good. I was just simply saying 'BOLLOCKS!'

Fixed that for ya.  big_smile

We're only entertaining if you like the sound of old married people fighting.  LOL

I'll take fully blame for Azzie falling asleep because Death Proof was my suggestion as a second bill.  I admit that even my "full of useless trivia" self had trouble keeping the conversation going during that one. lol

Still, you do a lot of work putting these things together, Az.  We took a couple cheap shots at you while you were snoozing, but they were all out of love. big_smile

^^^
No, I deserve anything you folks said.  It is bad form for the host to doze off.  I'll make sure I drink coffee for the next one.

But hey, we're still learning on what films work.  Someone mentioned 'Plan 9' to me- I'll have to find a companion piece and call it MST3K Night.

One bad night does not sink a monkey horde!  (It takes at least 3 kegs and a barrel of margaritas.)

Last edited by azathoth (2011-06-06 00:54:24)